MembersZone Subscriber

Default Hello from London

Hey everyone, My name is Steve Dudeney, I am an Assistant Divisional Officer (Battalion Chief)in the London Fire Brigade. I am also a contributing Author on Firehouse.com, where I will be inputting on International Firefighting Procedures.

I have been based in the busy East End of London for most of my 15 Year Career, apart from a couple of Years training Company Officers at London's Training Centre. I spend a fair bit of time in New York looking at the differences in our Command and Firefighting Tactics and sharing inforamtion to try to establish Best Practice internationally. Look forward to chatting to you.

Stay Safe & Be Lucky, Steve.

Hi! to everyone. Hope to get some good information from here, and look forward chatting with other fire fighters.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

That's great, Steve!

I'm a voluntary firefighter in a small Polish village (3500+). I can'y wait till seeing those procedures, and I'll do my best to use those procedures to make our operations better, quicker and above all safer...

stray safe..

Witold

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Howdy

Greeting from the Midwest!

H.W. "Butch" Clor, I'm a career Captain on a small (49) man department in Central Illinois. I've been on the job almost 26 years, and serve as a captain on a combination Truck(Quint)/Rescue company. I am involved in Industrial Fire protection with the factories in our community, as well as Water/River Rescue an as a member of the County Hazardous Materials Team. In addition I am webmaster of our Department's Web page.

Stay Safe Butch
    P.S. Always looking for overseas pen pals to exchange thoughts and ideas. butchpfd@grics.net
    Stay Safe Butch

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey Steve, (OZ, Witold,Butch)

I work in Washington State (30 miles east of Seattle). I have been in the fire service for 22years and am still learning as much now as I did when I began my career. I specialize in Extrication and have a keen interest in Fireground Tactics and Technical Rescue. We have three major rivers running through out area (Not at big as the Thames chap) and we are in the Cascade Mountains. We respond to forty miles of interstate and local roadways (which is when I have gotten a lot of my experience in extrication).

London Fire Brigades:Paul Grimwood is one of my favorite technical writers for our field and done some of the best work I have read) He writes here ( http://www.firetactics.com/index.htm ) a lot. I hope to be in contact with you all in the future.

take care Bro's

fraternally, JW
    "Making Sense with Common Sense"
    Motor Vehicle Rescue Consultants
    ( MVRC@comcast.net) Jordan Sr.

MembersZone Subscriber

JW.
    Know Paul Grimwood very well. We had lunch a few weeks ago. I always like to bounce ideas off him, I feel he is one of the greats on the International Fire scene.

Thread Information