*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Daylight Time unless otherwise indicated)
Saturday, October 19, 2002
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a 1st Alarm fire in a building at Blair and Clinton. BC801 reports a 2-story/3-family brick with heavy fire on the 2nd floor of 1 of the units. PUMPERS: 9, 5, 8, 2, 16, HL2, BC801 & 802, SQUAD 1. [STL819]. 1:39a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD's 1st Alarm fire in a building at Blair and Clinton. BC801 reports heavy fire thru the roof. [STL819]. 1:43a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update on STLFD's 1st Alarm building fire at Blair and Clinton. Command reports fire is under control. [STL819]. 2:12a.m.
· PATERSON (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: Working fire @ 12th Ave & Carrol St. Fire in a vacant 2.5-story frame. [EAN301]. 2:59a.m.
· PATERSON (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 12th Ave and Carrol Street. Fully involved 3-story frame – fire thru the roof with exposure problems. Outside operations. DWH. [EAN301]. 3:06a.m.
· Update – PATERSON (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 12th Ave & Carrol Street. Outside streams making progress. Exposures protected. Partial rear porch collapse. Collapse Zone set up. Still heavy fire but PWH. [EAN301]. 3:18a.m.
· Update – PATERSON (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: *2nd Alarm* 12th Ave & Carrol St. 3 victims found injured in rear yard with non-life threatening injuries. They escaped before the fire involved the entire building. Searches unable to be performed due to heavy fire conditions. [EAN301]. 3:29a.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: Working fire Box 1807 at 195 Bennett Ave x W.190 St. Fire 5th floor of an occupied multiple dwelling. L34 FAST. [MNS342 IAP]. 3:32a.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 10-75 Box 1807 at 195 Bennett Ave x W. 190th St. B19 reports mattress fire top floor of a 6-story brick occupied multiple dwelling 100x125. Have 2 civilians overcome on 5th floor. S/C CFRD Engine (E68) for aided. L34 FAST. [MNS342 IAP]. 3:40a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD *1st Alarm* @ Union & Maple. Heavy fire thru-out a 3-story brick building. At least 2 lines off. PUMPERS: 13-30-28-24-26, HL15, BC805/806, SQD-2. [STL899]. 4:29a.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: Working fire Box 251 at 18 Allen St. x Canal St. D1 used 2E/2T for fire 2nd floor of a 3-story brick Commercial 50x100. Fire was located in a Buddhist Temple. 1 line stretched operating. Fire under control. Return Special Units. L20 FAST. [MNS342 IAP]. 4:32a.m.
· STLFN: ARNOLD (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Rock Community FPD *1st Alarm* (upgraded from a Still Alarm) @ 5129 Dominion Dr. Smoke/fire in a house from a lightning strike. [STL899]. 4:51a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update - STLFD's *1st Alarm* @ (corrected address) 5268 Maple x Union. Heavy fire 3-story brick building. 2 civilian burn victims in care of the Medic Unit. S/C for DC810. Fire is under control. [STL899]. 4:54a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: Working fire Box 5630 at 115-27 198th Street x 116th Ave. Fire in the basement of a private dwelling. 2nd/3rd due Engines to bring in water. B54 IC/L133 FAST. [MNS342 IAP]. 4:59a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: Working fire Box 5630 at 115-27 198th Street x 116th Ave. B54 reports fire in the basement of a 2-story brick private dwelling. 1 line stretched operating. All fire is knocked down. Using 2E/2T, return all Special Units. Fire PWH. [MNS342 IAP]. 5:05a.m.
· BRONX, NY: Working fire Box 3644 at 862 E. 215th St. x Barnes/Bronxwood Aves. Fire 2nd floor of a 3-story brick dwelling. B15 IC/B27 AH CF/L39 FAST. D7 en-route. [MNS342]. 5:31a.m.
· Update – BRONX, NY: Working fire – Box 3644 at 862 E. 215th St. x Barnes/Bronxwood Aves. Fire 2nd floor of a 3-story brick dwelling, 25x60. B15 IC reports 1 line stretched operating. 2nd line in process. Using 2E/2T, rest FAST. [MNS342]. 5:34a.m.
