Thread: tech rescue

Lightbulb tech rescue

I like many explorers am into tech rescue,(high angle, con-space)does your department have a technical rescue team and do you get to train with them. i know some departments have competitions in confined space rescue and i would like to see an explorer event come out of that.

MembersZone Subscriber

That would be fun, but as an explorer event would be very difficult to judge. A team taht does aconfined space rescue in 20 minutes and a team that does one in 30 minutes, may both be doing a good job, just one has opted to do it one way and one has opted to do it another. Not to mention, the fact that a confined space rescue can easily use up 20-30 people for all the different positions, and most explorer posts, do not have that kind of numbers in terms of personnel.

Forum Member

our emergency medical post is going to start one do you have any tips what we need to have??
    Last edited by MedicalExplorer; 10-30-2002 at 04:39 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

What specifically are you going to try to start? PM (Private Message) me on here, and tell me what you would like to start, and I will let you know what you need.

Forum Member

We don't have a tech rescue team, but I also am interested in several of the types of specialized rescue, particularly water rescue. However, we don't have all too much water in our area, but still there is this one creek that floods very often, so I'm sure we've had a couple rescues somewhere in our history.
    Any statements I have made are my statements, and my statements alone.

Thread Information