Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324

Angry

Not in the least. I love the suds, I just do it responsibly.
    After I lost two of my good friends in the line of duty in 1999, I turned to alcohol to ease my pain. I went on a binge for about three months. I know full well the affects of alcohol and can say definatively that NO ONE should respond after alcohol consumption.
    I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
    "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Default One last shot; so to speak.

cdevoe:
    I was prepared to post a long one. Nice crack about my eighth grade education. No matter how hard you try to impress me, we can never be friends.
    So before the lock is put on this one, I have just one more question for you:WHICH FINGER AM I HOLDING UP FOR YOU RIGHT NOW?

"I usually have a problem with those types of summits. We have had them here at my place of employment."

Translation: Since your summit did not say anything in my favor, I will attack its validity.

I swear, I'm gonna need methadone to stave off the DT's when I quit this thread.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.Ē
    --General James Mattis, USMC

MembersZone Subscriber

Yo beer boy;

I do notice that you and Chief both live out there in the Bible belt. I wonder if that has influneced your opinions in here in any way.
    What does this mean? You are walking down a dangerous road, genius.

Permanently Removed

Translation: Since your summit did not say anything in my favor, I will attack its validity.
    Not at all. It is what happens in the US congress. All the rich boys and girls get up and pretend to know what the poor people want.

Getting a bunch of supervisors together to talk about the current state of things ignores the workers on the floor. These folks typically don't complain or speak up beacuse they feel it won't change anything. The guy that does speak out against management and their policies usually ends up in the dog house. I have first hand experience at this.

We had a major reorganization. I listened to "workers" and their complaints. I put it all together and took it to the managers. I became the bad guy simply for speaking the truth. You would think I would learn. Instead I stll go around speaking my opinion. God I love this country. In Iraq, I would have been shot by now.

Talking Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

6 pack of beer- $5

Gas to drive to Call drunk- $.45

Cost of settlement in civil suit- $1.8 million

One way plane ticket to Iraq- PRICELESS!!!

At least I think I'm funny!!

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

Default I see a pattern.

So they don't like his smart *** comments and opinions at work and we don't like them here; I suppose in cdevoe's world, everyone else has the problem.
    I would guess that cdevoe's company is run by people with eighth grade educations and he just can't relate to that.
    Or maybe he doesn't have anything worth hearing.
    In Dr. Stephen Covey's new book, "I Forgot Habit #8 for Highly Efficient People", Dr. Covey discusses the "Eddie Haskell" syndrome. If you recall, "Leave it to Beaver" was set in Mayfield. Can you guess who has the "Eddie Haskell" syndrome? And of course, Eddie got along well with others, didn't he? He was always bucking authority and figured all's he had to do was throw out a sideways compliment and everything was cool.
    Well Eddie; I am going to go visit Gus the Fireman. See you in the funny papers.

Permanently Removed

To the following: 1835Wayne, GeorgeWendtCFI, EastKyFF, ChiefReason.

You remind me of some of the guys in our Department. Issues will come up about procedures. The membership discusses it and we come to a decison. Inevitably, there will be 2 discussions after the meeting, with the competing factions getting together. Some guys don't have the ability to get it over. I voice my opinions, if it goes the other way Oh Well. If somone had an opposing opinion, I listen and accept it. I don't get all P.O.ed because some disagrees with me. They are entitled to their opinion.

Case in point. We got a new pumper/tanker. The debate was should we continue to roll our old first attack truck first and this one second. Or should we roll the new truck first and the old one second. I was in favor of rolling the new truck first for various reasons. The chief made the final decsion and said we would roll the old truck first. I don't agree, but I don't let it bother me either. That was a month ago. I haven't seen a couple of the guys since that night. The one assistant chief who was in favor of rolling the new truck first didn't run for the office again. In essence he resigned. Was it because of this? Only he knows.

Point is, just because someone disagrees with you on one issue doesn't mean he can't do a good job or that he disagrees with you on everything. You fellas really need to look at the whole person, rather than one aspect.

Permanently Removed

Chief, are you refering to "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey. If so, let me pull my copy out tonight and take a look at it.

