Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Do You Recommend Creatine (sp?)

Do you recommend using Creatine?

I've heard of some people that have had luck with the stuff, and others that have not. Me personally, I've found that eating right (and eating a lot), drinking so much water that you pretty much pee Avion, and taking good multivitamins is working pretty well. I have not been able to break 140-lbs. since highschool. I'm 26 now, and in the past few months, I've put on 12-lbs., and I'm in better shape, and toning up pretty well. I have an extremely high metabolism, so 12-lbs. for me is quite an accomplishment.

kevinr
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

I started taking creatine (and you spelled it correctly) about 3 weeks ago. I started noticing results about 15 days into it. I have gained about 1.5 inches of muscle in my quads/hamstrings and about an inch in my arms.

Before starting it I did a bunch of research on it and found several good articles on it. You may want to search the Internet for it (I used Google).

Somethings to know. Do not keep on the program. Take it for 6-8 weeks, then stop taking it for the same amount of time, then you can start again. Be sure to do a lot of cardio work. And as mentioned before, eat correctly.

When to take it depends on you and what you want to do. I take mine the first thing in the morning. Some people take it after they work out.

I have not noticed any adverse side effects since taking it. I will say that the gain of muscle has also helped me loose weight (more muscle = more fat burned). So that is a good advantage.

Now that you have heard my story, here is the best advise I can give. Talk to your doctor and your trainer. If you don't have a trainer, talk to people who work out at the local gym. Don't look for the big buffed up guys, but the ones of "normal" size. But do see your doctor.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks. I appreciate the info. I hear the stuff can go bad, should I go with a smaller jar? How much cardio a week?

Also, I just got a George Forman Grill and my diet consists mainly of Hamburgers, Chicken, Pork, (sometimes a steak) Mac&Cheese, Corn, and cereal. I also go through about 2-3 gallons of milk a week. My matabolism is through the roof (I'm 6'1" @ 155 lbs). Any suggestions for my eating habits?

(I've talked with a doc concerning Creatine

kevinr
    Firehouse.com Guest

The creatine I have is called "Creatine Clear". It comes in single dose packets, 30 in one box. So I am not too concerned about it going bad. I figure after 60 days, I will go off of it for 60 days. How much to get depends on how much you take.

In regards to cardio, I jog about 4-5 miles 3 days a week. Plus before and after my resistance training (weights) for about 15 minutes. My weight training last about 60-85 minutes or so, 3 times a week.

It sounds like your food choice is good, and with high metabolism, it seems that you are doing good. As was told to me, as long as your calories out are less than your calories in, you will loose weight. In your case, I don't know if you want to loose any more weight, but it sounds like you want to gain muscle.

Did you doctor say anything good and/or bad about taking Creatine?

Also, I have heard mixed reviews about the Foreman Grill. What do you think of it?

Kevin

Again, I am not a doctor, just a person with an opinion.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah, I'm trying to gain weight/muscle. I fluctuate between 155-160. I have only been at 160 once as far as I can remember.

I haven't worked to much on cardio because I don't want lose more weight, but jogging is one of my favorite things to do. I'm planning on just forking out the cash and stocking up on food.

Actually, my dad is a doctor and I talked to him about this. He looked into it and said Creatine looked harmless from the reports he read. He only said to drink a lot of water. I have heard that your body will stop making Creatine when you take it. When you do stop taking it, you are "weak" for a week or so until your body starts producing enough on its own again. I plan on easing off of it unless told otherwise.

As far as the Foreman Grill, I have zero complaints. It cooks food in less then 10 min., it tastes really good, it's relatively inexpensive, and it has a non-stick surface. A college students dream machine! What negative things have you heard?

-mike

(would you mind posting/emailing me your weight training program? jedimike312@netscape.net I'd like to compare it to mine. I basically follow The Firefighters Workout Book, but I've added more excercises. I usually spend 1 1/2 hours on it.)

kevinr
    Firehouse.com Guest

Well you will gain muscle with creatine. The cardio work is mainly to prevent you from gaining fat. I know that the down side to jogging/running is that it breaks down some muscle. I have not noticed that on me, but then again, I am not a marathon runner.

I did not read anything about the body stopping to create its own supply of creatine nor about being weak after stopping taking it. But I will keep that in mind.

Regarding the Foreman grill, the biggest complaint that I heard was that it is hard to clean. The best time to clean it is after you use it when it is still warm, but then the food starts to get cold. The other complaint was that it was too small for what they wanted to cook. But I think that can be solved with getting a bigger grill.

I am going out of town for the weekend, but will write out my workout routine and send it to you when I get back.

Thread Information