Thread: World Of Fire Report: 11-11-02
11-13-2002, 10:53 PM #1
World Of Fire Report: 11-11-02
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Monday, November 11, 2002
· SPRINGFIELD, MA: Working fire at 4 Darwell St. 2.5-story wood frame occupied dwelling. Rear of the building heavily involved. Possible victim trapped on the 2nd floor. *154.175* [TAC9-C09]. 12:36a.m.
· 2nd Alarm – HARTFORD, CT: 208 Magnolia Street. Reported heavy fire on the upper floors of a 3-story wood frame structure. DWH. *154.3100/800* [TAC9-C20]. 3:14a.m.
· 2nd Alarm – DOVER, NH: 46 Back River Road. Reported heavy fire on the #2-floor of a 2.5-story wood frame dwelling. *153.9500* C603 [TAC9-C20]. 3:34a.m.
· BALTIMORE, MD: 2nd Alarm - Box T15-3 at 1814 N. Chester St. BC2 reports vacant 2-story brick middle of group – fully involved - fire thru roof with extension both ways. [DC15]. 4:22a.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Box T15-3: 2nd Alarm b/o BC2 at 1814 N. Chester. 2-story middle of group with extension sides 2 & 4. 2 injured Firefighters. 3rd Medic requested. Partial collapse of fire building - side 2 at risk. OPS-3. [MFN CHAPLAIN 1]. 4:57a.m.
· UNION BEACH (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: *Second Alarm* 912-914 Second St. Working structure fire. M/A to the scene. Request for FAST Team per command. [EAN700]. 5:14a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: STLFD has responded to the Mark Twain Hotel, 205 N.9th, Rm238. Sprinkler activated. Civilian with 2nd degree burns to mostly their legs & 1 civilian having a seizure. [STL899]. 5:54a.m.
· MADISON, NH: Working fire on Rte.41 "The International Paper Corp." Structure fire with heavy smoke showing. M/A to work and cover. *154.175* C101 [TAC9-C32]. 6:18a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS, MO: Update - STLFD's incident @ The Mark Twain Hotel, 205 N.9th, Rm238. x Pine/Olive. FIU-821 has responded due to an intentionally set fire. Medic Unit transported patient to hospital. [STL899]. 6:20a.m.
· WASHINGTON, DC: 2nd Alarm - had fire in attics of 1721, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31 11th St. NW. All 2-story row dwellings. Bulk of fire now knocked down. Still opening up pockets of fire. Searches negative. [DC2]. 7:05a.m.
· QUEENS NY **2nd Alarm** Box 4796 at 134-03 Rockaway Blvd @ 134 St. Fire top floor of an occupied multiple dwelling. Size up to follow. (MNS-30*IAP) * 7:26a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 4796 at 134-03 Rockaway Blvd @ 134 St. Fire upper floors/roof. No size up. 1 (10-45 Code-2 critical injury). L133 to work. S/C L127 as new FAST Truck. DIV-13 I/C. (MNS-30*IAP) * 7:37a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 4796 at 123-03 Rockaway Blvd @ 134 St. 2-brick 50x200 occupied multiple dwelling with fire top floor. 1 (10-45 Code-2 critical injury). All visible fire knocked down. Primary search underway. DWH. DIV-13 I/C. (MNS-30*IAP) * 7:50a.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 4796 at 134-03 Rockaway Blvd @ 134 St. 2-story brick 50x100 occupied multiple dwelling with fire top floor. 1 (10-45 Code-2 critical injury). Primary search negative 1st floor. Searches under way on the 2nd floor. PWH b/o DIV-13 I/C. (MNS-30*IAP) * 8:06a.m.
· QUEENS, NY: **2nd Alarm** Box 4796 at 134-03 Rockaway Blvd. Fire in a 2-story brick on the corner. Main body of fire is knocked down. 1-1045 Code2. CPR was in progress. Fire remains doubtful. [EAN388]. 8:18a.m.
· MOSSY GROVE, TN: Tornadoes across the US overnight caused lots of damage, media reports 10 killed in AL, 5 in OH, 16 in TN. Mossy Grove TN (40 miles W. of Knoxville) has 7 dead & 45 missing. [HNAN/BillD]. 8:50a.m.
