Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience

View Poll Results: Which strut do you use?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Airshore

3 42.86%
  • Paratech

4 57.14%
  • Holmatro

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Question Who is using Paratech/Holmatro/Airshore struts?

Who is using Paratech/Holmatro/Airshore struts? Specifically I'd like to hear what you think about the brand you use. The purpose for their use is for heavy rescue (big rig stuff), USAR, and trench work. Lets hear your comments. Good and bad!

What accessories do you have?

We have Airshores (the older silver ones) with the fixed ends. We also have about 8 add-on swivels for the ends. We use them primarily for trench rescue (we have a trench team - a partnership with an adjoining department) and found them fairly easy and quick to set, low maintenance, and durable. The new red "ART" models are nice, especially the extensions and interchangable ends, but too pricey for the current budget. On occasion, the Airshoress have been used for shoring up structures and vehicles on their sides. A nice set of vehicle-type struts are on the wish list, but they're going to have to wait for some more compartment space when we replace the rescue truck. No real complaints about the Airshores - I don't have any experience with other makes of trench-type struts. We did get to try out the Nightmare struts on a vehicle rescue training day; they worked very well. I'd like to try some of the other makes before we buy, though.
    R.A. Ricciuti
    Mt. Lebanon Fire Department

Thread Information