Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Exclamation Firefighters/ Junior Firefighters

Gentlemen and Gentleladies,
    I am probably fizing to step on a couple of toes, and make some people mad at me, but that is quite alright, freedom of speech right? First off I am not trying to intentionaly make anybody mad at me, or make any enemies, but I see something that really bothers me that I feel needs addressing. I am new to posting on these forums, but I have been doing a lot of reading for awhile and I have noticed certain things. First off I notice that there are some career Firefighters that seem to be bashing the Jrs, no matter what the Jr. is doing or saying, they seem to have a passion for nailing the Jr. There is also some Jr Firefighters that think they are the bomb obviously, and are disrespectful, and only fuel the career guys fire against them. I understand sometimes that maybe this career firefighter might just be trying to impart some of his knowledge on to the jr, but by bashing and criticizing is not the way that it will get done. I used to be a jr ff, and I know that the ones that meant the most to me were the ones willing to take time out and show me what I was doing wrong, and not criticize me for everything that I did wrong. Jrs, you need to start respecting the career fellows, and appreciating their knowledge, and career fellows, you need to change the way you are treating and talking to the jrs, they are the next generation of firefighters, if you run them off, and make them quit, who will fight fire? Also THIS IS THE JUNIORS FORUM, IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT THEY SAY, DON'T COME HERE! (The same goes for the Juniors, stay out of the other forums if you don't like what they are saying.) I genuinly hope I have not made everybody mad at me, but this is how I feel. Stay safe fellows, junior and career!

MembersZone Subscriber fyrfyter33's Avatar

I am in total agreement with this. No one should shoot anyone else down because of their views/ideas/etc. If everyone learned what was going on, and didn't hammer one another, things would be much nicer.

I also agree. I see things from both side, i am a fire fighter for a volunteer department and an explorer for another department.This is a jrff/explorer forum area.Its a great way for us to "talk shop", learn what other explorers are doing and maybe get ideas for our own posts.I was also taught that in the fire service we are all brothers, i dont think brothers cut eachother down, that goes for big brothers to little ones and vice versa. Lets keep it friendly in here.
    never forget 343 FDNY
    in memory of 40 ENGINE/35 TRUCK
    normal people spend their life's avoiding intense situations.....a fireman's life is an intence situation.

Yeah, we Jrs/explorers are just trying to have a discission amongst our selves. i really do appreciate the help the older, more experienced FFs bring, but dont start dissin us.

PS Kparker, what part of Fl are you from?? I am over on the Space Coast
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Lightbulb

I am a Junior, and I have never been "bashed" by anyone. I really don't think this issuse has anything to do with "career," or not. Plain and simple, there are alot of juniors/explorers that don't know when to keep their mouth shut, and ruin it for the rest of us. If you want the Crusties to respect you, you earn it...just like in a real department. Threads such as this one won't help that. Sorry...

Forum Member

Smile

BLS Boy, I am in the glorious Panhandle, north of Panama City Beach...

Obviously we all have opinions, I am certainly not bashing the career/vol/older more experienced ffs. When I used the term "career" I meant simply the older, more experienced firefighters, I apologize for any of the confusion that may have caused. Threads such as this might very well be part of an answer for the problems here, to simply make everybody realize what is going on, and make everybody remember that we are a brotherhood, and that we should be using constructive criticism when we criticize. The younger ffs need to learn som respect for the older ffs, because they really do have a lot of experience to share. That's about all I am going to share this time, stay safe out there.

Thread Information