Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Last edited by UTFFEMT; 11-18-2002 at 02:30 PM.
    Front line since 1983 and still going strong

Just curious - why do you have a happy face icon with this thread? Didn't someone's house burn?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Talking

Well, I guess it must be because i am soooooo happy that it was not my house that burned up!! Why is it that you must be thinking I so carelessly put that smily up there?
    Front line since 1983 and still going strong

Just struck me as odd that a FF would put a happy face with an article about a house burning.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

One time a dozen or so years ago, a neighboring dept. that we auto-aid with had a residential fire at a pretty remote area. When I showed up I took a look at the place and said "this place is BIG" the *** chief said it was 8,000 sq. ft. I took a look at the equipment on scene and said "This place is going to burn down". There was no way the water supply in the area could keep up with a three story mansion fire that started in the basement and was coming through the living room floor as first units arrived. What amazed me as I walked around this place and noticed seven major heat exchangers, a propane tank big enough for a distribution tank, and a huge swimming pool was that the owner and builder didn't factor in fire protection to the house. Money was obviously not a problem, hell he could have sunk an extra well and ran an auto fire pump off of it to a sprinkler system that would have saved the house, or just setup a firepump from the pool to charge it. Seems like if the owner and builder were oblivious to this that the insurance company would have been on the ball with it...
    Be Safe, Frank
    Chief Frank Rizzio
    Pea Ridge Fire Dept.
    Pea Ridge AR. 72751

Thread Information