· BRONX, NY: 75-3644 AT 862 E.215 St. x Barnes/Bronxwood Aves. Fire 2nd floor of a 3-story brick dwelling 25x60. B15 IC reports fire is under control on transmission of the All Hands Signal. [MNS342]. 5:43a.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire (Box 53-19) AT 622 Allendale St. Excess to rear only. Red Medic to location. 2 occupants in dwelling – DOA. [MFN-8]. 6:01a.m.
· MFN-Update: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling fire (Box 53-19) at 622 Allendale St. Request FIB & Chaplain to location. Fire under control. Had fire on the 2nd floor. Checking for extension. [MFN-8]. 6:03a.m.
· BROOKLYN, CT: (Mortlake District) working fire at 15 Paradise Road. A mobile home - half of it fully involved on arrival. M/A responding. *33.90* [TAC9-C09]. 10:13a.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, CT: (Mortlake District) W/F+ 15 Paradise Road. Now reporting the structure as a 1-story wood frame dwelling - fully involved. Setting up for Tanker Shuttle. M/A to work and cover. *33.90* [TAC9-C09]. 10:17a.m.
· MT LAUREL (BURLINGTON Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 22 Pheasant Dr. Co.'s have a 2-story dwelling with fire on both floors. M/A to scene. Fire is DWH. [EAN3621 51 929 3305]. 10:35a.m.
· MT LAUREL (BURLINGTON Co.), NJ: Update **2nd Alarm** 22 Pheasant Dr. Command reports 2-story dwelling. Co.'s are in defensive operations. 2 L/P's in service. Fire is DWH. [EANSTAFF 3305]. 10:44a.m.
· MFN: ANNE ARUNDEL Co., MD: **3rd Alarm Dwelling Fire** 361 Broadview Lane. Command reporting a large single-family dwelling with heavy fire showing. 2nd and 3rd Alarms on arrival. [MFN1]. 11:09a.m.
· MFN-Update: ANNE ARUNDEL Co., MD: *3rd Alarm Dwelling Fire* 361 Broadview Lane (Riva). Command advising they have 3 lines in service at this time. Several Tankers on the additional Alarms. COD (Simonds) en-route. [MFN1]. 11:20a.m.
· NEW BRITAIN, CT: Working fire at 152 Arch St. Fire in a 1-story brick garage. Car fire inside extended to the building. CT3304/80 [TAC9-C319]. 11:23a.m.
· TORONTO (ONTARIO) CANADA: 2nd Alarm 1600 Sandhurst Circle. Fire in laundry room of a Hi-rise occupied multiple dwelling. Heavy smoke on lower floors. TFN300 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 11:41a.m.
· STLFN: (10:40hrs) ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD had a working Still Alarm for a fire in a house at 5032 Aubert. They had 1 line off. FIU Car 821 was requested. PUMPERS: 24, 27, 12, HL15 & BC806. [STL819]. 11:44p.m.
· GILFORD, NH: Working fire at 4 Camp Island on Lake Winnepasukee. Structure fire in a 20x20 shed fully involved with exposure to a 2-story 30x30 structure. M/A Marine Units to work. *159.900* C603 [TAC9-C32]. 11:49a.m.
· WELLS, ME: MVA on Bald Hill Rd at Bill's Lane. 1-1045C1 (DOA) on scene 1-1045C2+ M/A Sanford Rescue. Request for Photo Recon to the scene. *453.950/460.525* C101/C603 [TAC9-C32]. 11:56a.m.
· LOWELL, MA: Working fire at 50 Clare St. Structure fire. Fire in the attic. Co.'s charging lines. *154.205* C101 [TAC9-C32]. 12:11p.m.
· STLFN: BETHALTO (MADISON Co.), IL: Bethalto FD on scene of a house fire on Cedar Lane. (Unknown numeric). Meadowbrook FD responded M/A with Pumper and manpower. (STL 835). 12:15p.m.