· STLFN: BELLEVILLE (ST.CLAIR Co.), IL: Belleville FD is on scene smoke in an Apartment building at 1013 Royal Heights Rd. They have a gas line on fire on a stove in Apt G. The gas is being shut off at this time. Illinois Power Gas division notified. [STL997]. 10:20a.m.
· EXETER, NH: Gas line break area of 97 Alumni Drive. Request for the Air Supply Unit. M/A to cover. *154.400* [TAC9-C32]. 11:24a.m.
· STLFN: ST.CLAIR Co., IL: Caseyville FD is on scene of a garage fire at #5 Wynell St. Original call was for a yard fire. They have a garage fully involved. Hollywood Heights FD is responding Mutual Aid. [STL997]. 11:58a.m.
· LINCOLN, RI: Working fire at 4 Thomas Drive Structure fire. S/C Rescue 2 to the scene. *154.16* [TAC9-C32]. 12:04p.m.
· Update – LINCOLN, RI: Working fire at 4 Thomas Drive. Fire in a 2-story wood frame 25x40. They had heavy fire on floor 2 and thru the roof. All heavy fire knock down – PWH. *154.160* [TAC9-C319]. 1:02p.m.
· STLFN: ST. CLAIR Co., IL: Update on Caseyville FD’s fully involved garage fire @ #5 Wynell Ct. Fire was in a detached 1 car garage. Heavy fire throughout the garage. French Village FD and State Park FD also responded M/A. Fairview Heights FD moved up to French Village FD’s Engine House # 1. Fire is now under control & Co.'s are all in service. *FINAL* (STL 835 @ SCENE/STL 997). 1:37p.m.
· STLFN: BREEZE (CLINTON Co., IL: Breeze FD is on scene of a trailer fire @ 745 N.1st St. Fire is in the kitchen. Smoke showing on arrival. (STL 835). 3:05p.m.
· STLFN: CAHOKIA (ST.CLAIR Co.), IL: Cahokia FD is on scene of a *MVA* with a subject trapped and lives wires on the car @ 3300 Mississippi Ave. Prairie DuPont and Sauget FD responded M/A. Camp Jackson FD is moving up. UE responded to the scene. (STL 835). 3:08p.m.
· STLFN: WEINGARTEN (ST.GENEVIEVE Co.), MO: Zale FD on scene of a *MVA* with entrapment on Hwy 32 @ the Weingarten KC Hall. Extrication is needed. Bloomsdale FD responded M/A. (STL 835). 3:16p.m.
· STLFN: WEINGARTEN (ST. GENEVIEVE Co.), MO: Update on Zale FD’s *MVA* with entrapment on Hwy 32 @ The Weingarten KC hall: ARCH Helicopter has been dispatched to the scene. (STL 835). 3:29p.m.
· KENNEBUNKPORT, ME: MVA near 257 Beach Ave. Car over the sea wall with 2 elderly persons trapped. *153.800* C603 [TAC9-C101]. 3:31p.m.
· STLFN: CAHOKIA (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Update on Cahokia FD’s *MVA* with entrapment and wires on the car: The patient has been extricated and is in care of Simmons Ambo. A tow truck was requested for the car. *FINAL* (STL 835). 3:53p.m.
· STLFN: MADISON Co., IL: Mitchell FD is on scene of a trailer fire @ The Serenity Circle Mobile Home Park, Lot 3 @ 5261 Chain Of Rocks Rd. Long Lake FD responded M/A. (STL 835). 3:56p.m.
· HAVERHILL, MA: Working fire at 42 Franklin St. Structure fire. Heavy fire floor #2. *154.3625* C31/C101 [TAC9-C32]. 6:12p.m.
· Update – HAVERHILL, MA: Working fire at 42 Franklin St. 3-story wood frame. Fire on floor #2, knocked down. Holding all Co.'s. PWH *154.3625* C31/C33/C50/C101 [TAC9-C32]. 6:20p.m.
· TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: 2nd Alarm @ 7 King Street East. Hi-rise building. Fire top floor. Heavy smoke spreading thru vent system. TFN300 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 6:36p.m.
· CHARLESTON Co., SC: **Earthquake** There has been an earthquake in Charleston County that occurred @ 1840hrs EST. Tremors felt as far away as Myrtle Beach & Columbia. Negative on major damage. Epicenter 30 miles offshore. Initial quake lasted up to 1 minute. Reports of dishes and furniture damage. Most of the low country has been affected. Possibility of aftershocks for next 24 to 48hrs. [CFP*803]. 6:50p.m.
