Thumbs up Firefighter training

Anybodyelse sign up for those internet courses advertized on the front page of this site ? Our department has signed up and we love the courses. They are very professional and even give us skills sheets to practice with. We have saved alot of money on our training budget also. I just wanted to know if anyone else out there was using the system and what they think of it.

Are you refering to Firelearn.com?

I contacted them about the courses, and I also contacted the Illinois Fire Marshalls office about them. They said that the courses look like they would satisfy the classroom portion of the Firefighter II rating, but it would be up to the individual FD to decide whether or not to accept it as valid training. Either way, the more training and information you have, the better off you are... but unfortunately, I'm not in a financial position to spend money like that unless it's going to count towards a job.

Glad to hear they're working out for you though!
    Last edited by Ratchet; 11-05-2002 at 09:35 PM.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Smile Why spend money?..........

Here in Maryland, training is provided by the best fire/rescue training group anywhere(in my opinion) the Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute, a part of the University of Maryland. And the good news, all training is referenced to the appropriate NFPA standards, acceptable to the National Pro Board, AND IT'S FREE........Stay Safe....
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Thread Information