Forum Member

Default But he got IN on BAD behavior!

Read this guy's rap sheet, then try to contain your amazement that he only had to do eight years. I especially enjoy the irony of the last sentence.
    -------

Frankfort Arsonist Paroled

Ted Spiegel, the man who pleaded guilty to starting a fire that destroyed part of the Franklin County Courthouse, is now out on parole.

Franklin County Circuit Court records show Spiegel served eight years of a 23-year sentence before being released on parole Monday. Spiegel had pleaded guilty to starting the 1994 fire.

Spiegel, now 28, was accused of starting the fire in an attempt to hide his criminal records. The fire destroyed written records of DUI offenses in Franklin District Court as well as other documents. Spiegel was also charged with setting fire to the Franklin County High School Field House on the same day of the courthouse fire.

In addition to serving time at the Kentucky State Penitentiary in Eddyville for arson, Spiegel was imprisoned for six counts of third-degree burglary, trafficking in a controlled substance near a school, theft by unlawful taking over $300, second-degree unlawful transaction with a minor and possession of a handgun by a convicted felon.

Spiegel was originally indicted for burglarizing a number of Franklin County businesses as many as 65 times. Spiegel's request for parole was denied three times previously by the parole board before his request was granted at his fourth meeting before the board in September.

The parole board said he was released for good conduct.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Yep... there's America's judicial system for ya.

iceman4442
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

Yep, and I bet he torched the school to cover up his "permanent record!"

Further proof why some species eat their young, and maybe others should consider it!

Thread Information