Forum Member

Smack dab in the middle of Central Illinois

Default Need Answer --- Please Help

I received our five questions today and noticed the 1199a link on the website. I have answered the five questions and am in the process of submitting them. My questions is, do I need to print and send in the 1199a, or do I just make sure the information is still there and correct? Nothing really has been said to me (by FEMA) regarding doing anything with the 1199a.

Also, I am sure this question has been asked, but I am going to ask again....has anyone received the five questions and 1199a and not gotten a grant? Just curious as I am not getting my hopes up until I receive some form of verification that we have indeed been awarded a grant.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Michael Warnick

Forum Member

Thumbs up ANSWERS

YOUR 1199A FORM IS YOUR DIRECT DEPOSIT FORM. WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED THERE IS AN INFORMATIONAL AREA ON THE USFA WEB SITE THAT EXPLAINS HOW YOU GO ABOUT FILLING THIS FORM OUT AND WHEN. JUST HANG IN THERE, THE IMPORTANT THING IS THAT YOU RECEIVED THE 5 Q'S AND THE LINK. THIS IS A GOOD THING. GOOD LUCK

MembersZone Subscriber

If you received the questionnaire, your application is under favorable consideration. There is an article in here somewhere of an interview by Firehouse with one of the USFA/FEMA officials on what all this means and/or doesn't mean. This was somewhere around the time of the third or fourth round awards.

If you receive an award, you will receive an official notification. The official notification (ours was via email) will instruct you on what to do with the 1199A form, which is print it out, have your bank sign it, and send it to FEMA. It facilitates wire transfer of funds to your account.

There is no point in processing the 1199A unless you are officially notified that you have been awarded a grant.

Our award was announced in a press release prior to our receiving official notification. This was about three weeks from the date of the email questionnaire. (We also received congratulatory letters from the state Fire Marshal and one of our Senators a couple of days before we got the official email.)

Oh yeah... In the event you submit the 1199A, MAKE SURE that a person who is on the signature card at the bank is also listed as the payee. The person who has filed the grant is not necessarily the treasurer, or whatever. This person's name will be on the form as the payee, and is also the person who must sign the form, who also must be a person who can draw on the account. Not necessarly the person who's been dealing with the web application.

We had to resubmit the 1199A. It took them a while to notify us of the error. If there's any question at all about it (I'm not sure my explanation makes sense), run it by FEMA and make sure you understand before you send it in. It will save time. You can only print the form ONCE. It won't let you print it again. If you make a mistake, you'll have to modify the original form and send it back to FEMA. Pain in the butt.
    Last edited by killerb; 12-04-2002 at 11:09 PM.
    Asst. Chief Bill

International Order of the Fraternal Brotherhood of the Club

Somewhere in or near north central Creek County, Oklahoma

If you make a mistake on the 1199 form it can be corrected. You have to call FEMA, they will release the form back to you, and then you can make whatever changes are necessary.

Thread Information