Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Blue Light Available-Cheap

Does anyone have any use for a beacon type blue light for their vehicle? I happen to have one available-cheap, that I will have no use for, thanks to being screwed over by my home county as a "reward"
    for answering the President's call for volunteers after 9-11. It is functional and works. I am so disillusioned that I am wondering if my community even has any use for me at all, which is why I am making this item available, and getting ready for a possible household liquidation sale so I might leave this community and go where I might be of value to some other community . After a year, I cannot help but feel very discouraged and almost useless. That, too is why I am making this blue light available. Cheap. The first Twenty and fiver would take it, including shipping. If George W. were to ask me why I did not volunteer, he would get a piece of my mind that would border on a scream fest. All I wanted to do was to serve my community. Is that not too much to ask?
    Jim Mancuso

Temporarily/No Longer Active Oushore's Avatar

Lightbulb

After all that.... You never said why you couldn't volunteer..................... .............................. .............................. ....

You cannot volunteer Because:______________________ ______________.

MembersZone Subscriber

In other words, you jumped the job in NYC and freelanced. And somebody had the gall to hold you accountable for your actions and now you are taking your ball and going home. How'd I do?

Well look at that. I think that GeorgeWendtCFI hit the nail on the head. Sounds like someone took advantage of a situation. Personally I was called into work so I did not have a choice. It is great that you wanted to help but you got caught doing something you were not supposed to be doing it sounds like. Sh*t happens. Next time do not get caught.

Unhappy Now, now, George, let's do some research, huh?

If you look at the bottom of a person's posts, there is a button, that reads "SEARCH" and if you put your mouse on that, and click, you can see the other person's posts, and read an excerpt of them. It also lets you read the entire post if you desire. RangerJim was involved in an MVA and was only cleared for administrative duties due to physical problems. So, no, this isn't a case of freelancing in NYC. This is a case of a man who wanted to help his community, but physically cannot be cleared to join his local VFD. Why do you have to be so negative lately, George? I knew the situation with RangerJim, as I have responded to him in the past. But, instead of taking a couple of minutes to check facts, you blast at the guy like he is scum. Let's check the hostility at the door, George.
    "Illigitimi Non Carborundum"

"The views expressed by me are solely my own, and in no way reflect the views of any organization which I belong to."

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: Now, now, George, let's do some research, huh?

Originally posted by latigo
    If you look at the bottom of a person's posts, there is a button, that reads "SEARCH" and if you put your mouse on that, and click, you can see the other person's posts, and read an excerpt of them. It also lets you read the entire post if you desire. RangerJim was involved in an MVA and was only cleared for administrative duties due to physical problems. So, no, this isn't a case of freelancing in NYC. This is a case of a man who wanted to help his community, but physically cannot be cleared to join his local VFD. Why do you have to be so negative lately, George? I knew the situation with RangerJim, as I have responded to him in the past. But, instead of taking a couple of minutes to check facts, you blast at the guy like he is scum. Let's check the hostility at the door, George.
    Let me take a moment to see if I care what you think of me............................ ..................NOPE!

Yeah, I got the circumstances wrong. But you know what? I wish I was physically fit enough to play for the Rangers, but I'm not. I find some other outlet for my love of hockey.

If this guy wants to volunteer so bad, here's a news flash, there are other ways to volunteer out there besides fighting fire. How about teaching a child to read? How about teaching a senior citizen how to use a computer? How about rocking babies in the NICU? Answer the Pres.'s call in some other, less physically demanding way and stop moaning about it.

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

Talking Re: Re: Now, now, George, let's do some research, huh?

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI

I wish I was physically fit enough to play for the Rangers, but I'm not. I find some other outlet for my love of hockey.

Let's face it George....the way the Rangers are playing, you might want to reconsider. They could use someone of your talents.

Someone needs to investigate why there's no fire on that team.

______________________________ _______

Seriously...RangerJim, you should or could have been a LOT more specific with the information in your post. I'd like to know WHY/HOW you feel you are getting screwed. I just can not make any judgement from the info you posted. As George said....there are other ways to serve your community. Whining about "getting screwed by the county" isn't going to get any sympathy from me....considering the lack of facts relative to the issue. How am I to judge either way? Did they think you were a liability issue? A safety issue? Unable to perform requisite functions? Give us something to work with here.
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Let's face it George....the way the Rangers are playing, you might want to reconsider. They could use someone of your talents.

Someone needs to investigate why there's no fire on that team.
    Yeah, Trottier called the other day, but I am holding out for $4 million per. The problem is plain and simple...they get paid if they play hard for 60 minutes or not.

Default There are other ways...

Rangerjim did have or is involved in a bad situation -- medically speaking -- But George Wendt is right I think....Ranger you can answer the presidents call in other ways to Volunteer for this country that are not as physically demanding as fighting fires. There are duties with in the Fire Service that need to be done -- where as you can be an admin. assistiant to the chief, communications person, associate member of the company, or whatever. We have a guy in our company that was injured in a jet ski accident years ago...Before his accident he was a full able bodied firefighter now he's still a member - walks with a cane but he drives for us and will jump in and help change bottles and stuff like that.

So what Ranger you can't use your Blue-Light ---- Oh Well. You can participate though if you just look between the hostility and your emotions and see that in the end cooler heads will prevale.

George W. ---- As far as the Rangers go.....I SAY GO FLYERS !!! Ha Ha

Yeah I'm a Philly Boy
    Stratford Fire Company # 1
    New Jersey State Firemen's Convention Champions - 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000

MembersZone Subscriber

funny, the thread started out as something for sale and no one ever asked about the light like the model or what have you....just an observaton...

Permanently Removed

Funny, I used to think that George might have some idea and a bit of a clue as to what he was talking about. But after this last attack he has lost all credibility. He is obviuosly a ranting raving crothety old man who just likes to tick people off.

At least from now on I will know enough to ignore the remarks of a mad man.

HNFC FF/President mdoddsjffhnfc's Avatar

Default Re: There are other ways...

Originally posted by RES13CUE
    George W. ---- As far as the Rangers go.....I SAY GO FLYERS !!! Ha Ha

Yeah I'm a Philly Boy

Amen RES13CUE, GO FLYERS!!! Stanley Cup Champs this year!

As far as the post in concerned, just trying to be a firefighter that actually fights fire and saves people isn't the only thing to do in a Fire Dept. My dad is in his upper 40's and is overweight, but he's been with the company for 33 years. Started out as a Junior FF at 15 and became FF1 cert at 18; was a pac man for 3 years, and then became engineer cert at 21 and has driven ever since. He can't fight fire in the building, but he can drive/operate pump/change bottles/etc...

Dont give up on being a volunteer. Volunteering your time for something like this is great. Just like there are 212 Ways to be a soldier in the U.S. Army, there are many ways to be a FF in the VFD.
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

MembersZone Subscriber

>>George W. ---- As far as the Rangers go.....I SAY GO FLYERS !!! Ha Ha Yeah I'm a Philly Boy.

Amen RES13CUE, GO FLYERS!!! Stanley Cup Champs this year! <<

I think until the NYR begin to play like the team they are, I will limit my hockey talk. Right now, I am not envisioning a parade down the Canyon of Heroes in June.

Aw, cd, please give me another chance. I won't be able to sleep if YOU ignore me.

MembersZone Subscriber

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZ

Thread Information