Welder sparks tug boat fire
By JAIME HERNANDEZ Staff Writer
ORMOND BEACH, Fla -- No one was injured in a fire that broke out Wednesday on a World War II-era tug boat being restored at a dock in the 2600 block of John Anderson Drive. The fire was reported to the Ormond Beach Fire Division at 1:12 p.m. and extinguished by 2 p.m.
Jack Gordon McCarthy, the tug's owner, said the 102-foot-long vessel has been moored at the dock on the Halifax River for four years to undergo restoration. Sparks from a welding torch ignited mattresses and life jackets in the forward hold. The Coast Guard and Ormond Beach fire officials are investigating.
Story from http://www.news-journalonline.com/
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Welder's torch sparks fire
12-07-2002, 09:29 AM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2002
- Land of milk and honey.
Welder's torch sparks fire
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)