MembersZone Subscriber

Default used or refurbished TICs

Just sitting here on duty on what has turned into a very slow day and I was wondering if anybody knows of a place to sell Used or Refurbished TIC. God knows they sell everything else used and refurbished. Its just an idea to help out the smaller and poorer departments.

Forum Member

TIC's are still kind of new so I don't think there would be too many companies turning them over yet.

Try www.helpingourown.com If anyone has one they should.

If you're really in need of one and can't afford it why don't you try to get your local civic organizations, Lions, Rotary, Exchange, Kiwanis, Women's Club, etc, to get together to help raise the money. They are always looking for community activities to get involved with so ask to attend a meeting and present your case to them.

Not to push one brand, we have a Scott, but Bullard's web site has a lot of great information on setting up a community fund drive. They are at www.thermalimager.com

Good luck.
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
    Volunteers are never "off duty".
    http://www.bufd7.org

MembersZone Subscriber

Not really looking into it for my dept. My Paid dept has 2 now and is getting the 3rd in a month or so. We only run out of 3 stations so this would put one on each 1st in engine. Its just an idea I have been throwing around in my head for awhile to help out struggling depts. Between that and my opening of an Emergency Services themed bar and grill type place. Just gotta find me some backers for that idea.

Thread Information