Thread: World Of Fire Report: 11-13-02
11-15-2002, 11:51 PM #1
World Of Fire Report: 11-13-02
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Wednesday, November 13, 2002
· EAST WINDSOR, CT (Broad Brook District) MVA on Route 191 near Church St. 2 victims pinned. Additional EMS requested. *33.94* [TAC9-C09]. 12:08a.m.
· PHILADELPHIA, PA: Working structure fire on Box 696 at 844 E. Hilton St. Had heavy fire in a dwelling. BATT 10 reports fire is under control. EMS has a trauma alert going to Temple. Patient is a 30 year-old male who jumped from the 2nd floor window. Patient has 2nd degree burns to face & complications of chest & abdominal pains. Requests the Marshals – possible firebombing. [EAN PHILLY STAFF/EAN3305]. 12:14a.m.
· Update - EAST WINDSOR, CT (Broad Brook District) - MVA on Route 191 near Church St. 2 victims pinned. Life star requested but grounded due to weather. Extended extrication in progress. *33.94* [TAC9-C09]. 12:16a.m.
· STLFN: ST. CHARLES (ST. CHARLES Co.), MO: St. Charles FD has a 2nd Alarm Apartment fire at 131 Cole Boulevard. NFI ATT [STL819]. 1:40a.m.
· PHILADELPHIA, PA: Working fire – Box 7754 @ 1515 Jutson Way. Fire on the #18 floor of an unknown story building. 2&2 going to work. [EAN3308]. 1:42a.m.
· Update – PHILADELPHIA, PA: Working structure fire in a Hi-Rise. Box 7757 @ 24th & Jefferson. BATT 3 reports fire on the 18th floor of a 20-story 25x125 building. Fire is in the hallway. Stand pipe is pressurized. Companies working. [EAN3305]. 1:52a.m.
· Update – PHILADELPHIA, PA: Correct Box is #7757 at 1515 Judson Way. Fire building is a 20-story 75x100 occupied Apartment building. Companies have fire in the hallway on the #18 floor. Numerous occupants reported to be on balconies on #18 floor. Still have 2&2 in service. [EAN3308]. 1:52a.m.
· Update – PHILADELPHIA, PA: Box 7757 @ 1515 Judson Way. By orders of BATT-4, fire is under control at this time. Companies have bulk of the fire knocked down. Checking status of occupants. Holding all Companies in service. [EAN3305*EAN3308]. 2:01a.m.
· PHILADELPHIA, PA: Working structure fire Box 447 at Orkney & Somerset. Pipeline 50 on a rubbish fire found a house fire. Heavy fire on the 1st & 2nd floors. Filling the Box. [EAN090/EAN3305]. 2:56a.m.
· Update - PHILADELPHIA, PA: Working structure fire Box 447 at Orkney & Somerset. BATT 8 places fire under control. Also advises this is a vacant 2-story stand alone in danger of collapse. [EAN090 EAN3305]. 3:13a.m.
· PHILADELPHIA, PA: Box 1394 – Working structure fire at 2300 Garnett. Companies on location of fire on floor 1 of a 2-story row middle of row vacant. Companies going to work. [EAN3305]. 4:15a.m.
· PHILADELPHIA, PA: Update – Box 1394 working structure fire at 2300 Garnett. Companies had heavy fire on #1 floor of a vacant 2-story row middle of row. BATT 3 reports bulk of the fire knocked down & under control. Holding 2&2. [EAN3305]. 4:19a.m.
· 2nd Alarm – HARTFORD, CT: 450 block of New Britain Ave. Structure fire. 3-story wood frame with heavy fire showing. CT19 [TAC9-C32]. 5:49a.m.
· STLFN: ST.CHARLES (ST.CHARLES Co.), MO: Follow-up *2nd Alarm* @ Cole Creek Apartments, 131 Cole Blvd x Elm. Heavy fire was in 2 apartment units of an occupied 2-story, 16-unit apartment building. M/A St. Louis Co. FD's to work & cover. [STL819/899]. 7:04a.m.
· BOSTON, MA: Working fire on Box 3541 at 82 Nelson St. 2.5-story wood frame dwelling. Fire on floor #2 extended to the attic. *483.1875* C31 [TAC9-C32]. 7:28a.m.
· UNION TWP., NJ: 2nd Alarm on Ohio St. Fire in a 2.5-story wood frame dwelling. M/A to work/cover. [EAN55/10]. 8:51a.m.
