Thread: World Of Fire Report: 10-16-02
10-18-2002, 07:19 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 10-16-02
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Daylight Time unless otherwise indicated)
Wednesday, October 16, 2002
· STLFN: JEFFERSON Co., MO: Cedar Hill FPD has a 1st Alarm for a fire in a house at Faye Drive and Marie Drive. No Size-up heard but an additional Pumper and Tanker have been dispatched. [STL819]. 12:25a.m.
· STLFN: JEFFERSON Co., MO: Update on Cedar Hill FPD’s 1st Alarm at Faye Drive and Marie Drive. An additional Pumper and Tanker have been requested to the scene. [STL819]. 12:28a.m.
· STLFN: JEFFERSON Co., MO: Update on Cedar Hill FPD’s 1st Alarm at Faye Drive and Marie Drive. Two additional Tankers from Pacific have now been dispatched with an EMS Unit. [STL819]. 12:34a.m.
· STLFN: JEFFERSON Co., MO: Cedar Hill FPD *2nd Alarm Equivalent* for a house fire at Faye Drive and Marie Drive. Pacific FPD Pumper 6124 has been requested as additional equipment. [STL819]. 12:46a.m.
· 2nd Alarm – TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: 126 Spears Ave. 1-story brick 30x50 dwelling. Fire 1st floor & attic by orders of C42. TFN332 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 1:18a.m.
· BALTIMORE, MD (6-22): *Double Fatal* working fire. Occupied dwellings at 1401-? Preston St. (NE of Downtown). BC-2 reports a 3-story brick occupied row with heavy fire all floors with extension to similar exposures. Bulk of fire knocked down. *(2) Pri-4 (DOA) fire victims located*. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 1:55a.m.
· Update - BALTIMORE, MD (6-22): *Multiple Fatal* working fire - occupied dwellings at 1401-? E. Preston St. BC-2 reports *3rd Priority-4 (DOA) fire victim located*. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 2:10a.m.
· Update - BALTIMORE, MD (6-22): *Multiple Fatal* working fire in occupied dwellings at 1401-? E. Preston St. BC-2 reports *4th Priority-4 (DOA) fire victim located. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 2:14a.m.
· Update - BALTIMORE, MD (6-22): *Multiple Fatal* occupied dwellings at 1401-? E. Preston St. BC-2 reports *5th Priority-4 (DOA) fire victim located* ATF & Car-414 (Rehab Unit) en-route. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 2:24a.m.
· Update - BALTIMORE, MD (6-22): *Multiple Fatal* working fire in occupied dwellings at 1401-? E. Preston St. Command reports *6th Priority-4 (DOA) fire victim located*. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 3:07a.m.
· HOOKSETT, NH: Working fire at Industrial Park Drive at the General Electric Plant. A Titanium fire in the building. M/A to work & cover. *158.760* C32 [TAC9-C101]. 3:51a.m.
· JOHNSTON, RI: 61 Marne St. House fire. *154.175* [TAC9-C51]. 4:18a.m.
· Update - JOHNSTON, RI: Working fire at 61 Marne St. House fire. All occupants are out. (1) 10-45C3 pediatric with smoke inhalation. Fire is knocked down - checking for extension. PWH. *154.175* [TAC9-C51]. 4:26a.m.
· 2nd Alarm – BILLERICA, MA: 303 Boston Rd for a Restaurant. [TAC9-C105]. 5:57a.m.
· MFN Overnight: BALTIMORE, MD: Multiple Fatal Dwelling Fire (Approx 0330hrs EDT) at 1401 East Preston St. Command reports *6* DOA's. Five died in the fire. The sixth died from injuries after jumping out the window. [MFN1]. 6:08a.m.
· (Delayed) – BROOKLYN, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 747 at 175 Stockhole St. @ Knickobocker Ave. 3-story 100x60 Modern Tea Bag Factory under construction. Fire top floor. 3 lines run. Now PWH. MNS-88 O/S (MNS-516). 7:32a.m.
