Thread: World Of Fire Report: 10-14-02
10-15-2002, 12:58 PM #1
World Of Fire Report: 10-14-02
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Daylight Time unless otherwise indicated)
Monday, October 14, 2002
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working fire in a house at 2407 Cora. Pumper 10 reports a small fire in a building 1 line off. PUMPERS: 10, 28, 26, HL15 & BC805. [STL819]. 12:23a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD has an automobile fire at Union and Bircher. Pumper 27 was told to stage on their way to the car fire because the FAO had a report of a Police Officer shot at that location. They do have a car fire but have heard no confirmation of the Police Officer being shot. [STL819]. 12:43a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD’s automobile fire with a Police Officer possibly shot at Union and Bircher. Apparently there was a Police Officer injured because 2 Firefighters from Pumper 27 went to the hospital with the Police Officer. Nature of the injury is not confirmed. [STL819]. 1:02a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a 1st Alarm b/o Pumper 17 for a fire on Harper east of Grand. Pumper 17 reports they have heavy fire. PUMPERS: 8, 17, 20, 10, 26, HL-2, BC806 & 801, Squad 2. [STL819]. 2:00a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD's 1st Alarm at 3231 Harper. BC 806 reports a 2-story brick with 2 lines off. [STL819]. 2:03a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD's 1st Alarm fire at 3231 Harper. BC801 reports that the fire is under control and Companies are conducting a primary search at this time. [STL819]. 2:20a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD's 1st Alarm house fire at 3231 Harper. BC 806 has requested FIU Car 821 at the scene. By orders of BC801 Strike out the 1st Alarm. [STL819]. 2:34a.m.
· WASHINGTON, DC: **2nd Alarm** 4000 MA Ave. NW. Fire on the 12th floor apartment with heavy smoke conditions. [DC2]. 3:30a.m.
· HAVERHILL, MA: Working fire at 14 Bartlett St. Companies charging lines. *154.3625* [TAC9-C33]. 6:04a.m.
· Update – HAVERHILL, MA: 14 Bartlett St. CAR 2 reporting fire knocked down. Holding all Companies. *154.3625* [TAC9-C33]. 6:08a.m.
· EAST RUTHERFORD (BERGEN Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 126 Stanley St. House fire. M/A Ladder and M/A FAST Team to the scene. [EAN388]. 6:21a.m.
· BOSTON, MA: All Companies working on Pratt Street. An attic fire in a 2.5-story wood frame house. *483.1875* C33 [TAC9-C101]. 6:34a.m.
· PELHAM, NH: Working fire on West Brook View Ave. OIC reports fire showing from the rear of a 2.5 story house. *158.745* C33 [TAC9-C101]. 6:44a.m.
· Update - BOSTON, MA: Working fire on Box 5126 at 48 Pratt Street. OIC reports fire on floor 2 and the attic of a 2.5-story wood frame. 3 lines run. Fire knocked down - All Co.'s overhauling. *483.1875* C33 [TAC9-C101]. 6:55a.m.
· EAST LANSING, MI: *3rd Alarm* 1100 Trowbridge x US-127. Working fire @ the Ramada Inn. 2-story, “U” shaped building. Fire 1st floor/kitchen. Opening roof. Lansing with 1st Alarm. Meridan Twp with Medic for civilian burn injury. Engine for M/A fill-in. 5 off-duty callbacks. [FNNM-552*>510]. 9:02a.m.
· EAST LANSING, MI: 3rd Alarm Equiv *Final: Ramada Inn, 1100 Trowbridge x US-127. Roof opened up and fire knock down achieved. Overhaul in progress. M/A Co.'s covering campus runs for E. Lansing. [FNNM-552*>510]. 9:11a.m.
· EAST BRUNSWICK (MIDDLESEX Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm Equiv. 12 Sullivan Way. Fire on the 2nd floor of a 1.5-story frame private dwelling (cape cod style). All Twp. Co.'s operating. M/A for cover. [EAN100]. 10:14a.m.
· Update - EAST BRUNSWICK (MIDDLESEX Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm Equiv. 12 Sullivan Way. Command reports all searches (-), no extension into attic & fire is under control. [EAN100]. 10:26a.m.
· BURLINGTON, CT: MVA on Rt. 4 & Covey Rd. Jaws working. Request for Lifestar to scene. L/Z at Town Hall. CT123 [TAC9-C33]. 10:48a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS Co., MO: Riverview FPD has a 1st Alarm fire at Riverview Senior High School - 1218 Shepley. Smoke showing on arrival. [STL810]. 11:03a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS Co., MO: Update - Riverview FPD's 1st Alarm fire at Riverview Senior High School - 1218 Shepley: Fire has been extinguished. Co.'s will be overhauling & clearing the smoke from the building. [STL810]. 11:07a.m.
