Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Post POwerhawk rescue tool

My Fire company recently purchased the powerhawk rescue tool. In our package we recieved the main power unit, 2 battery packs, 2 battery connectors for our rescue and engine, one jumper cable style hook-up, 1 set spreader tips, 1 combi-tool tip, 1 curved cutter, the 40 in powerpush ram, 2 16 ft cables, 1 sawzall kit, and a light.

Those are all in our kit, just to fill anyone in who is wondering. I am looking for any good tips for using this tool. Any advice or suggestions for use or maintnance tips.

Let me have it.
    Everything that I post is my opinion only, none of this should be taken as fact.

Forum Member

We carry a Powerhawk on one of our Crash trucks. Best advise is to play around with changing the attachments. Make sure that you have it angled so that you can pull ALL of the pins out. Also, the pins (as I'm sure you've found out) are sized so as to work only on one side. One of our smarter members marked ours with color tabs on the little cable between the pins that matches a color tab on the handle. That makes it a lot faster to ensure that you have the right set of pins on the right side of the tool.

Thread Information