· QUEENS, NY: 22-6241 *2nd Alarm* at 150-12 12th Ave x Clintonville St. Heavy fire in a 1-story brick commercial 75x75. D14 IC reports 1 line stretched operating. L129 FAST. Extra Engine/Truck/Tower Ladder S/C prior to the 2nd Alarm. [MNS342 IAP]. 6:51p.m.
· Update – QUEENS, NY: 22-6241 *2nd Alarm* at 150-12 12th Ave x Clintonville St. Heavy fire in a 1-story brick commercial 75x75. D14 IC reports setting up exterior operations. B46 SAFETY, B20 COMM CORD. [MNS342 IAP]. 6:55p.m.
· Final Update – QUEENS, NY: 22-6241 *2nd Alarm* at 150-12 12th Ave x Clintonville St. Heavy fire in a 1-story brick commercial 75x75. D14 IC reports all visible fire knocked down by TL's. Fire is PWH. [MNS342 IAP]. 7:08p.m.
· IRVINGTON (ESSEX Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** Springfield & Ellis Aves. Fire in basement of a 2.5- story wood frame with extension to upper floor. [EAN633 O/S EAN800/465/503]. 7:56p.m.
· Update - IRVINGTON (ESSEX Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 152 Ellis Ave x Springfield Ave. Heavy fire in basement of a 2.5 wood frame. Primary & Secondary searches are (-). Co.'s have main body of fire knocked down and under control. [EAN633 O/S EAN465-103-800-503]. 8:10p.m.
· WALLINGFORD, CT: MVA on Rt. 91 area of Exit 13. Car down embankment. Jaws in use. CT3729/19 [TAC9-C319]. 8:19p.m.
· CHARLOTTE (MECKLENBURG Co.), NC: *2nd Alarm* Church on South Tryon St. near 2nd Street. Heavy fire in basement. Firefighters with hand line into basement. Windows knocked out. Smoke condition thru out. L1 up for vent. Fire is under control. No injuries. 8Engines, 2Ladders, 1Rescue, 3BC’s, C28/PIO & ATF on scene. [CFP328-O/S*702]. 9:24p.m.
· WINDHAM, CT: MVA on Club Road in front of the Snet Building. 3-BLS and Lifestar en-route. C101/CT123 [TAC9-C20]. 10:55p.m.
· CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA: *2nd Alarm* on Arlington Blvd at "Brown School." Reported fire in the educational complex. 5 Engines, 1 Ladder, 2 Chiefs operating. Albemarle County Apparatus for cover. (VFN124). 10:09p.m.
· EAST HARTFORD, CT: MVA at 217 O’Connell Drive @ Applewood Drive. Jaws working. CT21 [TAC9-C20]. 10:59p.m.
· HAVERHILL, MA: MVA on Route 495 North near Exit 51 with entrapment. Jaws going to work. *154.3625* [TAC9-C101]. 11:01p.m.
· Update - EAST HARTFORD, CT: MVA at 217 O’Connell Drive. Reported head-on with 1-victim trapped. Jaws working. Additional ALS requested. CT21 [TAC9-C20]. 11:07p.m.
· Update - HAVERHILL, MA: MVA on route 495 North near Exit 51. Units on scene requesting Medflight to the scene. *154.3625* C24 [TAC9-C101]. 11:09p.m.
· Update - HAVERHILL, MA: MVA Rt. 495 NB at Exit 51. The L/Z will be on 495 NB. Medflight now en-route. 10-15 min ETA. Will be going to Boston Med Center. *154.3625* C24 C101 [TAC9-C33]. 11:17p.m.
· Update - CHARLOTTE, NC *2nd Alarm* Historic Saint Peter's Catholic Church @ 501 S. Tryon St. Fire contained to room of origin in basement. Heavy smoke & water damage to rest of basement & moderate smoke damage in sanctuary. [CFP328*702]. 11:21p.m.
