Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber CFD Hazards's Avatar

Default More White Stuff

Winter doesn't start for another 17 days and at the end of todays storm, we will have topped the total accumulation of all last year. We had a very large pile of construction debris catch fire Sunday night and we were out for most of the night. By the time it was all said and done, I was a big frozen popsicle, my helmet weighed 15 pounds and it isn't even leather. I have a very bad feeling about the direction this winter is heading. Stay warm brothers!

Forum Member

So THAT's where you guys were.... I couldn't figure it out. 'Course, about the only thing I heard was Engine 2 get the ok to break down the feeder. Jeez, that was like 3 fires for the day for you guys.

Are you back on E-3 now Tom? And in the front seat too!

MembersZone Subscriber CFD Hazards's Avatar

Yup, back at the three's but not in the front seat. I was acting last week because the Captain was out, so that was why you heard me on the radio. That was actually the 4th fire of the day. They had two garage fires, a dryer fire at the Springfield Apts. and we had that fire on Plainfield at night. We were at that fire until two-thirty and then at five that morning, we had a moderate smoke condition in an apt. complex on Oaklawn. There was a malfunction of a furnace. We wound up pulling the ceiling in the area of the duct work. It was a tiring night but I loved it.
    Last edited by cfdeng3; 12-06-2002 at 06:23 PM.

Forum Member

Hey, it's no flaming triple decker but it sounds like a good day given the dry spells you guys get sometimes.

Couldn't stay away from the Knights, eh?

Thread Information