· SACO, ME: Working fire at 41 Pleasant Street. Fire in a 2-story wood frame structure. M/A from Biddeford to the scene. *154.250* C31/C603 [TAC9-C461]. 9:16a.m
· NEW ORLEANS, LA: *2nd Alarm* 7827 Means St. Dwelling fire. NFI. [NOLA]. 9:22a.m.
· STLFN: CAHOKIA (ST.CLAIR CO.), IL: Cahokia FD is on scene of a trailer fire @ Levine x Laverne. Smoke showing from door and window on arrival Camp Jackson and Prairie Duponts FD’s responding M/A. (STL 835). 9:36a.m.
· STLFN: CAHOKIA (ST.CLAIR Co.), IL: Update on Cahokia FD’s working trailer fire at Levine & Laverne Ave. Trailer is well involved. Camp Jackson & Prairie DuPont are working. [STL997]. 9:39a.m.
· ENFIELD, CT: Working fire at 80 South River Street. Heavy fire in a 2.5-story wood frame structure. All districts working. CT80/CT19 [TAC9-C461]. 9:49a.m.
· STLFN: CAHOKIA (ST. CLAIR Co.), IL: Update on Cahokia FD’s working trailer fire at Laverne & Levine. Fire is under control & Trucks back in quarters. *FINAL* [STL997]. 10:23a.m.
· GREELEY, CO: 2nd Alarm at 810 8th Street has caused at least 2 million in damages to Big R Service, a large farm merchandise store. [MNN-001]. 10:25a.m.
· DANVILLE, NH: MVA at Main & Pleasant Streets. (3) victims with 3 vehicles involved with entrapment. Jaws in use. *154.19* C603 [TAC9-C33]. 10:34a.m.
· BURRILLVILLE, RI: Working fire on Main Street (Mapleville section). Fire in a commercial building. All Companies ordered out of the building. *154.190* C28 [TAC9-C461]. 1:05p.m.
· Update - BURRILLVILLE, RI: Working fire on New Road (Mapleville section). Explosion & fire in a Commercial building. (1) 10-45 Code 3 (minor). C28/C319 [TAC9-C461]. 1:12p.m.
· BELLWOOD (COOK Co.), IL: A 5th Alarm & 1 Special on EMS Box #199 at 25th & Harrison for kids overcome by fumes; none serious. 40+ students & teachers transported to area hospitals. (CHGO14/NUMEROUS) (c). 1:26p.m.
· PROVIDENCE, RI: MVA at Dorchester Ave and Lauel Hill Ave. 2 car MVA. Engine 6 requested the Jaws in use. *154.370* C303 [TAC9-C319]. 1:41p.m.
· SPRINGFIELD, MA: Working fire at 30 Portland St. 2-story occupied Apartment building. CT80/182 [TAC9-C30]. 1:43p.m.
· JACKSON (OCEAN Co.), NJ: *Second Alarm* Jackson Health Care on History Lane. Working Nursing Home fire. M/A to the scene from Howell Twp., Monmouth County. NFI ATT [EAN700]. 1:45p.m.
· Update – JACKSON (OCEAN Co.), NJ: *Second Alarm* Jackson Health Care on History Lane. Fire knocked down. Returning Mutual Aid Units. [EAN200/700]. 1:49p.m.
· HARTFORD, CT: Working fire 49 York Street. Fire in a 3-story brick occupied multiple dwelling. Heavy fire on floor 3. CT19 [TAC9-C327]. 3:59p.m.
· NEW ORLEANS, LA: *3rd Alarm* 218, 220, 222, 224 S. Salcedo St. 2-story and a 1-story wood dwelling both heavily involved in the attics 50x100. [NOLA]. 4:19p.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: STLPD is on the scene of a stand-off situation in the 1800 block of Annie Malone Dr. They believe they have surrounded the suspect, which shot a Police Officer last week. [STL810]. 6:12a.m.
· STLFN: ST. LOUIS, MO: Update - STLPD Stand-off situation in the1800 block of Annie Malone Dr. The suspect was talked out and is now in the custody of the Police. Confirmed to be the suspect wanted in a murder and police shooting. *FINAL*[STL810/557]. 7:11p.m.
· STLFN: FERGUSON (ST.LOUIS Co.), MO: Ferguson FD *1st Alarm* @ 823 Tiffin. Heavy fire/smoke on arrival. Fire on the 1st floor of a house. Hand lines & 5" supply lines laid. Report of an oxygen tank involved. Fire now knocked down & under control. [STL557/899]. 8:18p.m.
