Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy Site keeps logging me out

Dear Sirs, I would like to thank you in advance for your great website and your excellant response to concerns. But I'm afraid Im having a problem posting. As of yet I am unable to find a problem on my end, I tried numerous times to respond to a thread in the off duty section. But every time I was finished with my reply and submit it, it would say that I was unauthorized to do this and needed to log in. I had already logged in several times without logging out on my own. I tried logging in but I lost everything I had written and tried to rewrite it with the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Sincerly, Randall E. Guntrum FF/E.M.T.
    God bless and stay safe.
    Last edited by Gooch26; 02-02-2008 at 03:14 AM.

Administrator

The system (for now) logs you out after inactivity for 15 minutes. Is it happening in a shorter time frame?

The easiest way around this, until we introduce teh auto-login feature in the coming weeks, it to cut and paste your reply into your browser from WordPad or some other document. Especially for long replies, this ensures you won't lose anything under any circumstance. Or copy your test before you hit submit so you have it.

WebTeam

MembersZone Subscriber

It did seem to log me out in less than 15 minutes, though I am unsure of an exact time frame. Thanks for the quick response and the tip.
    Randall E. Guntrum FF/E.M.T.

Forum Member

Hey Gooch,

I use the right click and "open in new window" command to view links.

So when I do a view new posts search, all the topics I am interested in get their own window. This I don't "lose" or forget one to look at. It also seems to keep me active, or at least I haven't had the "timeout" yet.

Dave

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile

Thanks for the help Webteam and hfd66truck, I'll give both solutions a try. I figured I'd give a crack at answering fdnyvet's question. My guess is that somone is using the same e-mail server as you to send out a lot of junk mail and other nuisance mail. And that e-mails from that server have been blocked from sending messages to firehouse.com. So you can hope that they see your problem in here, make it a post all it's own, or maybe get a new e-mail addy from hotmail or yahoo or another e-mail service. I hope this helps you out. I guess the big thing is we have to be patient with all the changes going on at the site. Randall E. Guntrum FF/E.M.T.
    Stay safe and God bless.

Thread Information