Default 5 questions + 1199a

We have recieved our 5 questions and have been asked to submit the signed 1199a. FEMA called last Thursday (10-17)with the questions. My question is to those who have been contacted and awarded, how long was it before you recieved your award package, is the five questions pretty much a for sure thing that you will be awarded.

FH Mag/.com Contributor

Nothing is a sure thing. But so far I haven't found anyone that has gotten the questions that hasn't received an award. It's "highly unlikely" that someone would receive a grant without the questions according to the rules. Being asked the 5 questions means that the 3 program directors have recommended the application for an award, and now it is going to peer review, where it "could" technically be rejected. The span from questions to announcement is from 2-6 weeks. Ours was 4. I wouldn't spend the money yet, but I'd venture to guess that you're going to be really happy in a month. Good luck.

We received our five questions on 9-24 and were funded in round 7 on Oct 15, 2002. The Web team here on firehouse.com is right when they say that FEMA will contact you on the 1st or the 15th of the month. It is highly likely that you will receive funding soon. We also received a letter from our Senater on Oct. 11, 2002. Good Luck to all of you who are still in the running. It's a GREAT feeling to know that you have accomplished someting so stringent for your department.

Default That is nice

IT is nice to see that departments are still receiving the 5 questions this late in the game. Honestly, I was under the impression that they were all done with them after the first round of awards. We are still waiting to hear from FEMA! Congratulations to those departments that won a grant, and hang in there to the rest of you that are still waiting...

Question for the group.

Has anyone that found the 1199a on their application
    received a dear john letter?

Terry
    Be Safe Out there.

Forum Member

Talking 1199a

Checked our app. today and we had the 1199a link on our app. but we still have not recieved any of the 5 ?'s or a dear john letter, is anyone else in this boat with me?
    And do i need to print this form out and mail it to them or submit it on-line to fema..
    And has anyone gotten the 1199a and not gotten the grant awarded?
    Thanks for any input!
    And good luck to those still waiting.

Backdraft 237

Yes we are in that boat with you.

Terry
    Be Safe Out there.

Default 1199a link

I just checked today, we also have the link. I don't know whether to start holding my breath, or what. I guess it is still a wait and see thing.

Personally, I think they already have the departments lined up for this next round of awards (Round 8). The curious thing now, is to verify if the 1199a link appears on everyone's application now.

Andrew

We got our 1199A update Oct. 2. Got the 5 questions last Friday, Oct. 25. Was told to be looking for our email either Nov. 15 or Dec. 1. The lady wasn't sure just exactly which day it would be. But that we would be getting

Default by the way...

Perhaps those of us that have received the link as of late will be getting the 5 questions soon.... I went back and re-read the other 5 questions thread, and have determined that until you receive the 5 questions, you have no clue what is going on.

Andrew
    Last edited by Almarante51; 10-29-2002 at 09:23 AM.

Default status page question

On our status page under Action it reads:

View Application
    Grant/Revoke Access

is this where the 1199a information would be listed????

Default Yes

You are correct, that is where the (View or Update) 1199a link would be.

Thread Information