Default Electric vehicles - Is extrication possible

Does anyone have any information on Extricating someone from an Electric vehicle. The only advice I've heard was, 'be carefull, they're carrying 220 volts'. Not much help when someones trapped and your not sure where the main power coupling is.
    We have a current copy of Holmatro's 'Rescuer's Guide to Vehicle Safety Systems', which is really usefull, but there is nothing listed for this.

I'm looking for any feedback, on extrication from Electrical Vehicles, or other Alternative Powered Vehicles, for that matter.

Just looking ahead to the future.
    Hopefully it doesn't come too soon.

There was a thread on this topic a while back. You may try doing a search. I also seem to remember Ron M covering this topic in the Firehouse Magazine. Anybody no which issue(s)?

Good Luck Finding Info!

Andy

Forum Member

Both Toyota and Honda publish books about emergency operations with hybrid vehicles. Basically, once the main power is disconnected (shut off and remove ignition key), you can disconnect the 12v power same as in standard vehicle. The high voltage stuff is easy to identify - bright orange fat cable. Avoid that cable, it will hurt for a split second... I believe you can get both guides from their web sites and/or local dealers.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

FIGJAM

Check out the archives in training zone of this site- there's a lot of info available on the hybrids....
    Luke

MembersZone Subscriber

Here is the link you may want to look at for the Hybrid (HEV) Info. http://www.firehouse.com/extrication/hybrid/

I have some other good sights too if you are interested.

JW
    "Making Sense with Common Sense"
    Motor Vehicle Rescue Consultants
    ( MVRC@comcast.net) Jordan Sr.

Thread Information