· CINCINNATI (HAMILTON Co.), OH: **3rd Alarm on arrival** by orders of District Chief 1 at Gilbert & Taft Streets. Heavy fire in a Commercial building. NFI-ATT. [FPO/1002/D260] (c). 8:24a.m.
· 2nd Alarm - SOUTH BURLINGTON, VT: 14 Hanover Street. A house fire. M/A to work & cover. C32 [TAC9-C101]. 8:29a.m.
· NEW BRITAIN, CT: Working fire at 48 Wilson. Fire in a 2.5-story frame. A kitchen fire. CT19 [TAC9-C319]. 8:29a.m.
· SANFORD, ME: MVA on Rt.202 at Lizotte Road. 2 cars with multiple injuries. Jaws going to work. M/A Rescues responding. *453.175/460.525* C32 [TAC9-C101]. 8:33a.m.
· Update - NEW BRITAIN, CT: Working fire at 48 Wilson St. Fire in a 2.5-story frame. A small fire in the kitchen. All Units clear. FMO on scene. CT19 [TAC9-C319]. 8:54a.m.
· STLFN: (0800hrs) ST.LOUIS, MO: Fatal Shooting: STLPD is investigating 3 separate drive-by shootings: I-55 & Gasconade (1 DOA); I-55 & Potomac; Broadway & Arsenal. I-55 S/B CLOSED. Suspect may be in custody at this time @ Motel 6, I-55 & Lindbergh in St. Louis County. [STL810/899]. 9:52a.m.
· Update - BALTIMORE, MD: Multi-Fatal dwelling fire from earlier this a.m. at 1401 E. Preston St. Dwelling was fire bombed. An attempted firebombing also occurred last week. Possibly drugs involved. Four children & two adults DOA. [DC/BMD/E*23]. 11:47a.m.
· STRATFORD, CT: Working fire at 130 Ruby Lane. Reported heavy fire showing from a 2-story wood frame dwelling. CT173/CT19 [TAC9-C20]. 12:15a.m.
· MONMOUTH, ME: Working fire at 585 RT.135. A building fire. Co.'s report heavy smoke showing. M/A to work & cover. [TAC9-C101]. 1:28p.m.
· GRAFTON, NH: Working fire at 11 Neils Lane. Structure fire. M/A to work and cover. *159.900* C603 [TAC9-C32]. 2:13p.m.
· LOS ANGELES, CA: Greater Alarm structure: 354 W. 9th St x Mesa in San Pedro. 2-story Apartment structure with 1 unit on 2nd floor well involved. [FIREPAGE (R) LA-1]. 2:49p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - CAMDEN, ME: 25 Central Street. A building fire. M/A to work & cover. *33.700* C603 [TAC9-C101]. 3:44p.m.
· BROCKTON, MA: Working fire on Box 1355 on Nye Square. Structure fire. *154.310* C519/C302 [TAC9-C461]. 3:48p.m.
· MANCHESTER BY THE SEA, MA: Working fire at the end of Blossom Lane. A building fire. *158.760* [TAC9-C101]. 3:50p.m.
· Update - BROCKTON, MA: Working fire on Box 1355 on Nye Square. Fire in a 1.5-story wood frame dwelling. Fire in the basement extended to floor #1. DWH. C105 O/S [TAC9-C461]. 4:01p.m.
· NORTH KINGSTOWN, RI: Working fire at 179 Pine Crest Drive. CAR-2 reports fire in the basement of a private dwelling. All Companies working. *154.235* C28/C319 [TAC9-C20]. 4:03p.m.
· PORTLAND, ME: Working fire at 824 Stevens Ave. Fire in a 3-story wood frame structure. 1 line stretched. 1 burn patient removed. *800/154.205* C603 [TAC9-C101]. 4:04p.m.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST.CLAIR Co.), IL: Northwest FD is on scene of a *man trapped underneath a tree* @ 7514 Ridge Lane. A 16 ft tree has fallen on a 30 year-old male. Signal Hill FD responded M/A. ARCH Helicopter is responding with a 10 minute ETA. (STL 835). 4:30p.m.