· RINDGE, NH: MVA on Rte.202 by Davis Crossing. Car into the woods. Jaws in use. M/A to the scene. *154.43* C101 [TAC9-C32]. 12:17p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – KEENE, NH: 131 Castle St. Structure fire. 1 unit involved in an Apartment building. M/A to work and cover. *154.43* C101/C461 [TAC9-C32]. 12:20p.m.
· Update – LOWELL, MA: Working fire at 50 Clare St. OIC reports fire knocked down. Co.'s overhauling. Request for the Red Cross and Arson Investigator to the scene. *154.205* C101 [TAC9-C32]. 12:26a.m.
· Update – WELLS, ME: MVA on Bald Hill Rd at Bill's Lane. 1-1045C2+ transported to Southern ME Medical in Biddeford with Trauma Team activated. 1-1045C1 (DOA) on scene. The scene is held for Photo Recon Team. *453.95/460.525* C101/C603 [TAC9-C32]. 12:29p.m.
· STLFN: BETHALTO (MADISON Co.), IL: Update on Bethalto FD’s house fire on Cedar Lane x Buchta Dr. 1-story house - fully involved. Holiday Shores FD responded M/A with 2 Tankers. Meadow Brook 2 Engine in-laid a 5” Supply Line. (ERIC-H/L STL 835). 12:30p.m.
· STLFN: (11:44hrs) ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD had a working Still Alarm for a fire in a wall of a residence at 5929 Cates. They were overhauling at the 20minute MARC. PUMPERS: 30, 28, 13, 27, HL2612 & BC805. [STL819]. 12:34p.m.
· MILFORD, MA: Motorcycle Accident at 75 Beaver St. 1-10-45-C2/multi-trauma due to a high-speed crash. Lifeflight en-route. L/Z is @ the ball field near the scene. *453.125/153.665/155.160* C32/C101/C933/C519 [TAC9-C20]. 12:51p.m.
· NORTHWOOD, NH: 2nd Alarm on arrival at 37 Fiore Road. A building fire. First Units in reporting fire showing. Several towns M/A to work & cover. *154.355* C603 [TAC9-C101]. 12:54p.m.
· Update - NORTHWOOD, NH: 2nd Alarm at 37 Fiore Road. OIC reports a 1-story house fully involved. Several towns M/A to work & cover. *154.355* [TAC9-C101]. 1:02p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS MO - STLFD has a 1st Alarm on arrival for a fire in a building at 5269 Vernon. At least one line off so far. PUMPERS: 28, 13, 30, 10, 26, H&L15, RESCUE SQUAD-2, BC805 & 806. [STL810]. 1:22p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s 1st Alarm fire at 5269 Vernon: BC805 reports fire in the basement. Crews have 2 lines off so far. [STL810]. 1:32p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s 1st Alarm fire at 5269 Vernon: BC805 reports fire is under control at the 20minute MARC. Searches negative. S/C Fire Investigation Unit 821. *FINAL* [STL810]. 1:47p.m.
· NEWINGTON, CT: Working fire on Russell Road at Cedar Crest Hospital. Reported room and contents fire in a 5-story building. CT19/CT1062 [TAC9-C20]. 2:09p.m.
· STLFN: BETHALTO (MADISON Co.), IL: Update on Bethalto FD’s house fire on Cedar Lane x Buchta Dr. Fire is under control. Some Co.'s are going back to quarters. *FINAL* [ERIC (H/L) STL835]. 2:26p.m.
· HAVERHILL, MA: MVA/MCI on Mill St. Car into a brick wall. 5 patients being transported to Merrimac Valley Hospital. FD requests multiple Ambulances to the scene. C101/C20 [TAC9-C50]. 4:34p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLFD has a 1st Alarm fire in an Apartment building at 5835 Selber Ct. Smoke showing - one line off. Report of a fire in Apartment 3-D. PUMPERS: 24, 13, 27, 12, 26, H&L-15, Rescue Squad 2, BC805 & 806. [STL810]. 5:26p.m.
· MANCHESTER, CT: 8th District. Working fire at Home Depot on Bucklin Hills Dr. M/A in from Manchester District. CT80/CT1062 [TAC9-C20]. 5:28p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update – STLFD’s 1st Alarm fire in an occupied Apartment building at 5835 Selber Ct x Goodfellow: BC805 reports fire is under control with one line off. FINAL. [STL810]. 5:35p.m.
