Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    TheMook666
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Access to your Station

How many of you juniors have access to your stations? And if so why?

Talking Access to the Fire Department

What do you mean by access to the fire department? If you mean are we issued keys to the department, to go in whenever we feel like it the answer is no. However, we are allowed into the station whenever there is a firefighter there. Wether he is on-duty, or hanging out there we may enter, just as long as one is there. I hope that answered your question .
    "A greater love hath no man than this...."

HNFC FF/President mdoddsjffhnfc's Avatar

My stations juniors are allowed in whenever they want.

The members trust us, plus since were in a small town with a small member pool. We have the codes for both doors.

We're just not allowed to bring in non-members without a FF there. Thats it.
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

Uhh...I can get in whenever I want. Got a key card to the door and the pass code to the alarm system for times when no one is on duty.

I usually have acess, in that my grandpa has keys and I am usually with him if I am there. Juniors and probationary members are not issued keys.

we have codes on the doors and we are given the codes. so i have access to it anytime. we are trusted and dont do anything stupid though
    Burgess Wills
    Firefighter/EMT
    Windsor Vol. Fire Department
    Chuckatuck Vol. Fire Department

Forum Member

i am allowed in whenever i want because i am trusted and alot of the times im the first one to the station to answer the call. plus i have had to man a knox box before and i am just trusted (or so i hope).
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

Our Explorers are all issued keys so they may gain access. They are not supposed to be there unless they are there for a certain purpose (Call or drill), but once you get to know the paid guys and vollies you go up there and hang around w/ them, as long as you do what your told and are pleasant no one minds us being there.

us 2 cadets have full access to the department, we know the code to get into the firehouse. but personally i dont go there alone unless we get a run, but usually when im over there the 2 paid firefighters are there from 8am to 5pm. but like i said i have full access but i prefer not to go alone and iiff i do go alone i cant have no people that are not accociated with our department unless of course there is a firefighter

Temporarily/No Longer Active dfdex1's Avatar

NO!!!!!! Unless were at a meeting.

all of are cadets have access to the firehouse but we cant be there by are selfs
    Jeff Gurski

Temporarily/No Longer Active EoneTiller's Avatar

FI21RE basically said it all.

-garrett hitchcock

MembersZone Subscriber fyrfyter33's Avatar

Our explorers can get to the general areas of the station, including the apparatus bays, and the day room. Two of Our stations have lockdowns, that are activated when a run comes in, and prevents access to all the offices in the building, as well as the bunkrooms, the workout room, and two of the bathrooms. The rest of the area, the kitchen, bays, radio room, laundry, turnout gear storage, and day room, can be accessed by the explorers.

Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

Yes, I can get access, but I have no keys. No need for them really, usually the bay doors are open and it's very easy to push a button on a garage door opener if they aren't open...
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

Originally posted by upinflames60
    we have codes on the doors and we are given the codes. so i have access to it anytime. we are trusted and dont do anything stupid though
    Same here
    When you walk through the fire you will not be burned, the flames will not set you ablaze PRAY FOR THE FALLEN

To All the Jr's Good luk n be safe

The previous comments are myn and have nothing to do with the department I represent
    LMTVFC

Forum Member

Thumbs up

only some of us have full access to all of the stations with the use of pass codes expect our dispatch area!!

gothic Yea all of our Jr. Firefighters are givin Mintor2s as well as the Key and Code for the door. Also some dont know that the Jrs at my station are allowed to run blue light. I guess because we have a 34sq miles and only about 15 guys that are running calls but only 6 show cause the others work in the day time, so i just leave school for fire and Ambulance calls. We have paper work that we have to fill out and thats it. Thanks
    US Marine FIREFIGHTER Richard S

Forum Member

We are issued keys when we turn 18 and become a full member. However, if a call comes in, I believe that the doors will unlock, hence allowing us in, and not having firefighters struggle to get their keys quickly enough. This does however rasie the problem of having somebody else get into the station while we have a call.
    Any statements I have made are my statements, and my statements alone.

we also have codes on the doors which we use.

Matt H
    President
    Post 25
    Northborough Ma

Default our station..

All members including us Juniors are issued a key to the station. Only certain people have keys to our "radio room" though. I have a radio room key due to the fact that I do the Department's website and I do computer work for them. Also cause I live real close and that way I can get to the base radio to acknowledge our calls. Most of our drivers have radio room keys also as well as the line officers and a few select others. Juniors are allowed to be in our station whenever we want. Just during school nights, 16-17 year olds can be there till midnight but no later, and 14-15 year olds can only stay till 9 pm. We can bring in a few guests at a time, but we are held responsible for our guests and if they cause any trouble or mess around, we are held liable. Mostly me and the rest of the juniors will go down sometimes with our girlfriends and we'll just sit in the lounge and watch movies and hangout. Beats sittin at home...

Export V.F.D.

Thread Information