· Update - NORTH KINGSTOWN, RI: Working fire at 179 Pinecrest Drive. Reported electrical fire in the basement - extended to the 1st floor of a private dwelling. S/C for an additional Rescue Co. to scene. All Companies working. *154.235* C28/C319 [TAC9-C20]. 4:41p.m.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST.CLAIR Co.), IL: Update on Signal Hill FD’s *person trapped under a tree* @ 7514 Ridge Lane. ARCH had a L/Z on S.74th St. ARCH helicopter has transported victim - unknown on condition patient. *FINAL* (STL 835). 5:14p.m.
· Update - MANCHESTER BY THE SEA, MA: W/F+ Blossom Lane. 2.5-story wood frame garage with Apartments above. Heavy fire condition. Roof is in. L/P's, Deck Guns and numerous hand lines operating. All Companies working. *158.76/154.07* C20/C101 [TAC9-C32]. 5:26p.m.
· TROY (RENSSELAER Co.), NY: **3 Alarms** on Second Avenue. Fire is in a two-story Apartment block. High wind/rain hampering firefighting. M/A from several Albany area FD’s to scene. [#MNS750#]. 6:34p.m.
· PROVIDENCE, RI: Working fire on Box 4356 at 72 Ortoleva Dr. Fire in the basement of a 2-story wood frame duplex. 2 Lines stretched operating. *151.220* [TAC9-C51]. 7:31p.m.
· Update - PROVIDENCE, RI: Working fire on Box 4356 at 72 Ortoleva Dr. Electrical fire in the basement extending up in a 2-story wood frame duplex. Fire is knocked down. Companies checking for extension. PWH. *151.220* [TAC9-C51]. 7:36p.m.
· Working fire - BETHLEHEM CT: on Sanford Lane. Structure fire with Mutual Aid. [TAC9-C51]. 7:45p.m.
· HOPE, ME: Technical Rescue: Man trapped under a fallen tree. OIC reports 1 10-45 C2 extricated from under tree & en-route to hospital. *153.980* C398 [TAC9-C101]. 8:16p.m.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST.CLAIR Co.), IL: Belleville FD is on scene of smoke coming from an Apartment building @ 929 N. Illinois St. Engine 1 reports heavy smoke showing on arrival. (STL 835). 9:03p.m.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Update on Belleville FD’s working fire - smoke coming from an Apartment building @ 929 N. Illinois St. Co.'s on scene ENG.1, TRK 2, Chief 1 & 3 responded. Eng. 3 moving up to Engine House # 2. Engine 1 reports fire in the basement level in the ceiling. (STL 835). 9:08p.m.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Update on Belleville FD’s working fire - smoke coming from an Apartment building @ 929 N. Illinois St. Fire has been knocked down. Co.'s are ventilating at this time. Utilities have been requested. (STL 835). 9:11p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a 1st Alarm for a fire in a building at 3524 Minnesota. Pumper 32 reports smoke from a 2-story building - 1 line off. PUMPERS: 32, 14, 4, 1, 11, HL4, BC804 & 803, SQUAD 1. [STL819]. 9:16p.m.
· STLFN: NEW MEMPHIS (CLINTON Co.), IL: New Baden FD on scene of a Trailer fire @ Walnut x St. Mill St. Smoke showing on arrival. Clin/Clair FD responded M/A with Pumper and manpower. Co.'s on scene: Chief 4100, Asst. Chief 4101, Eng. 4111, 524, Tanker 4113. Line is being laid at this time. (STL 835). 9:30p.m.