· TIVERTON, RI: MVA/Pedestrian on Main Road. Reported pedestrian struck. R-2 reports 1-10-45-C1/DOA @ scene. Medical Examiner requested. *471.7875* C304 [TAC9-C20]. 5:41p.m.
· STLFN: FESTUS (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Mapaville FPD has a 1st Alarm house fire at 2805 Old Hwy A. Believed to be a working fire. [STL810]. 5:48p.m.
· STLFN: FESTUS (JEFFERSON Co.), MO: Update - Mapaville FPD’s 1st Alarm house fire at 2805 Old Hwy A: Fire in an occupied house. S/C an Ambulance for a smoke inhalation victim. Equipment move-up has been made. [STL810]. 5:55p.m.
· SOUTH WINDHAM, CT: MVA/Pedestrian on Route-32 near Plains Road. Reported pedestrian struck. 1-10-45-C2/unconscious. ALS and Lifestar requested. CT2587/CT1062 [TAC9-C20]. 6:04p.m.
· PROVIDENCE, RI: Working fire at 596 Broad St. Fire in a 3.5-story wood frame 30x60. Fire in the basement. Fire knocked down. PWH. All Companies working. *151.220* C304/C51 [TAC9-C319]. 7:22p.m.
· NEPTUNE TWP. (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm at 423 Myrtle Ave. Fire in a private dwelling. M/A FAST Team to the scene from Wall Twp. [EAN100]. 7:57p.m.
· WATERBORO, ME: MVA on the West Road with entrapment. Jaws going to work. Request for a M/A Rescue to the scene. *460.550* C603 [TAC9-C101]. 8:13p.m.
· Update - NEPTUNE TWP. (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm at 423 Myrtle Ave. Fire in a private dwelling. Truck opening roof. 3 lines stretched operating. Main body of fire knocked down. Still DWH. [EAN100]. 8:15p.m.
· Update - NEPTUNE TWP. (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm at 423 Myrtle Ave. All visible fire extinguished. Still have a moderate smoke condition. Co.'s overhauling and checking for extension. PWH. [EAN100]. 8:18p.m.
· Update - NEPTUNE TWP. (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm at 423 Myrtle Ave. Fire is under control. *FINAL* [EAN100]. 8:21p.m.
· MFN: Breaking News: ASHLAND, VA: Possible Sniper Shooting - located at a Steak house on Rt-54 near I-95 (Hanover). One person has been shot in the parking lot. MO very close to the Spree Sniper. [MFN1]. 8:42p.m.
· 2nd Alarm – WOODBURY, CT: 29 Washington Ave. Reported structural fire with possible occupants trapped. M/A requested. CT3306/1062 [TAC9-C20]. 9:32p.m.
· STONEHAM, MA: MVA on Rte.93 North 1/2 mile before Montvale Ave. 1-1045C2 16 year-old female ejected with compound fx's of the arm and leg. Multiple injuries at scene. M/A from Woburn and Medford. *460.625* [TAC9-C32]. 9:52p.m.
· SWANZEY, NH: Working fire on Rte.32 & South Rd. Structure fire. M/A to work and cover. *154.43/453.0125* [TAC9-C32]. 10:34p.m.