· CLIFTON (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** Piaget and Lakeview. Well-involved 2nd floor in a 2.5-story frame. S/C 2 extra Engines on arrival. [EAN301]. 12:22p.m.
· Update - CLIFTON (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** Piaget & Lakeview. Well-involved 2nd floor in a 2.5-story frame. M/A for cover. ALS & EMS for injured Firefighter with a neck burn. [EAN301 O/S/388]. 12:30p.m.
· EAST HAMPTON, CT: Explosion at 83 Midwood Farm Road. Reported 13 year-old male patient 10-45-C2 with facial burns due to a gunpowder explosion. Lifestar en-route. CT123 [TAC9-C20]. 2:04p.m.
· NEWPORT, RI: Working fire at 8 Beacon Hill Road. Reported building fire. Co.'s charging lines. *154.1675* C51 [TAC9-C20]. 2:39p.m.
· LEBANON, ME: MVA/MCI on Route 202 in front of Balisdell Corner. Two vehicle head-on crash. (6) 10-45's. M/A rescues requested. *460.550* C603 [TAC9-C811]. 2:44p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: 1st Alarm fire @ 8631 E. 63rd Street x Blue Ridge Cut-Off. “Briarwood Shopping Center.” Fire on roof of a 1-story Commercial Strip Mall – unknown if fire extended into the building. CAR105, P29, P33, R9, T13. [KCFN-02]. 2:51p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: *2nd Alarm* @ 8631 E. 63rd Street x Blue Ridge Cut-Off. “Briarwood Shopping Center.” Fire on roof of a 1-story mixed occupancy Strip Mall. Companies opening roof at this time. DC101, P18, P30, R11, Q41, T10. [KCFN-02]. 2:54p.m.
· HALEDON (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 12 Zabriskie St. Fire in a 2.5-story private dwelling. 1&1 from Paterson. M/A to work. 1 line stretched operating. Fire is DWH. [EAN301 O/S 503]. 2:54p.m.
· Update – NEWPORT, RI: Working fire at 8 Beacon Hill Road. Building fire. S/C for an additional Engine Co. to scene. M/A in from Newport Navy and Middletown FD's for Station coverage. All Companies working. *154.1675* C51 [TAC9-C20]. 2:59p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire @ 7411 E. 52nd Terrace x Blue Parkway. Fire in the basement of a 2-story frame. CAR106, P24, P35, R31, T5. [KCFN-02]. 3:03p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: The 2nd Alarm @ 8631 E. 63rd Street has been struck out b/o DC101. Fire contained to roof area only. No extension into buildings. [KCFN-02]. 3:06p.m.
· ACTON, ME: MVA/MCI on “H” Road @ Sam Page Road. Reported 2-car head on. Multiple mutual-aid EMS requested to the scene. *460.550* C101/C603 [TAC9-C20]. 3:11p.m.
· Update – NEWPORT, RI: W/F+ at 8 Beacon Hill Road. Reported fire in a 3-story wood and stone 100x50 occupied house. Moderate smoke condition – All Companies working. PWH *154.1675* C51 [TAC9-C20]. 3:19p.m.
· ASHLAND, MA: Motorcycle Accident at East Union at Cedar Streets. 1-1045C2. Request for Lifeflight to the Stone Park L/Z. *484.3875/155.16* [TAC9-C32]. 3:50p.m.
· Update – ASHLAND, MA: Motorcycle Accident at East Union & Cedar Streets: 1-1045C2 40 year-old male with facial and head trauma. Lifeflight ETA to Stone Park is 5 minutes. *484.3875/155.16* [TAC9-C32]. 3:56p.m.
· FRANKLIN PARK (COOK Co.), IL: A 2nd Alarm on Box #100 @ 9715 Franklin. Fire in the cockloft of a Grocery Store. [CHGO6/1/7/21/148/150/219] (C). 4:11p.m.
· RANDOLPH, MA: MVA/MCI 605 South Main St. Multiple injuries. S/C additional Engine and the Avon, Holbrook & Canton ambulance to the scene. *483.6625* [TAC9-C32]. 4:35p.m.
· STLFN: (1500hrs) DAMIANSVILLE (CLINTON Co.), IL: CLIN/CLAIR FD responded to an MVA @ 201 E. Main St. Truck vs. house. No injuries. Co.'s: 521 & Rescue 522 responded. Working time = 1 hour. [(HL)087/STL899]. 5:07p.m.
· WINDSOR LOCKS, CT: Working fire at 40 South Center Street. Reported fire in unknown type structure. CT32/CT80 [TAC9-C20]. 5:39p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - WINDSOR LOCKS, CT: 40 South Center Street. Reported fire in an unknown type structure. CT32/CT80 [TAC9-C20]. 5:44p.m.