· STLFN: JEFFERSON Co., MO: High Ridge FPD has a working structure fire at 100 Delores Drive. No size-up given but Fenton FPD 1314 has moved into High Ridge 1 House. [STL819]. 9:52p.m.
· STLFN: ST. CLAIR Co., IL: Freeburg, Smithton, and Fayetteville FD’s are all on scene of a grain bin on fire @ 2921 Old Freeburg Rd. There are exposures to other grain bins. (STL 835). 9:54p.m.
· HULL, MA: Working fire Box 205 at 175 Atlantic Ave. Reported building fire. Companies going to work. *154.265* [TAC9-C519]. 10:08p.m.
· Update – HULL, MA: Working fire Box-205 at 175 Atlantic Ave. Reported fire on the 2nd floor of a 3-story wood frame. M/A Cohasset Engine Co. to scene and Hingham for coverage. Fire knocked down. Co.'s in overhaul. PWH *154.265* C519/C36 [TAC9-C20]. 10:24p.m.
· NAHANT, MA: Working fire at 2 Summer Street Court. Structure fire. M/A from Lynn. *154.370* [TAC9-C461]. 10:28p.m.
· NORTHBORO, MA: Level-2 Hazmat on Goddard Road. Reported unknown type Chemical spill in a commercial building. DST-Level-2 Hazmat Team with Toms Unit Response en-route. 1-1045/transported to UMASS/Worcester by EMS. *154.445* C32/C461 [TAC9-C20]. 10:41p.m.
· STLFN: ST. CLAIR Co., IL: Update on Freeburg, Smithton, and Fayetteville FD’s grain bin fire @ 2921 Old Freeburg Rd. Smoke was showing from 1 grain bin. No exposure to other grain bins. Smithton Tanker 4817 was using Tanker operations. Fire is now under control. Co.'s are returning to quarters. *FINAL* (STL 835 @ SCENE). 10:58p.m.
· STLFN: JEFFERSON Co., MO: High Ridge FPD has a mobile home fire on Shore Drive in the Brookside Estates Mobile Home Park. No size-up given but Fenton 1314 was disregarded en-route. [STL819]. 11:30p.m.
· STLFN: HAMEL (MADISON Co.), IL: Hamel FD is on scene of a Trailer fire on I-55 @ the 31MM. PD on scene. Trailer believed to be fully involved. (STL 835). 11:33p.m.
· STLFN: HAMEL (MADISON Co.), IL: Update on Hamel FD’s working fire - (correction) it’s a barn fire on Church St. Barn is fully engulfed. Alhambra and Worden FD’s responded with Tankers. (STL835). 11:38p.m.
· HARTFORD, CT: Working fire at 50 York Street. 3-story brick with fire showing from top floor. A rekindle from a previous fire Wednesday evening. *154.310* [TAC9-C09]. 11:41p.m.
ST. LOUIS FIRENET Report:
STLFN: *Delayed Overnight* St. CHARLES CITY (ST. CHARLES CO.), MO: Commercial fire @ 131 Cole Blvd. 2-story Apartment building. Heavy fire upon arrival of 9432. *2nd Alarm called. Staged @ Cole & Elm. Total Alarm time 2 1/2 hours. 1st Alarm assignments: 9432, 9554, 9410, 9417, 9442; 2nd Alarm: 9542, 9424, 4810, 4833, 9457, Special Call for 9450, Cotteville 8720 move to City House 5 & Robertson 5014 to City House 1. [STL388].
STLFN; *Delayed Overnight* Wright City FPD (Warren Co.), MO: MVA overturned with person trapped. W/B I-70 at the 202 Mile-marker. M/A from Wentzville FPD for 9816. [STL388].
*** FirePage Ohio Report for November 13, 2002 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer (email@example.com)
Youngstown FD: W/F Box # 5635 @ 1835 Glenwood. Cos: Eng 2, 3, 15, Lad 24, Squad 33, BN 1, 2. BN 2 reports fire in basement. FPO/724/217/D323 ©
Hermitage, PA FD (Mercer): W/F 1849 North Water St. Sta 93, & 86 enroute. Command reporting fire in unknown type structure. M/A Sharpsville FD & South Pymatuning FD for tankers. FPO/724/D323 ©
Violet Twp FD (Fairfield): MVA/PIN Refugee Rd & Milrose Blvd. Med 591, 592, Eng 591, Res592cuE, Chief 592. Med 162, 32 S/C'd. FPO/276/249/D223 ©
Boardman Twp FD (Mahoning): MVA/PIN Market St & Western Reserve Rd. Head-on MVA. Cos: Eng 71, 74, TL 71, OSP, & BPD. FPO/724/D276 ©
--- Pages Today: 4
--- Pages YTD: 3830
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Wednesday 13 November 2002
STATEWIDE FIRE UPDATE
More than 1500 firefighters are working on 87 fires that have burnt more than 475,000 hectares across NSW.