· NEWARK (LICKING Co.), OH: Newark FD 3rd Alarm on S. 4th St. near Central Fire Station. All Newark FD Units working. Heavy fire in a house. [FPO/255/249/D703] (C). 11:59p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for November 11, 2002 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail email@example.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Macedonia FD (Summit): W/F 1129 East Aurora Rd (SR 82). T/L 2219 reports 2 sty comm'l bldg under construction with smoke showing. M/A Northfield Center FD Eng 2714, Twindburg FD Eng 3414, Northfield Village FD Sqd 3512. FPO/D703 ©
Macedonia FD (Summit): W/F 1129 East Aurora Rd (SR 82). Add Eng 2215, 2213, Chief 2200. Defensive mode. Bldg is now F/I. T/L 2219 setting up. SFMO & MPD Detectives S/C'd. FPO/D703 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 2560 Value Way. 1 sty warehouse, heavy smoke in bldg 2. Cos: Eng 61, 16, 132, Lad 28, 24, Res16cuE, Med 61, BN 2, 161. 1 victim removed with smoke inhalation. FPO/D260 ©
McKean, PA FD (Erie): W/F 9109 Brown Rd. Barn fire. Cos: Eng 63, 65, 382, 16, Tank 385, Sqd 64, Eng 442 - FAST TEAM, Med 2, Chief 400. Chief 400 reports bldg is F/I. FPO/800/D801 ©
Hermitage, PA FD (Mercer): W/F Highland & Lyle. F/I unattached garage. Sta 93 enroute. Esposure problems to house. FPO/D256 ©
Hermitage, PA FD (Mercer): W/F Highland & Lyle. Fire has spread to the house. Requesting interior ops on house. M/A Sta 86. FPO/258/D256 ©
Cleveland FD: W/F 12309 Imperial. BN 5 reports a 2.5 sty house with heavy fire on 2nd floor. Cos: Eng 36, 41, Lad 36, squad 1, & BN 5. Eng 26 - Worker. Lad 10 - RIT. FPO/D700 ©
Cuyahoga Falls FD (Summit): (Delayed) W/F 211 Hayes Ave. House fire. Recall off-duty FFs. Fire now U/C. FPO/D701 ©
Mifflin Twp Division of Fire (Franklin): W/F 645 Laurel Ridge Dr. Cos: Eng 133, 134, Lad 131, Res121cuE, Chief 130, BN 131. Eng 133 reports basement fire. FPO/260/284/D249 ©
Mifflin Twp Division of Fire (Franklin): W/F 645 Laurel Ridge Dr. RIC: Med 141, Eng 131. Fire K/D. All clear on searches. Holding all companies. FPO/260/284/D249 ©
--- Pages Today: 10
--- Pages YTD: 3817
NEFNN CONNECTICUT FIRE LOG (http://www.nefnn.com)
-by Scott Harris
0947 W/F WALLINGFORD CONN 19 Hallmark Hill Dr - basement fire in a condo
2039 W/F NORTH HAVEN CONN 11 Leonardo Ln building fire
2244 2nd ALM ON ARRIVAL VERNON CONN Grove & Laurel Sts occupied 2.5-story frame - heavy fire floor #2 thru the roof - all companies ordered out of the building
0935 W/F STAMFORD CONN 102 Clinton Ave house fire
1034 W/F SUFFIELD CONN 114 Silver St house fire
1522 W/F WINDHAM CONN 114 Beacon Rd house fire
1633 2nd ALM NEW HAVEN CONN Box 529 370 Dixwell Ave 3-story frame - heavy fire top floor with exposure problems
1714 W/F NEW LONDON CONN 188 Crystal Ave 2.5-story frame heavy fire showing
1735 W/F BRIDGEPORT CONN 752 Park St detached garage well involved
2315 ACW HARTFORD CONN Box 691 50 Willard St multi-story OMD - fire in laundry room
0936 W/F HARTFORD CONN Box 459 291 White St 3-story frame - cellar fire
0830 2nd ALM ON ARRIVAL HARTFORD CONN Box 85 45 Barbour St 4-story brick OMD - heavy fire showing floor #3 rear - rescues made
1837 ACW WETHERSFIELD CONN 4 Tabshey Court 2.5-story frame condo - kitchen fire in (1) unit
2030 W/F+ BRIDGEPORT CONN on Garden St 1.5-story frame commercial building well involved
0413 2nd ALM HARTFORD CONN Box 759 208 Magnolia St 3-story brick OMD - heavy fire showing top floor with occupants in the windows on arrival
1816 W/F MERIDEN CONN Box 63 508 Johnson Ave single family house - cellar fire
LODD: Robert Poore, FF with Briceville VFD in Briceville,TN has died as a result of the tornado outbreak on Sunday, November 10. FF Poore was assisting with rescue efforts of a collapsed structure when he suffered a heart attack. CPR was initiated by fellow FF's on the scene, however, he was unable to be revived.