· WOBURN, MA: MVA/MCI on Rte.128 South by Rte.93. Multi injuries. Request for the 4th Rescue to the scene. *483.6125* [TAC9-C32]. 5:56p.m.
· CANDIA, NH: MVA on Raymond Rd. Head-on car vs. tow truck. Two trapped. Request for 2nd Rescue and Eliot Hospital Trauma Team Activation. *154.19* [TAC9-C32]. 6:02p.m.
· SOUTH HAMPTON, NH: MVA on Chase Rd. off Rte.107A. Request for the Jaws. 1-1045C2 serious trapped. *158.955* C101 [TAC9-C32]. 6:57p.m.
· KANSAS CITY, MO: Working fire @ 30th Street & Monroe. Electrical fire on the 2nd floor of a 2-story frame. CAR104, P18, P24, R11, R31, T5. [KCFN-02]. 6:57p.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a working Still Alarm fire in the 4500 block of St. Louis Ave. Heavy fire showing from a 1.5-story frame building. 1 line off. PUMPERS: 10-24-26, HL15, BC806. [STL899]. 7:28p.m.
· PROVIDENCE, RI: MVA at Broadway and Dean Streets. Request for the Jaws for 1 person trapped. S/C for 2 additional Rescues. *154.370* C304 O/S. [TAC9-C51]. 7:50p.m.
· PHILIPSTON, MA: MVA on Spa Rd. Structure fire. Request large diameter hose and M/A to work and cover. *33.68/33.70/155.94* C612 [TAC9-C32]. 8:10p.m.
· FAIRFAX COUNTY, VA: Someone has just been shot in the head at the Seven Corners Shopping Center in Fairfax County. The person was in the Home Depot parking lot. Fairfax County has its helicopter in the air, and various units of the Alexandria PD are rushing to take assigned positions at entrances to I-395. Arlington PD units are taking their assigned positions too. (VFN108). 8:44p.m.
· FAIRFAX,VA: Shooting: at the Seven Corners Shopping Center. Suspect in blue coat using a long rifle. Left the scene in a white Chevy Astro van eastbound on Route 50, a witness says. (VFN108). 8:49p.m.
· LEBANON, CT: Fall victim in the area of Mack Road. Lifestar requested for victim of a long fall. CT3297/CT19 [TAC9-C20]. 9:02p.m.
· HARTFORD, CT: MVA on Farmington Ave @ Sigourney Street. Jaws working. S/C for an additional Ladder Co. to the scene. *154.3100/800* CT3297/80/19 [TAC9-C20]. 9:12p.m.
· FAIRFAX, VA: Shooter last seen EB Rt. 50 from Arlington Blvd – driven by unknown race male - seen with rifle - left rear tail light out - cream colored Astro van. Subject wearing blue shirt and jeans. VFN 108 (VFN108). 9:16p.m.
· FAIRFAX, VA: Update – Shooting: The sniper pulled the van into a parking lot got out laid the rifle on the door and open fired and then got into the van and left. (VFN108). 9:19p.m.
· FAIRFAX, VA: Victim is DOA. Suspect is now a white or Middle Eastern or Hispanic male. Looking for cream-colored Astro van with a rear tail light out. VFN 108 (VFN108). 9:26p.m.
· FAIRFAX, VA: Command Post is at Barnes and Noble in the Seven Corners Shopping Center. Latest word is the subject vehicle had writing on the rear windows. (VFN108). 9:41p.m.
· GRAFTON, MA: Working fire at 49 Brigham Hill Rd. Structure fire. CAR-2 reports all occupants are out of the house. *46.48* [TAC9-C32]. 10:01p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE Co., MD: **2nd Alarm Apartment Fire** 5 Lemon Grove Ct. (Box 17-11). Command (BC Miller) reports a working fire. Heavy Fire on arrival. 3rd Medic requested. Ops on 1-2. (Brian via Nextel) [MFN1]. 11:24p.m.
· MFN-Update: BALTIMORE Co., MD: *2nd Alarm Apartment Fire* at 5 Lemon Grove Ct. Command requests the MSPT Medevac for *1* victim that was located. All Medics working at this time. LZ near the scene. [MFN1]. 11:39p.m.
Mon, 14 Oct 2002: 10:55hrs.
SNELLVILLE (Gwinnett Co)1843 Eastern Cody Ct off Three Bars,off Ga-84, working fire on a two-sto house, flowing one 1 3/4" hand line. Dropping supply lines. Co 8, 12, 6 Sqd-20, Batt 4/3 Med-1 assigned to the call. Working Tac-4 [HNAN DEWms].
