Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default New&Improved Third Watch

Who thinks that Third Watch has changed? The old episodes used to have several story lines going, that may reappear in future episodes. Now they've spent a lot of episodes on this mob thing, with almost no other stories. And next weeks show! "A man they call 'The Firestarter'". Wow! How long did it take them to come up with that name. Every episode has to have a huge fire, huge car accident, huge gun fight, etc... It's no longer about seeing some normal things. OK, I'm sure that it probably never showed the cops/ff's/paramedics real life, but now it's all things that people will see like once every couple years. But they have this stuff happen to them every week!
    Any statements I have made are my statements, and my statements alone.

Forum Member

Guess what!
    Next episode, Yokas is involved in a holdup! Now what are the odds of her husband having a heart attack in an elevator while going to have his heart checked, during a blackout. Then she gets to go with special services to find an arsonist, then gits involved in a bank holdup!

MembersZone Subscriber

No disrespect, but it's TV. If the show is going to stay on the air, people have to watch it. And the average Joe out there wants excitment.

Johnny and Roy caught some crazy stuff too, but I still like watching it.
    Bryan Beall
    Silver City, Oklahoma USA

Default Something I've noticed....

I don't get to catch the "New and improved" show only because I work on Monday Nights but I have been catching the older episodes on A&E Network. I never really took notice to this before but recently something about this show has me wondering. Has anyone noticed that when the police get radio calls they acknowledge all transmissions with their collar mikes ? Even while riding in the car. What about the car radio or the M.D.T. which New York utilizes ?

In the Fire Station end of it if they want to be a bit more realistic they should utilize the hi-low tone FDNY uses in their houses as opposed to the buzzing claxon alarm you hear now on the show.....I never really took notice to this before but it does stand out.

EMS ? I thought FDNY EMS really didn't have anything to do with Fire that they were just a subsidary. On Third-Watch they spend down time in the station of "Squad 55 and Ladder 100"

I know it's all hollywood and supposed to be entertainment and all --- Quite frankliy I'm a fan of the show but I see little things
    Stratford Fire Company # 1
    New Jersey State Firemen's Convention Champions - 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000

Forum Member

Default Re: Something I've noticed....

Originally posted by RES13CUE
    On Third-Watch they spend down time in the station of "Squad 55 and Ladder 100"
    If they wanted realisim they'd never be in that station. I don't think those guys HAVE any downtime with their call volume.

Forum Member

Yeah, I know it's just TV. But that doesn't mean I can't like the old episodes better.

I liked the one about the school shooting. that seemed really realistic and it was a very good episode

Thread Information