Firefighters from the NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS), National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS), State Forests (SF), NSW Fire Brigades (NSWFB) and interstate agencies including Country Fire Authority (CFA) and the Department of Natural Resources and Environment (DNRE) from Victoria, the Tasmania Fire Service (TFS) and the Tasmania National Parks (TNPWS).
Weather conditions today are expected to deteriorate across the State.
A total fire ban has been declared for the North West Slopes, North West Plains, Hunter, Central West Slopes and Central West Plains districts.
Mittagong - Wingecarribee Complex of fires
The Wingecarribee Complex of fires that destroyed fives houses and has burned approximately 2,500 hectares in the Mittagong area on Sunday is being controlled.
Mild weather conditions yesterday assisted firefighters in establishing containment lines.
More than 80 personnel will be working to mop up and black out containment lines with machinery and aerial waterbombing operations to slow the progress of the fire east of the Nattai River and north of Mittagong to protect rural properties and the townships of Welby, Mittagong and Colo Vale.
Upper Hawkesbury - Bala Range - Putty Road remains closed
To date the Bala Range fire has burned in excess of 69,630 hectares mainly in National Park and at its widest extends for 35 kilometres and is 25 kilometres in length.
The Bala Range fire is being contained in the northeastern division. Ground crews and dozers will be working on strengthening the northern cutoff of the fire Garland 2001 and Mt Yengo 2001 fires.
Crews will continue to mop up and patrol the southwestern division of the fire along the Putty Road to Bunjin Hill.
Due to backburning operations, the Putty Road remains closed to through traffic and only residents will be allowed to travel between Wheelbarrow Ridge Road, Colo Heights and the Garland Valley Halfway House until further notice.
Cessnock/ Singleton District - Property protection remains the priority
The Mt View fire 10km southwest of Cessnock is being controlled. Helicopter waterbombing is being done on the northeast edges to enable crews to construct a dozer line. Crews will be waterbombing and mopping up the active fire east of Stringybark Ridge.
Crews working on the Fal Brook fire are focussing on property protection along the Cassell Road and water bombing the northern and eastern edges.
The St Clair fire is being patrolled and crews today will be working on property protection and containing the fire west of the Dungog Shire boundary using dozer lines.
The Gunnadoo fire west of the Brokenback Range is going and crews will be working today on dozer lines and backburns. No property is currently under threat and residents have been allowed to return to the Coolawine Estate.
Great Lakes District - Euther Fire - environmental threat
The Euther Fire burning on NPWS estate remains a threat to environmental assets and has the potential to impact on telecommunications infrastructure at Cabbage Tree Tower. Crews will be working on dozer lines and a backurn is being put in place along the Cabbage Tree Trail.
Gloucester District fires
The Cravens Peak fire is contained and crews will be working today to strengthen containment lines and waterbomb hotspots to prevent it from encroaching on the north side of Cravens Peak.
The Beean Beean fire is being controlled and crews will be working to mop up and patrol the backburn put in between the Barrington and Kerript Rivers. Broader containment lines are being established.
Northern Tablelands fires
A total of 50 fires have been listed within the Section 44 covering the Inverell, Severn, Guyra and Tenterfield Council area since 28 September.
The Spirabo Complex of fires is still active in places, burning in remote mountainous areas east of Glenn Innes. A 20km backburn is progressing on the northern edge of the fire.
The Stop a bit fire on the eastern edge of the Northern Tablelands is being contained, down to the Sara River near the Guy Fawkes River valley. Crews are working to deepen containment lines and carry out backburns.
Crews are patrolling the perimeters of the Strathmore and Buchanan fires and mopping up areas that are still smouldering.
The Torrington/ Bobs Swamp fire is being contained and crews will be working today to contain the fire within established control lines.
Scone district - backburning for containment
The Glen Range 2 fire is being controlled and is burning within established containment lines. Crews will be working today on backburning operations along the eastern and western boundaries.
