Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Fundraisers

Default Fundraisers

We are looking for some new ideas with fundraisers here in the area. I need to know what you all do to raise money and how effective it is for your area. Our budget is 25,000 a year so our money is kinda short and my turnout gear is worn out.....Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Let me know what you all do please

John Betner
    Custer Fire & Rescue
    Unit # 1647

Breckinridge Country SRT
    Unit # 2717

Hoagie Sales... They bring in $1,000 an up each time we do them here. Helps us out alot. It's pretty easy to run too. Export V.F.D.

Talking I may be stupid

I may be stupid but what the heck is a HOAGIE SELL THATS A NEW ONE ON ME LOL

John Betner
    Custer Fire & Rescue Inc.
    Unit # 1647

Breckinridge Co. SRT
    Unit # 2717

Forum Member

There is no such thing as a "hoagie sell".
    Although, a/the hoagie can sell something, other than the fact that it is an inanimate object.
    A hoagie sale is when you have a SALE of HOAGIES, or you SELL HOAGIES.
    Any statements I have made are my statements, and my statements alone.

Voluntary toll road! Those are the most fun. Get your bunker gear on, sans boots, go park your engine in a shopping mall parking lot by a busy road and collect $ in your boots from passing motorists. Lots of fun running around in the middle of traffic with your bunker gear and only socks on your feet. If your FF assoc vetos the boot part, you can always collect $ in your helmet.

One thing to note for this... kinda sick, but it's true. Guys, get your wives and girlfriends to help. Seems that male motorists are more willing to put money in the boot if it's a lady holding the boot than a guy holding the boot.
    me2 likes this.

HNFC FF/President mdoddsjffhnfc's Avatar

Fund Drives and Hoagie Sales.

Pick a month to start the Fund Drive, then get letters and return envelopes made up. Place a letter and envelope at every house and apartment intown and wait for the bills to roll in. It helps my company get about an extra $1000 or so. I'm not sure on exact amount, i'm not the one incharge of it.
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

Custer are you a JR. or explorer? because BSA says you cant get money without providing something in return. ie no boot drive, no letter drive, etc.

Default It would help everyon

A fundraiser would benefit the whole fire department not just me myself.... I am a Explorer with BSA. They have so many rules its rediculus maybe let the BSA give the FD money to buy their explorers gear...... I did have new turn out gear but it had to be given to a Firefighter so now I got some stuff thats old and worn out..... They are so strict...And we would be providing something in return providing better community service to the community with better stuff.

John Betner
    Custer Fire & Rescue
    Unit # 1647

Breck. Co SRT
    Unit # 2717

Forum Member

Yes, the service that we provide should be considered "something in return."
    The service which at some point in time may save their life, their most valued property, their children's life. Although this doesn't exactly relate, I've heard a story about some fundraising for buying a particular piece of water rescue apparatus. They had a sample model on display, and a married couple came up(I would guess with children?).

Husband: "How come you want us to pay for you guys to get that?
    Besides, it's not even worth that much!"
    FF : "How much would it be worth to you if it were your child stuck in the lake and we didn't have it."
    Wife : Slaps husband on face, puts $20 into the jar.
    Any statements I have made are my statements, and my statements alone.

if you have any big companys in your area like a home depot or even the local supermarket, just set up a stand and ask for donations, and tell them wut there supporting and you will make money
    Jeff Gurski

Default Fundraisers

Well our closest wal mart is 20 mi away out of our area and it is not even a super wal-mart...
    lol

Lightbulb

hey rob shut up your a staight edge

but for fund raisers mabey at your next dept. open house or whenever
    there is going to be a lot of people at the station you can sell hot dogs and hamburgers (big hit w/ any croud) or you could have a car wash or a chillie cook off the posibilites are endless.

Originally posted by smatt2003
    hey rob shut up your a staight edge
    i'm going to be a little more mature than you and point out 2 things:

1. i have a right to put my opinion down on these boards just as much as you do.

2. i was posting the facts, if you dont like em complain to the BSA. dont shoot the messenger.

if you have a problem with me or anything i say here i would be more than happy to hear it through PM or email, but this is not the place. thank you.

yea i understand the bsa rules and regulations but you dont have to shoot down his idea for a fund raiser. so be helpful. im sure he (if he is affiliated with bsa) knows that.

The post I am an advisor for has found the only thing that works is the boot at the annual open house. We have our own little table there and a doantion boot. We usually make a few hundred dollars in the day-long event. The dept also will give the post a certain amount of money each year based on our needs. We have been all set with equipment in the last 2 years do to a lot of equipment donations. Fundraising hasn't really been done in a while due to that.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

have a car wash. or have a voluntary toll booth
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

We were going to do a car wash, but apparently the run-off would cause the complete destruction of some rain-forest in South America and we couldn't do it.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Default Yep

Like I said when the BSA decides to give us money to support the explorers of the Fire Dept then we won't break any rules. But until then need money for the explorers and if we don't have money then us explorers can't do crap. Sometimes you gotta break a rule or 2 to have something that BSA says you can't do...

John Betner
    Custer Fire & Rescue

Breck. Co SRT

Angry

I do not want to get anyone MAD at me or anything but what I am saying is that there are so many rules on us explorers that we aren't able to do anything. They want to support the explorer program for life with BSA and Fire Dept. But they won't want to help us for helping their low budget Fire Departments buy things for their explorers

By the way what is the key to getting businesses to donate stuff.

Thread Information