Thread: sick of spam

Thumbs down sick of spam

Web Team maybe you can do something about your advertising company. They are filling my email with SPAM. They are pushing your website membership program. I replied to one of their messages that I was upset over this practice and wanted to be removed from their mailing list. This only brought on another email. I would hate to add their addy to my spam block but if forced to do this I will. I thought you guys ran a professional web site and if I wanted to join the membership I would. I don't need constant reminders in my inbox, god knows there are enough of them here!
    Thank you for you time.

Administrator

pahoseboy

We're not sure what you are referring to. We don't send SPAM and the only promotional messages you might get are if you are on a Promogram mailing list, which you can opt-out of at any time by clicking the 'manage subscriptions' link from the bottom of any e-mail.

You can also enter your email address in the 'e-alerts' box on the front page and see if you are subscribed to any list. If you're not in there, its not coming from us.

WebTeam

Forum Member

BULL! I get the same kin of crap, and I have NEVER signed any such list.
    I have also opted out the way you describe. I do not wish to recieve ANY THING out side of notifications from this board. Your attention to my request is appreciated.
    I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
    "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

MembersZone Subscriber

Sorry webteam, I have the same experience.

Have tried to opt-out at the bottom of the emails and still get the spam.

Just went to the e-mail alert on the home page to reset my preferences.

Mike Ward
    Last edited by Mward0; 11-01-2002 at 03:11 PM.

Administrator

If its coming from us, it wouldnt have an opt-out link, it would have a 'preference center' link which takes you to a branded Firehouse.com page that provides a list of the e-mail alerts you are currently subscribed.

1835: You have been removed from the Promogram list, the only list you were on. We do not show you attempted to change that recently by using the opt-out preference center link since your information there was not updated. If you followed the Preference Center link and unchecked yourself previously, you would not appear there unless someone else (not us) entered your email again.

Mward0: We don't show the email address in your profile selected to receive any e-mails from us. So if you already took care of that in your profile, you should be all set.

pahoseboy: Your email address is not, and was not, in our system (the Netscape email address)

Again, unless it comes from Firehouse.com and the return address is Firehouse.com ... it didn't come from us.

If you follow the Preference Center link from any email, or the e-mail alerts box on the home page, enter your email address, it will show you what you are, and aern't, signed up for. It removes you immediately if you uncheck a specific box. And then a 'Thanks for Updating ...' message comes up. If its coming in some other way, its not coming from us.

Again, we value your loyalty, privacy and information. Once you opt-out through the alerts preference center, you would not receive another email (other than registration related if you are a registered user) from us.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Forum Member

Thank you.
    I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
    "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

Webteam,

I have the same problem and I have never asked to be on the list for anything but thread notifications and news. I constantly get the promogram thing.

Additionally I have been getting email that is still fire related, mostly to purchase things (like 15 mails a day for the same flashlight), but not from your site. I have to wonder, as I haven't subscribed to any of them, if someone hasn't either sold you list, or hacked it.

There is a link at the bottom of the mails to unsubscribe as well as manage FH mail.
    Click here to manage your Firehouse.com subscriptions

This message was sent by Firehouse.com using ReachMail. Read our Privacy Policy.

You can choose to not receive further mailings by clicking on the link above. If you have trouble with this link, simply forward this message to remove@publishingdynamics.com and we will promptly remove you. ReachMail does not tolerate spam. If you feel that you have received this message in error, please email abuse@publishingdynamics.com.
    Would you mind please checking with this publishing company to ensure that your list has not and is not being sold.

Administrator

First, we do not sell our list to anyone nor flood anyone's email box with Spam.

At ANY time you can remove yourself permanently from ANY list that comes from us by using the 'Click here to manage your Firehouse.com subscriptions'. Just follow the link and REMOVE yourself from any list you no longer wish to receieve.

We send:

- NewsDay / Once a Day with Headlines
    - Promogram / 2-3 Times a Week
    - LODD Alerts / As Needed
    - Funding Alerts / As Needed
    - Terrorism News Alerts / As Needed
    - Training News Alerts / As Needed

Again, anyone can remove themselves from any list at any time.

Temptaker, if you are complaining about constantly receiving 'X' list but seem to know the opt-out mechanism, please use it.

If you are receiving other emails, fire related or otherwise, it isn't from us, the lists aern't hacked or stolen. If your email address is ANYWHERE on the web, including with your profile in the forums, has ever been posted in the forums, etc. ANY number of services could pluck it off and use it as they please.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Thread Information