The Tubrabucca complex of fires has burned more than 4,700 hectares into the Barrington Tops National Park and State Forest areas. Today, crews will work to protect properties to the west and north of the fire. Backburning has contained the spread of the fires to the north, east and south and crews will be focussed on establishing a western containment line today.
The Gog Top complex of fires is burning along the Gog Top Range and Gulf Mountain plateau into remote country. Crews will be working consolidate containment lines today.
Shoalhaven - Roads and National Park areas closed
The Touga fire west of Nowra is on the floor of the Ettrema Gorge and is continuing to progress through inaccessible terrain. Crews will be working today to contain an outbreak on the southwestern corner along the Tolwong Road, blacking out the western flank and aircraft waterbombing the northern flank below the Shoalhaven River.
NSW Rural Fire Service
London Fire Brigade Daily Report
13 Nov 02
0635 A35 Enfield 4 pump fire at 73 Old Park Avenue, 2-sty private dwelling 20m x 5m, attic and roof fire using 2 hosereels, TIC Thermal Imaging Camera.
Runs for the day: 727
Runs for the year: 254574
LOS ANGELES, CA:
On Wednesday, November 13, 2002 @ 1537 hrs PST, five companies of Firefighters and three Rescue Ambulances under the direction of Battalion Commander John Nowell responded to an aircraft down at the intersection of Pinney Street and San Fernando Road in the Pacoima area. First units on scene reported a Cessna Centurian had crash-landed striking a passing Honda Civic. A small fire ensued from leaking fuel from the damaged gas tank on the aircraft and was controlled by Firefighters until the fuel had leaked totally from the tank and was ultimately extinguished. The fifty-eight year old male pilot was transported to Pacifica of the Valley Hospital with serious injuries and his twenty-six year old male passenger and the twenty-eight year old driver of the passing Honda Civic were transported to Holy Cross Hospital with minor injuries. No other injuries were reported. The National Transportation Safety Board and Federal Aviation authorities will investigate the incident.
REPORT PREPARED BY:
Public Service Officer
Los Angeles Fire Department
200 North Main Street, Room OCD-E423
Los Angeles, CA 90012 USA
Fax: (213) 485-2708
LAFD E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
LAFD Website: http://www.lafd.org
Brooklyn, N.Y. 11/13/02 @ 20:15 hrs.
address: 733 Grand Ave.
between: Graham Ave. & Humbolt St.
259 @ 20:09
Engs. 216, 229, 206
Lads. 108, 146
Batt. 28 s/c
10 - 75 - 259 @ 20:14
Ladder 104 is the designated "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #2
Squad Co. #252
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 259 @ 20:17
Batt. 28 reports, Box 259, were using all - hands for a fire in a 3rd. floor bedroom of a 4 story multiple dwelling. We have 1 - line stretched & operating. Truck's are "Opening Up" The fire is Doubtful.
4 Story Brick 20 x 50
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Similar Type attach
Exp. #3: Is a Rear Yard
Exp. #4: Is a Similar Type attach
Batt. 28: Main body of fire has been knocked down. Probably Will Hold.
Batt. 28: Primary search of the fire floor and floor above is negative "K"
Batt. 28: Secondary searches are negative.
Fire is UnderControl.
Brooklyn, N.Y. 11/13/02 @ 22:15 hrs.
East New York section
address: 120 Milford St.
between: Glenmore Ave. & Liberty Ave.
1806 @ 22:09
Engs. 236, 332
Lads. 175, 107
10 - 75 - 1806 @ 22:11
Ladder 103 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Engs. 225, 231
Rescue Co. #2
Squad Co. #252
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 1806 @ 22:16
Batt. 39 reports, Will be using all - hands for a fire in the basement of a 2 story private dwelling. Fire is being advanced on. 2 hand-lines stretched, 1 - line in operation. Trucks are "Opening Up". Primary search in progress.
2 Story Brick 20 x 30
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp.#2, #3, & #4 are all yards
Batt. 39: All visible fire extinguished. Primary search of the 1st. & 2nd. floors are both negative.
Batt. 39: Primary search of the basement is negative.
Division 15: Fire is UnderControl
Division 15: Secondary searches thru out are negative.
St. Louis County, MO - Florissant Valley Fire Protection District Web Site
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
(GCFN) Gold Coast Fire Network
P.O. Box 63-04
Miami, Florida 33163 Carrier: Airtouch
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2002 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)