Angry

I am also a veteran of the HFD and feel that the dirty laundry being spread for the whole world to see is not appropriate. I think everyone who has responded agrees there are problems with every fire service organization. But, to try and sit here and sway people reading this that are not in Houston is absolutely unconscionable. Firewalker1, if you believe the facts speak for themselve, why are you so adimate about pointing fingers at certain people. If you are on the command staff, you yourself should be held accountable for what happened by not enforcing the SOP's. You can place the blame on every officer in the fire department, but it still falls back on the fire chief and his "staff". If you think this is an unfair statement then you should think twice before questioning the judgements made by officers on the scene.

Secondly, I know you think you are the smartest and all knowing, so why are you so afaid to identify yourself. I can honestly say that you have nobody's respect or admiration as of now anyway because you are on the command staff and back our (and I say this lightly) fire chief.

Mike
    HFD 6

MembersZone Subscriber

I wouldn't call it going down in flames. Your of the mindset that your right, we are all wrong, and nothing can change that opinion you have built up in your head. I am going to sit back and wait for the inevitable implosion that know-it-alls suffer. Next multiple in a high-rise, check your mouth at the door and meet the fire fighters on the fire floor.
    Stay low and move it in.

Be safe.

Larry

The first thing I have heard during this entire argument that I can agree with. Not all of the HFD personnel are incompetent. Wouldnít you like to at least get the ones who are not up to par up to your level or out on retirement so you can go home to your family at the end of a tour? I asked some very basic questions which individuals are side stepping. If you think you know who the source is go to the source and get an education, if you can handle it. I will remind you everything is public information. The main reason I am so defensive is contrary to belief I do have a lot of friends in HFD that feel the way I do but under peer pressure will not speak out. I want every firefighter to go home at the end of the day, healthy! Read my posting from 12 noon and answer the questions. You are either part of the problem or part of the solution. I choose to be part of the solution and you throw stones

Forum Member

Default Video Tape Request

Many posts have mentioned a video tape of this fire with a corresponding copy of the radio traffic. Is there any way I could get a copy of this controversial fire? I can be contacted via email at bscott@cityofevanston.org.

Thank You
    FF Brian Scott
    Evanston (IL) Fire Department

xxx feel that the dirty laundry being spread for the whole world to see is not appropriate.

Yeah it is best to hide what is going on so no one else can learn from it.

HFD 6 huh? So you get out of the cab walk to the drivers side rear compartment and waalla four 60 minute air packs in the high rise compartment.

XXXX I think everyone who has responded agrees there are problems with every fire service organization.

Are the others killing guys at the rate you are, too?

xxxx if you believe the facts speak for themselve, why are you so adimate about pointing fingers at certain people.

Well the Union pointed the first finger, I just thought Iíd spell it out for all of you what really happened.!

xxxx If you are on the command staff, you yourself should be held accountable for what happened by not enforcing the SOP's.

Well, you know the FD is being sued so the top brass canít speak, how nice for the UNION to then make up the NIOSH singles out staffing story. Hate to see one side of the story and a death politicized. Of course company officers, arenít to blame, individuals firefighters, safety or the district chiefs right? Seems to be top to bottom doesnít it.

xxxxx You can place the blame on every officer in the fire department, but it still falls back on the fire chief and his "staff".

Yeah it is his fault you donít wear your gear, donít where your 60ís, donít follow the rules, violate SOPs, and abandon a fire officer low on air!

So letís sweep all of this under a run and continue to whine poor me, admin is horrible, everyone hates us, 27 or 56 guys arenít enough to safely fight a fire and we are entering are 5th year without a raise.

If it is so bad QUIT!

Thumbs down Firewalker 1

Firewalker1 are you Mike Herman? and if so what makes someone that spent only six months on a fifetruch such an expert?

T. Spradlin
    Captain
    21 Years
    Houston Fire Department
    Never forget Jay 10-13-01

Administrator

Since this has turned into a somewhat anonymous back and forth personal battle, we have closed this topic.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Thread Information