Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Test After Difficulties With Registration Process

WebTeam,
    This is a test message after the difficulties I reported via email with the registration process. Current status:
    • I believe I have access to the members zone. However, som information is incorrect, e.g. the price shown doesn't reflect the discounted price I paid for early registration.
    • I had to delete all underscores from my userid. However, it appears that other members did not have to.
    I'll review my personal message counter to see if this "new" userid is properly linked to my old one.

Again, thanks for all of your assistance.
    Proud to be honored with IACOJ membership. Blessed by TWO meals cooked by Cheffie - a true culinary goddess. Expressing my own views, not my organization's.

Administrator

Looks like all is working well.

Everyone will be forced to change their userids in the very near future. Userid with spaces, unique characters, periods or underscores, will need to. Existing forum members should still be able to post with their old userids for now, but they will not be able to access the rest of the system. Again, they will have to change them very soon.

As for the 'price paid' thats just a minor bug since the 'current' price is 23.95 ... if you check your statements it should show you were only billed the pre-reg price. The developers are adding a clarification with that line of text soon.

Thanks
    WebTeam

MembersZone Subscriber SIGNAL99COM's Avatar

Default What A Mess

I'm not pointing any fingers at any one person, however I am disappointed with launch of this members zone.

Am I the only one who seems to be going in circles when logging in as a member? Very poorly laid out in my mind.

I login and come to a page that makes me wonder if I am even a member. Don't click "get started", because thats for non-members. The register now link shouldn't be there either.....I am already registered ain't I???

Firehouse.com.....I know you guys can do better than this, I've seen your work for many years. Whoever is in charge of this members zone needs to clean things up. It's a mess and is confusing too many people. Once logged in with a paying account, why do we have to see all this register now junk?
    Chris Shields
    Lieutenant / EMT
    Haz-Mat Technician
    East Syracuse Fire Dept
    Onondaga County, NY

Administrator

Folks

Its the first day. There are bound to be a few bugs...but they are relatively sporadic. If you are coming to the forums, there are a few 'circles' if you try to login by replying..they are all being worked on.

Everything will be far more easy to nvigate once your personal page and the sections are launched in the coming weeks...all we ask is patience..its a massive project and switching 28,000+ users over to a new system is bound to have a few minor bugs.

But if you are here and posting, you're logged in and should have full access to whatever level you signed up for...

Only 10% of the MembersZOne is launched....keep that in mind. Thats why everyone is automatically (paying subscribers) extended through 2003. If you have specific bugs to report, please send them to 'MembersZone@Firehouse.com' ... Thats the quickest way to get it fixed rather than speaking generally about it here.

Hundreds of people have completed the registration/upgrade process in the first day alone and most are not having these problems...they are very sporadic and being worked on. Thats why we launched before the weekend to ensure the bugs were worked out as best possible during the slower traffic period.

Thanks
    WebTeam

MembersZone Subscriber SIGNAL99COM's Avatar

Default Relax Boys

Webteam,

Don't get so defensive, were just a bunch of impatient firefighters who have been waiting forever for this launch! We've seen what Firehouse.com can do, and since you guys do it so well I think we all expected you to have everything up and running overnight bug free. We know what you want to make out of this, we just wanted it yesturday....LOLOL.....

You guys got us so worked up about this members zone that were about to burst. Were the biggest bunch of impatient brothers on the web! Take your time, work on the problems, don't pay any attention to us. We just love ya so much that we can't wait any longer!

Take that as a compliment, it's all meant as one!
    Chris Shields
    Lieutenant / EMT
    Haz-Mat Technician
    East Syracuse Fire Dept
    Onondaga County, NY

Administrator

Relatively bug free so far

You'll note we've already made some changes to the http://cms.firehouse.com/launch/ page to make it a bit easier to understand where to go and we're making more changes now.

Somethings will take a few days to work out. Thats really just a 'holding' page so you can navigate the members areas for now until your personalized start pages launch in the next few weeks ... from there you'll be able to hand pick what you want to access.

Remember ... just 10% launched so far ... we're sure by the time everything is up everyone will be more than impressed. Until then, enjoy the few dozen articles from industry experts, the new chat platform, and special offers (coming shortly).

And again, please report all bugs here (be as specific as possible) or more directly via e-mail to memberszone@firehouse.com.

Thanks
    Webteam

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Default I couldn't be happier.

Just wanted everyone to know that I did not have an activation link yesterday by 6:00pm. I was jonesing for the forums and couldn't get in, so I emailed the WebTeam and in a matter of MINUTES-I am not exaggerating-I was given my activation link; went to the MembersZone, took all of five minutes to change some personal info and took a look around; went into the chat room where everyone was behaving themselves; read some articles and retired early. It was flawless for me. I realize that some may be experiencing some minor problems, but I am sure that it will be fixed. When the webbies told me that only 10% had been launched, I was floored.
    Firehouse.com can only get better from here.
    I would like to thank everyone who contributed to the re-tooling. There is much to be proud of here. I salute you all!
    ChiefReason-I don't need my space!

MembersZone Subscriber

I miss my spaces...

The only problem I had was when I first got my activation link, it kept asking me over and over and over if I was 13 years of age or older. I was tired and just went to bed. Next morning the link worked flawlessly.
    Bryan Beall
    Silver City, Oklahoma USA

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Default I wish!

SilverCity:
    I wish it would have asked me if I was 13 or older. I would have taken it as a compliment! Turn 50 in another week. Sure am glad that I'm immature for my age.
    WebTeam:
    If you happen to be reading this, I have a question. I am set up in my personal email to be notified when there is a response to a thread. When I click on the address, it won't let me go to the thread until I am logged in. Can it be a default, since as a MembersZone subscriber, I am registered to be in the forums, as well as the paid sites? I know when I set my information up in MembersZone, it asked if I wanted to be notified and I said "yes". It seems kinda silly if I have to log in to read it. Shouldn't I be able to go right from my mailbox to the thread? Just wondering. Does that qualify as a bug?
    Keep up the good work.
    IMACOJ with political aspirations.

Administrator

Yes, a few bugs with the interaction between main sign in and forums....should be fixed in a day or so.

Thanks for your support,
    WebTeam

Thread Information