(Philadelphia-AP) -- Fire investigators say a faulty electric
cord caused the fire that killed a nurse and her 12-year-old
daughter.
The rowhouse fire last night in North Philadelphia has taken the
lives of 30-year-old Olinga Burgess and her daughter Ashley.
Friends and relatives say Olinga Burgess was a registered nurse
who worked in the operating room at Saint Joseph's Hospital, while
sending her daughter to parochial school.
Fire officials say the fire started on the first floor when an
extension cord that ran behind a couch overheated.

(Copyright 2002 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)