· STLFN: NEW MEMPHIS (CLINTON Co.), IL: Update on New Baden FD’s trailer fire @ Walnut and Mill St. Line being charged. 3 lines are working at this time. (STL 835). 9:33p.m.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Update on Belleville FD’s Apartment fire @ 929 N. Illinois St. Engine 3 responded to scene. Chief 3 has requested the PD Crime Lab Van. (STL 835). 9:35p.m.
· PLYMOUTH, MA: Working fire - Box 1433 at the area of 168 Old Sandwich Rd. Structure fire. *154.43* C231 [TAC9-C32]. 9:42p.m.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Update on Belleville FD’s Apartment fire @ 929 N. Illinois St. Red Cross is responding for displaced families. (STL 835). 10:23p.m.
· STLFN: NEW MEMPHIS (CLINTON Co.), IL: Update on New Baden FD trailer fire @ Walnut and Mill St. Fire is under control. Co.'s overhauling. (STL 835). 10:26p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for October 16, 2002 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail email@example.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Newport, KY FD (Campbell): W/F 7th & Isabella. Eng 901 on scene reports heavy fire condition. FPO/D1002 ©
Cincinnati FD: 3rd Alarm on arrival of Dist 1. Gilbert & Taft. FPO/D1002 ©
Editors Note: This fire went to a 4th alarm some time later.
--- Pages Today: 2
--- Pages YTD: 3593
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Boise Idaho Report
-0228hrs - Fatal MVA - EB I-184 @ 16th St overpass (Downtown) = Have a single auto rollover w/ 1 M) DOA, car was travelling 100 mph. E5, T1, BC1, EMS
-2356hrs - 2nd Alarm fire - 11500 Cribbens Ave (West Boise) = Have a 2-story SFD 2nd floor heavily involved on arrival - family escaped prior to FD arrival. 1st alarm = E21, 11, 4, 10, T6, BC2; 2nd Alarm = E201, 31, T1, BC1; late S/C for WT21 - 1700 ft. hoselay from hydrant.
-2355hrs - W/F - 7207 Lamplighter Ave (Northeast) - Have a kitchen fire in 1-story SFD. E201, 9, 4, T1, BC1; S/C for E202, T6.
-0305hrs - 2nd Alarm fire - 4354 S. Cochees Way (Southwest) - Have a 2-story SFD w/ fully involved attic. 1st Alarm = E21, 6, 8, WT21, T6, BC2; 2nd Alarm = E11, 7, T1, BC1 = EMS for inj'd FF who fell from 2nd floor.
-1649hrs - MVA/Ext - Ten Mile Rd @ Victory Rd (Meridian FD) = Have two auto t-bone w/ 1 pinned > E31, 32, EMS.
++ Garden City FD (AKA North Ada Co. FD) has placed a 2500 gal/1000 gpm Pierce Water Tender into service at Station 201 - call sign will be WT221.
At 09:17hrs the Gridley Fire Prot. Dist. received an alarm for a structure fire 2 1/2 mi east and 1 mi south of town. Upon arrival we encountered a 2 story 100 year old barn and machine shed with heavy fire coditions through out the entire structure. Command immediatly requested a 2nd alarm. This brought Chenoa FPD with an engine and tanker, Lexington FPD with a tanker and ElPaso FPD with 2 tankers to the scene. ElPaso was also dispatched on a change of quarters with an engine company to the Gridley station. The alarm was struck out at approximatley 11:30hrs, at which time Chenoa and Lexington FPD were released from the scene. While the structure was still standing, due to the extensive damage, a decision was made to knock down the structure. ElPaso FPD was released from the scene at 13:30hrs, and Gridley FPD returned to its own Quarters at 14:37hrs.
Submitted by Bob Fairburn FF/ENG. GFPD
NEW JERSEY FIREFIGHTERS ONLINE!
"By firefighters for firefighters"
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
Fire Page of Tampa Bay
PO BOX 1147
Tallevast, Florida 34270-1147
Russ Randolph: Rescue30@msn.com
Tampa Bay Area
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2002 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)