Our prayers and condolences go out to FF Poore's family and to FF Poore's fellow firefighters.
Matt Harmon EMT-IV/FF
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
London Fire Brigade Daily Report
09 Nov 02
0821 A30 Islington Persons reported fire at 94 Saint Pauls Rd, 3-sty private dwelling 5m x 15m, 2nd flr fire using 1 hosereel, 1 civilian rescued.
0613 E36 Deptford 6 PUMP FIRE, HP REQUIRED on Blackhorse Rd, 1-sty tire warehouse 45m x 15m with heavy fire showing, using 3 jets, HP Hydraulic Platform monitor, approx 500 civilians evacuated from two adjacent apartment blocks.
Runs for the day: 677
10 Nov 02
1247 G33 Kensington 4 pump fire at the Dorbar Restaurant, 24 Hereford Rd, 4-sty restaurant & dwellings, heavy fire in basement extended to 1st & 2nd flrs and ductwork, using 3 hosereels, 2 TIC Thermal Imaging Camera, TL Turntable Ladder.
2148 G26 Acton 6 PUMP FIRE at Gunnersbury Park on Popes Lane, a row of 1-sty building 30m x 50m with heavy fire showing, using 4 jets, 2 hosereels, TIC Thermal Imaging Camera, water relay operations.
Runs for the day: 858
11 Nov 02
0807 F38 Romford Persons reported fire at Flat 11, 64 Harold Court, 2nd flr apartment fire using 1 hosereel, 3 civilians rescued.
Runs for the day: 729
Runs for the year: 253934
Sunday, November 10, 2002
2128 Hrs Reported Smoke in the attic at 1403 4th Avenue
Engine 1, 2, and 4, Truck 1, Scottsbluff 1
Upon arrival Engine 1 found light smoke in the area, went to the rear of the Structure and found heavy smoke coming out of the rear roof area.
Entry found smoke and fire coming from the ceiling around a wood burning stove and ceiling fan. The were able to reach the fire through a hole cut in the roof of the house. Damage was limited to the kitchen area and the roof of the house.
Anderson Co., TN Firefighter Dies after Helping Clear Debris
Also get more info from http://www.knoxnews.com
Brooklyn, N.Y. 11/11/02 @ 06:30 hrs.
Bedford / Stuyvesant Section
address: 1399 Fulton St.
between: Brooklyn Ave. & Marcy Ave.
946 @ 06:21
Engs. 235, 214, 234, 217*
Lads. 111, 123
Rescue Co. #2*
Squad Co. #252*
*4 Engs. / 2 Tks. / Res. & Sqd. due to many phone calls reporting a store fire.
10 - 75 - 946 @ 06:25
Ladder 132 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 946 @ 06:31
Batt. 57 reports, Will be using all hands for a fire in a store on the 1st. floor of a 4 story Brick. It's a multiple dwelling above. 2 Hand-lines stretched, 1 - line in operation. Searches are in progress. Fire's Doubtful
4 story Brick 25 x 60
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Similar Type attach
Exp. #3: Is Unknown
Exp. #4: Is a Similar Type attach
Batt. 57: Primary search on floors 2 thru 4 are negative.
Division 15: Will go with a Probably Will Hold at this time. Primary search thru out the fire bldg. is complete & negative. Secondary search of the 2nd. thru 4th. floors are complete & are negative. Secondary search of the 1st. floor & basement still in progress. Special Call an additional Truck to the scene "K" TowerLadder 119 is s/c
Division 15: Fire is UnderControl.
Secondary searches thru out the bldg. is complete & is negative.
Box 54 Club, Located in Bergen County, Township of Teaneck, New Jersey. Trained in providing fireground rehabilitation to emergency workers since 1952
"Proud Members of the IFBA"
Check us out at: http://www.box54.org
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(HNAN) Hot News Alert Network
P.O. Box 80607 Metro Atlanta Area
Atlanta, Ga. 30366
Dave Williams - email@example.com
Bill Delmar - firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2002 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Last edited by PaulBrown; 11-13-2002 at 10:56 PM.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)