MembersZone Subscriber jaybird210's Avatar
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

Thumbs down

WEBTEAM---

Please, please, PLEASE, I beseech you will all my heart, please terminate this thread.

It has served nothing in the last fifteen pages except been a bickering match between basically one people and thirty or so others.

I am not asking you to ban devoe. I am not asking you to squash any ideas. Please, end this thing so we might be able to devote time and energy to topics where something might get resolved or taught.

Thank you.

P.S. Please see the thread on the petition to end this thing. Please feel free to vaporize it, also, if you end this one.

Again, many thanks.
    Jay
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Default You missed the humor, beer boy.

cdevoe:
    I am the final arbitrator on our fire department, so we don't have those little ****ing matches. We have regular officer meetings, so everyone is on the same page and when it goes to the floor, it is a unified front. Everyone gets their say, but when the decision is made, it doesn't matter if they disagree or not. They still support the final decision 100%.

You never answered my question. What firefighter certifications do you currently hold? And just for the heck of it, how many training hours a year do you average?
    Be honest or your nose will grow.

Thirty-two page of beer on the fourms...thirty two pages of beer..take one down pass it around ...thirty two pages of beer on the fourms!........GOD please help me I just can't take it any more
    IACOJ Membership 2002
    {15}

Mike IAFF

The beatings will continue until the morale improves

Permanently Removed

The chief in our department has the final say also. He looks for input, evaluate it , and makes a decsion, He realizes he doesn't know it all and that often others will have a better idea. I have heard a couple of the members complain that he doesn't really listen. He will bring things up with a decision in mind. I guess they are saying he has already made the decision, he is just looking for supprot for that decsion. I go with what the chief says, doesn't matter if I agree or not. To function as a team, we need to all be working on the same sheet of music.

You never answered my question.
    What firefighter certifications do you currently hold? I have FF1 and FF2 as well as a CFR.
    And just for the heck of it, how many training hours a year do you average? I try to make at least 2 of the 3 training session each month. At 3 hours a piece that is 6 hours per month or 72 hours per year. Then there are a couple of Saturday sessions for Bloodbourne Pathogens and such. So at the station I will say 80 hours per year. Next there is the formal training I am getting. This year that amounts to around 100 hours. To complete the picture I think it is important to say that I spend 5 days a week leaving the house at 5:30 and getting home at 17:30 (12 hours a day) for my professional career.

Be honest or your nose will grow. He He, the wife likes it when my nose grows!!!

Originally posted by cdevoe
    So how do you define when a person has been drinking and when they have not?
    OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay Safe

I do have one question though. I gave a proposed solution and no one commented on it.
    Here is where you confuse us. Your solution is to give everyone a personal BAC to use each time the pager goes off. Aren't you the same one that said you personally don't believe in the BAC being an accurate gauge of intoxication? Your own statements disagree with your own statements.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Originally posted by Ltmdepas3280
    Thirty-two page of beer on the fourms...thirty two pages of beer..take one down pass it around ...thirty two pages of beer on the fourms!........GOD please help me I just can't take it any more
    IACOJ Membership 2002
    {15}

Mike IAFF

The beatings will continue until the morale improves

Permanently Removed

Aren't you the same one that said you personally don't believe in the BAC being an accurate gauge of intoxication? Your own statements disagree with your own statements.
    That's right, I don't believe BAC is a good measure for how intoxicated a person is. It is the generally accepted standrd though, so use it. I also don't agree with mandatory seat belt usage. But since it is the law, I use it. I can choose to disagree with laws, procedures, and concepts. Just because I think the rule is wrong doesn't mean I don't play by the rules.

MembersZone Subscriber mtnfireguy's Avatar

Make it stop Mommy...... please make it stop
    Buckle Up, Slow Down, Arrive Alive
    "Everybody Goes Home"

IACOJ 2003

Unhappy

All this crap just to say it is the law and I will follow it????????? OMG!! I give up!!! Have a beer and go to a call then!!

He's worse than the politicians!!!!

Thread Information