Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience

View Poll Results: Do you currently compete in an Explorer Competition?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 41.67%
  • No

2 16.67%
  • Do not have a competition nearby

4 33.33%
  • Did not know such an event existed

1 8.33%
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber fyrfyter33's Avatar

Default Fire Exploring Competition

I would like to know, how many fire explorer posts compete in an annual competition, between other posts in their area? This year, I am Assistant Chairman for the Fire Exploring Competition and Planning Committee in Cincinnati, OH. Here in Cincinnati, we have a competition every May, between approximately 17 area posts from Northern Kentucky, Southeast Indiana, and Southwest Ohio. It lasts one saturday, and the explorers find out about the events on the day of the competition. We do have a skills list which tells the posts, what they need to know for competition. There are 7-8 events in total covering a variety of topics, and trophies are awarded based upon team rankings. I competed as an explorer in this event, before I got hired, and becmae an advisor. I was an advisor for 4 years, before moving on to this current role. If anyone has any interest in this topic, or even possibly in competing, post here, and I will contact you. All interested posts, must be registered under the Boy Scouts of America, in order to compete.

Thanks!

Forum Member

I'm not in an explorer post, and the juniors don't compete in anything. It would probably be pretty difficult to do something nationally unless you live close to where it is being held, but it sounds like it would be fun locally.
    Any statements I have made are my statements, and my statements alone.

we only have a competion in the summer time.
    never forget 343 FDNY
    in memory of 40 ENGINE/35 TRUCK
    normal people spend their life's avoiding intense situations.....a fireman's life is an intence situation.

Lightbulb

On my post we will compete with other local fire departments in musters around our surrounding townswe are also going to send a team down to the national explorer conference in maryland next summer.

Matt H
    President
    ESP. 25
    Northborough Ma.

If anyone wants info on the event, let me know, and I'll PM (Private Message) ya. Any registered explorer post may compete, provided they are willing to make the hike to Cincinnati, OH for one weekend in May, and pay a small fee to help cover the costs of the trophies. We are always looking for additional posts, and had posts last year, from Dayton OH, Louisville KY, and other areas.

Default Cincinnati Fire Explorer Competition

One thing that may be of interest to Posts from Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Pennsylvania or further away... If you come to Cincinnati for our competition, we will try to find a firehouse here in town for you to stay for the night. Many of our departments have opened their doors in the past and are willing to do it again. Feel free to contact me or fyrfyter33 and we'll get you the needed information. Also, we'd be happy to share with you our skills list. Just ask.

If you want to see pictures from last years' competition, check out the following website:

http://members.tripod.com/cliftysixcadets/id49.htm

ekimmedic1:
    Thanks for posting, I kinda forgot about sharing the stations with guests, in all my work on planning this years competition. Are you guys gonna come for the competition this year? We are moving it to another location in Coney Island which will hopefully give us everything we need to get everything workable, and keep everyone happy.

Thread Information