Question Any Information?

I am currently planning to graduate high school in the Spring of 2004.
    I am a junior firefighter and have been for over two years now. I have finally made up my mind and decided that I want to be a firefighter. I just have a few things to figure out. I need to decide whether to go to college or not. I am pretty sure I want to but I need to figure out where. Does anyone know of any good colleges that offer firefighting courses. I preferably want to attend a college where I can major in firefighting. I am currently trying to gather more information on the University of Maryland because I heard they offer a great firefighting program and College Park Fire Department offers some type of live-in program for students attending the University of Maryland. I am looking for information on any colleges offering firefighting programs and information on any departments offering live-in programs for college students. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Matt

MembersZone Subscriber
    Maryland (but always a Long Islander first)

The University of New Haven in CT offers a range of fire science degrees: www.newhaven.edu

Firehouse.com had an article the other day on College Park and Hyattsville FD's which both offer housing arrangements. Others in the area do, as well.....

Then there's Eastern Kentucky, a college in Oklahoma, John Jay in NYC, and various community colleges.

Go for the Engineering -- I wish I had sometimes.

Also check out the IAFC Foundation for scholarship information, the deadline is usually August 1 every year.

If you search the Forum "archives" you'll find a similar discussion.
    "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
    -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Forum Member

There's also Oklahoma State University, home of the IFSTA.

Thread Information