MembersZone Subscriber

Default Just Released! New Vehicle Rescue Book

My first published book,Vehicle Rescue & Extrication, was released in 1991. Since that time, a lot has changed; air bags, rescue tools, new techniques.

I set out several years ago to update that first edition. Well, the fruits of that labor are now available. The 2nd edition book has just been published.

I put 8 chapters in the new edition;
    1- New Technology( include air bags)
    2- Hybrid Vehicles
    3- Vehicle Rescue Life Cycle
    4- Vehicle Rescue Safety
    5- Command
    6- Collision Trauma and EMS
    7- Tools
    8- Techniques

A total of 352 pages of text. Almost 800 images and artwork. Lots of real-world action shots. Each chapter includes the appropriate NFPA 1670 objectives. At the end of the chpaters is a 2,500 word vehicle rescue glossary. It is the most comprehensive glossary ever compiled for our needs.

In January 2003, the Instructor Resource will be available. This is a CD-ROM that will include a complete lesson plan for everything in the book plus PowerPoint slide programs of all the images and artwork plus many more not published. Test questions, skills sheets, and notes to the vehicle rescue instructor are also included on the CD.

The book together with the CD package will be everything you need to know for dealing with the challenges of today’s vehicle rescue in one state-of-the-art book. This combined package will allow a department training officer to present a complete NFPA-compliant vehicle rescue program.

Online ordering is at:
    http://www.us.elsevierhealth.com/pro...sbn=0323018335

To contact a sales representative directly, call 1-800-325-4177

I'll be standing by to answer any questions you have and to assist with your implementation of the book into your training curriculum.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by rmoore; 11-16-2002 at 03:19 PM.
    Ron Moore, Forum Moderator
    www.universityofextrication.com

IACOJ Agitator

Ron, congrats on releasing a new book.

Any idea how much the instructor resource is going to cost?
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

In case anyone wants a recommnedation, I have the first edition and just received the 2nd edition last week. Excellent addition to my library!

Keep up the good work Mr. Moore!
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

MembersZone Subscriber

I called a retailer the other day and was told the Instructor guide would be out in February to the tune of around $350. It's already in my 2003 budget!

FIGJAM

If the first edition is any indication of the quality of this book- I can't wait!

Don't forget all the free copies for all your friends on the forums, Ron! (Especially the underpriveleged in Australia!!!)

Don't know about the instructors CD Rom- if that price is accurate, that just put it right out of my budget!
    Luke

Default MOORE'S NEW BOOK

MY COPY CAME TWO WEEKS AGO. EXCELLENT AND CURRENT INFORMATION. I HAVE SEE SOME NEW TIPS AND EQUIPMENT SHOWN. TIME TO GO INTO THE SHOP AND START FABRICATING. OUTSTANDING RON! BILL LUEBBERMAN / RESCUE INSTRUCTOR = MARYLAND FIRE & RESCUE INSTITUTE.

Forum Member

This is a MUST have book for anyone who visits this forum. Outstanding text, pics, and information.

Ron, Great job!
    Daniel Furseth
    DeForest (WI)
    Safe And Fast Extrication, Inc.
    www.besafeinc.org

"Extrication is like jazz. Improvisation based on fundamentals"

Sta22BeaverCoPA
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ron,

Has the CD gone on sale yet ? I purchased the book, its very good.

How are you feeling ? I heard that you were sick for a while.

Take care. Be Safe.

Mark Wolz

MembersZone Subscriber

Mosby just released initial sales brochures announcing the book and the instructor CD. The book has been available since October '02. The CD is called the "Instructor's Electronic Resource". Release date is the last week of February or the first week of March.

The CD has complete lesson plans for all chapters of the book, over 1,000 images in full-color presented in PowerPoints for each chapter, tests and answer keys, and lots of instructor tips. Retail price has been set by the publisher at $395.

The ISBN number for the Instructor CD is 0-323-01834-3.

The publisher's website is <http://www.us.elsevierhealth.com>

The book is listed for sale at <http://www.us.elsevierhealth.com/fcg...sbn=0323018335>

The book and instructor CD are being considered for state-wide adoption as a complete vehicle rescue curriculum in both Illinois and Colorado at this time.

Ron Moore

FIGJAM

Congratulations on an OUTSTANDING book, Ron!!!
    Luke

Thread Information