*** FirePage Ohio Report for October 14, 2002 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail email@example.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cleveland FD: W/F West 31 & Hancock. BN 4 reports a 2 sty house well involved. Cos: Eng 4, 24, Lad 4, Squad 2, & BN 4. Tactical Res5cuE - Worker. Lad 20 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Cleveland FD: W/F West 31 & Hancock. 1 Fatality. 2-3 injured, transported to Metro. FPO/D700 ©
Mifflin Twp Division of Fire (Franklin): MVA/PIN I-270 NB in area of I-670. Car off the road, down embankment. Cos: Eng 131, Med 131, 134, Res133enG, Lad 28, BN 131, 6, Chief 130. MedFlight S/C'd. BN 131 (Kauser) has command. FPO/223/D260 ©
Mifflin Twp Division of Fire (Franklin): MVA/PIN I-270 NB in area of I-670. MedFlight # 2 enroute. Level 1 Trauma. Extended extrication. Fuel leaking into Granville/Blacklick creek. 3rd Medic S/C'd. FPO/223/D260 ©
Mifflin Twp Division of Fire (Franklin): MVA/PIN I-270 NB in area of I-670. MedFlight # 2 on the ground. Victim still pinned. Res133enG heavily engaged. Setting up for Stokes Basket Use. Lad 154 reports minor fuel leak into creek, no danger. FPO/233/D260 ©
Mifflin Twp Division of Fire (Franklin): MVA/PIN I-270 NB in area of I-670. Extrication complete. MedFlight # 2 with 1 to Grant. FPO/223/D260 ©
Cleveland FD: W/F 9640 Hough. BN 1 reports fire in a 2 sty Row House. Cos: Eng 10, 29, Lad 10, Squad 3, & BN 1. Eng 17 - Worker. Lad 17 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Whitehall Division of Fire (Franklin): W/F 645 Elaine Rd. Fully involved 1 sty house, result of Police situation. 1 Fatality. Cos: Eng 151, 131, Lad 154, Res133enG, Med 151, 152, BN 151, 152, 131, Chief 152, 150. RIC: Eng 23, Med 131, BN 6. FPO/D260 ©
--- Pages Today: 8
--- Pages YTD: 3567
Sunday, October 13, 2002
· GOWER (CLINTON Co.), MO: House Explosion @ 13480 SE 169 Hwy. Edgerton-Tremble FPD (Clay Co.) M/A with Engines & Tankers. NFI-ATT. [KCFN-02]. 8:08a.m.
· NASHVILLE, TN: Working fire+ at 520 Interstate Dr. South. D&S Salvage, auto salvage yard, 100x75 building, 75% involved. Fire running roof. Defensive operations. Stations: 12, 9, & more on scene. Box 55 Canteen en-route. (RonH) [HNAN/BillD]. 7:09p.m.
Cedar Hammock Fire Rescue
On Saturday November 9, 2002, the Meriden, Ct. Firefighters IAFF Local 1148 will host a Firefighter’s Seminar. The speakers at the event will be Deputy Chief Bill Shouldis, a 28 year veteran of the Philadelphia Fire Department. Topics will include, but not limited to: Fireground Decision Making, including: Pre-Incident Planning, Decision Making, Fire Behavior, Collapse, Engine Practices, Ladder Practices, Special Operations, RIT, LODD, and Managing the Incident.
The seminar will be held at the Municipal Police Academy, 285 Preston Ave. - Meriden, Ct... The seminar will run from 9:00 – 4:00. Price for the event is: $60.00. Pre-registration deadline is October 25, 2002.
For more information please visit our website at: http://www.ittseminars.com/meriden Contact email: email@example.com Contact phone number: 860-250-4802.
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
CFN, Columbia Fire Net, is a product of the Columbia, Missouri Fire Department. It was established to provide information via pagers to Chief Officers, Rescue and HazMat Team members and eventually to any interested CFD member. The pagers are provided at no cost to CFD members. With 4 pin options available, members could select any 2 additional types of pages. Obviously their individual pin, then a CFD all call pin and their choice of 2 more. About 2 dozen elected to receive CFN as one of their options. As of this writing there are 4 who are authorized to send out national pages. National paging will remain a very closely held authority. Since we are new, we have a rather steep learning curve. As Fire Chief, Wm. Markgraf is the nominal head of the system. The other 3 "national dispatchers" are employees of the CFD.
The telephone number for the Columbia Fire Department is 573 874 7391.
Home number for Darrin Arends is 573 687 3461.
Personal Pager 499 8686
The CFD Web Page is: http://www.ci.columbia.mo.us which is the citywide page, then select the fire department.
Other dispatchers include Battalion Chief Ron McCord, Lieutenant Steve Sapp, and Engineer Dan McGavick. We sign by CFN/(and then our LAN identifications which is usually our initials.) For "snail mail" communications we may be reached at:
Columbia Fire Department,
201 Orr Street,
Columbia, Missouri 65201.
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportfirstname.lastname@example.org
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2002 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)