· PROVIDENCE, RI: MVA Rt-95 S at Exit 22C. Request for Jaws by Engine 2. 1045 Code 3. *154.37* C319 [TAC9-C304]. 10:51p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for October 19, 2002 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer (email@example.com)
Youngstown FD: MVA/PIN Burlington & Oakland. Eng 3 & Squad 33 working. Car overturned. FPO/724/D703 ©
Erie, PA: MVA/PIN 20th & French. Cos: Eng 3, 6, TL 1, DC 324, EMS 45, S 20. FPO/801/D217 ©
Youngstown FD: W/F Box # 5733 @ 960 Lanterman. Cos: Eng 2, 15, 3, Lad 24, Squad 33, BN 1, 2. Lad 24 reports working fire. No size up. FPO/724/D703 ©
Sugarcreek FD (Tuscarawas): MVA/PIN on SR 93 just outside town. MLF # 3 S/C'd. Return to Aultman. NFI ATT. FPO/D703 ©
Belle Valley, PA FD (Erie): W/F 1944 Wager Rd. Cos: Eng 31, 32, 682, 683, TL 30, Lad 249, Res38cuE, Chief 360. Chief 360 reports comm'l bldg with smoke showing. FPO/D801 ©
Belle Valley, PA FD (Erie): W/F 1944 Wager Rd. Chief 360 reports oil fire with extension to duct work. Eng 442 - FAST TEAM. FPO/D801 ©
--- Pages Today: 6
--- Pages YTD: 3614
NEFNN CONNECTICUT FIRE LOG (http://www.nefnn.com)
-by Scott Harris
1329 ACW DANBURY CONN 242 White St car into gas pumps at a gas station with fire - special call additional engine
2206 W/F GROTON CONN (Sub Base Navy Housing) 5 Rhode Island Ln 2-story frame 6-unit complex - fire in (1) unit
1842 W/F WINDSOR LOCKS CONN 40 South Center St (near School St) 2.5-story frame - fire floor #1
1432 ACW NEW BRITAIN CONN 33 Rutherford St occupied 1.5-story frame - partition fire
1611 W/F NEW HAVEN CONN Box 713 opposite 153 Lloyd St - fire showing from a 2.5-story frame
1802 W/F WOODBURY CONN 1181 Main St house fire floor #2
2108 W/F ENFIELD CONN (North Thompsonville) 4 Brainard Rd house fire with civilian burn victim
2336 W/F BRIDGEPORT CONN 101 Maple St 2.5-story 30x50 frame - heavy fire all floors
1257 W/F+ STRATFORD CONN 130 Ruby Ln house fire - Engine 2 reports fire showing - special call add'l engine
2035 W/F BETHLEHEM CONN 25 Sanford Ln (off Magnolia Hill Rd) building fire
0231 2nd ALM HARTFORD CONN Box 623 270 Laurel St "Asylum Hill" 4-story brick OMD - fire in (1) apartment floor #3 with heavy smoke on 2 upper floors
2203 2nd ALM COLCHESTER CONN 769 Middletown Rd (no size up given) mutual aid tankers to the scene
1202 2nd ALM MANSFIELD CONN (Eagleville) 15 Old School House Rd house fire well involved
1542 W/F EAST HARTFORD CONN 45 Legion Dr 1-story frame dwelling - fire floor #1 extended to attached carport
1819 W/F BRIDGEPORT CONN 675 Central Ave heavy smoke showing from an apartment complex
0014 W/F MIDDLEBURY CONN on Upper Whittemore Rd house fire
1016 W/F NAUGATUCK CONN 32 Carroll Court 2.5-story frame - fire floor #2
1114 W/F+ BROOKLYN CONN (Mortlake) 15 Paradise Rd 1-story dwelling fully involved - tanker shuttle operating
1204 W/F NEW BRITAIN CONN rear of 152 Arch St garage fire
1455 W/F NEWINGTON CONN "Cedar Crest Hospital" off Russell Rd 5-story hospital style building - fire in (1) room
1812 W/F MANCHESTER CONN (8th Utilities District) "Home Depot" on Buckland Hills Dr - heavy smoke from ventilation system - special call add'l engine & truck
Putnam, Ct. Fire Department site
- Mike Kalette
Attention Fire Apparatus Buffs:
Carolinas Fire Page has two new Apparatus Galleries now on-line. Featured are rigs from northern Dare County, NC and South Carolina's upstate region.
Included are new multimedia effects not seen elsewhere: flash animations of working emergency lighting! Check it out!
If your fire department has a website and would be interested in having your fleet "rendered" with accurate depictions of rigs with warning lights activated, check out our site and drop us an email.
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(GCFN) Gold Coast Fire Network
P.O. Box 63-04 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Miami, Florida 33163 Carrier: Airtouch
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2002 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: World Of Fire Report: 10-19-02
10-20-2002, 07:53 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 10-19-02
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)