Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MembersZone Subscriber

Just wanted to say HEY to everyone out there. I am currently in the Air Force serving at Elmendorf AFB, Anchorage AK. I am originally from Braham MN, where I was on the vol. dept for a year and a half. I am currently an aircrew egress tech. And hoping to crosstrain into firefighting in a year. It is nice to see/hear from other firefighters in MN! I can't wait to get back into it! Well hope to hear from any of you soon!! Take care and stay safe!!!
    "If you can keep your head while all about you are losing theirs"

Originally posted by SPFDRum
    An enterance exam open to all those that meet the minimum requirements is on the budget for 2005. Last exam was in Aug. 1999 and to be eligable for hire, you had to be either a Minnesota or National Registry EMT/EMT-P. I would suspect that this will still be the case in '05.
    I guess I will have to work my way up to that after I move there.

Do you have an idea what the entrance requirements might be for some of the departments North of the cities, I was looking at both Fridley and Columbia Heights the last time I was out, but neither had any paperwork to actually hand out while I was there last.
    "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Forum Member

New explorer with Roseville Fire....really liking it so far!

Forum Member

I'll be in St. Paul on the 21st and 22nd for the test. If anyone wants to meet up on the 21st, let me know.
    -Bozz

Air Force Medic

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Hello,
    Great to see a fellow smoke eater from Minnesota out here! I recently became a 'full member' on firehouse, so I am new to the message board. Last night I read another posting, which I believe you posted regarding the upcoming St. Paul exam. Are you a member of the St. Paul F.D.? 2 of my friends made it on during the last recruitment drive. At the time, I was still at MSU, Mankato finishing my degree and had not completed my NREMT. After graduation in 2000, I enrolled in a NREMT course.

You stated in your posting that Minnesota (particularly the MPLS/St. Paul area) is a great place to live. I certianly agree! Sooo, if anyone from out of state reads this and you're coming to Minnesota for the exam, rest assured if you get on, you will love it here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I have no ambition in this world but one...and that is to be a fireman. The position in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which a fireman has to do believe his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. Under the impulse of such thoughts the nobility of the occupation thrills us and stimulates us to deeds of daring; even supreme sacrifice."
    Chief Edward Crocker
    New York City Fire Department
    1899-1911

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Good Luck

Good luck to all who will take the St. Paul test tomorrow. I know I will be there.
    If you can read this, Thank a teacher. Since this is in english, Thank a Marine.

Thread Information