Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Industrial Fire Training

Anyone know of a good industrial training orginization? The ones we have tried dont really apply to our type of industry. Thanks for any help.

TheFireman3963

Forum Member

What is your industry exactly? Before I started with the fire department, I was a firefighter with an oilfield firefighting and well control cpmpany. Our people went to one of three schools: Dodd/beals somewhere near Reno Nevada, Texas A&M university, and the Ansul fire training facility in Marinette, Wisconsen. The guys really enjoyed them all.

Forum Member

Sometimes the state fire training agency in your state may do this. I know in GA They have catered to our industry in the past. I would suggest contacting them also.

We are in the flexible (plastic) packaging industry. We use a variety of highly flammable inks, and many other flammable materials. The training we have recieved was ok, but one was from AmerenUE, and the other from Lamar University in Beaumont Tx. The one in Texas was more toward oil refinery fires, with no interior attacks. All of our machines are inside. The one at AmerenUE, obviously, is geared toward power plant type settings, though it did have interior attack evolutions, it is in a VERY bad part of St. Louis, and didnt really meet our needs, (not to mention the bums and bullet holes in the burn tunnel) Thanks for your info.

Thread Information