View Poll Results: What Do You Think (Opinininions supporting your view would be great)

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 48.72%
  • No

20 51.28%
    MembersZone Subscriber

Statistics show that you only save around 30 seconds. I think that chances of someone getting hurt is to great.

MembersZone Subscriber

That 30 seconds is not taking into acount if you have to go through traffic lights which I don't think that anyone here can say that they do not have a traffic light in their town. If you dont well that is cool. But what abour 95% of america.

Forum Member

What's a traffic light?
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber

That has to be the funniest thing I have herd in a long time.

nmfire ya know the green, yellow and red light in front of an intersection. taht tells you if you can go or stop or slow down lol just kidding
    FF. EMT-B M. Hesek
    Northborough Fire Dept
    Northborough MA

NEVER FORGET DECEMBER 3rd '99

Forum Member

Ah. We don't have those here. Stop signs and circle, thats it.

Forum Member

Default Re: No!

Originally posted by EMTfarmer
    The amount of abuse this sort of rule would suffer would never justify the seconds saved. It would be hard to make me believe it would be minutes in most cases. (How far and how fast would you need to drive to make up one minute of time? One for the math wizards!) Not to mention the potential for injury and loss of life due to these abuses.
    Actually I don't remember ever having a LODD from someone responding in their POV. Just because a law gives more leadway to act irresponsibly dosen't mean you have to. Drive like you have some sense and everything will be okay.

Forum Member

Default Re: Re: No!

Originally posted by CoolDre

Actually I don't remember ever having a LODD from someone responding in their POV. Just because a law gives more leadway to act irresponsibly dosen't mean you have to. Drive like you have some sense and everything will be okay.

I suggest you look through the news archives. You must not have been awake for the last year. Yes, it has happened. More often then not, it is the OTHER PERSON that gets killed when the FF's vehicles obliterates their car. It is almost monthly or every two months on here.

Yea, if everyone drove like they had some sense, it would be okay. But THEY DON'T.

Forum Member

Smile Calculations

I would still like to see a graph or table showing the time differences saved between various speeds. For example 15 miles at an average speed of 50 mph vs 60 mph. Or in an urban setting, 5 minutes of travel at 25 mph vs 35 mph. I will grant a savings of time at controled intersections with either stop signs or lights. Uncontrolled intersections scare the daylights out of me whether in my POV or the rig with flashing lights on every corner. Show me the data and make a believer out of me! The math may be simple but it eludes me, as some may say, so do lots of things!

Lightbulb Listen

ok listen here young 14 to 17 year olds. i was a Jr. Firefighter for 3 years before i came a Firefighter. I know what call get its like to hear your Pager start beepin and your blood pumppin like crazy, i know about that, it happened to me, however i see no ponit in you guys runnin blue lights BECAUSE there is no point. you guys cant go in the fire, and you aint allowed in the HOTT Zone. so father more when you get that get there when you can. Leave the big stuff to the older and the men and women thats done it before. Please if you are goin to run a blue light or red depending on what state you live in, take your time and dont speed cause on mess up will get you OR someone on the other side of the road KILLED.... Drive Safe.... Thanks,

Firefighter Richard Sobilo
    Hawley Vol. Fire Department, Company 9
    Hawley PA, 18428

If you hav any questions about anythin or need help with somethin to do with the Fire Sevice Please EMail me at DealyEntry1031@aol.com
    Thanks again..

MembersZone Subscriber

All of your views are valid but remember that some departments have different rules for juniors. I can do everything but enter a buring building and attack the fire. Laddering and helping with everythign else except for holding the knob is legal. When you are short on man power as more and more departments are would you rather be laddering the building or in the fire. Now to say leave it to a more experienced fire person is a valid point. With juniors all you need is one person who knows what they are doing so they can lead a group of bozos like us juniors. Don't worry we know how to carry ladders and slep hose around. Otherwise we wouldn't be juniors we would be chiefs. (Just Kidding and no offense)

MembersZone Subscriber

I have a question for everyone out there. If you are permited to use blue lights then how many are you allowed to have and must they be 360. Also are you allowed anything like headlight flashers and other stuff like that.

Why don't we call this the forum "The stupid juniors arguing over lights forum" thats all that ever gets talked about. Hello guys the world does not revolve around little blue or red lights in your dash ya'll will never learn anything because you're to freakin worried about makin your vehicle look like a christmas tree. I admit thats all I used to think about until I woke up and smelt the roses. We are firefighters who fight fire not crazy,insane driving fools who think because we got a light we are gods of the highway. I am not bashing one certain person but goodness isn't there something else to talk aobut othe than lights.
    "pain is temporary pride is forever"

MembersZone Subscriber

Number one I am not a junior and I think if a juniopr wants to argue over lights then it is fine. Juniors who argue over lights are not stupid they are just young and so what. I am sure that most of us at one time couldn't wait to get your light permit. If the junior has all of the training and knows what he is doing then fine argue all he wants. The people who don't know their head from the arse when it comes to ems or firefighting should shut up and stop argueing over lights. I love juniors because I used to be one myself. So lets all have a merry christmas and make up.

As I said before I am not bashing, reprimanding or correcting one person. I was just saying that this subject gets wore out on these forums. And no this is not the place to argue over lights all the time this is a place to learn and ask questions. And let me say it one more time before anybody else gets offended I am not bashing one person but offering my opinion. Merry christmas
    "pain is temporary pride is forever"

MembersZone Subscriber

I offer an apology. On an up note do any of you dive for the fire department or county. How did you get started in it and why do you like it.

Thread Information