Smile In need of advice...

Need advice
    I am looking for some advice and/or help.

I am not in the fire fighting field. I do belong to the medical field but not as an EMT/Paramedic, etc. I am very interested in becoming an arson investigator but need to know where to start. I have always been interested in the fire fighting field but know that I am not able to fight fires. I am a 34 year old female with some college under my belt but don't really know where to start in this direction. Am I out of my league or can I still make this dream a reality? Does anyone have any advice or any ideas on what my next move should be?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by lostnfound; 12-09-2002 at 06:41 PM.

Forum Member

Start with Fire Science classes. Look to a local community college, they should be able to help you. No you are not out of your league.

Good luck.

Taking the fire science classes is the best way and then do your own private study.
    HE WHO LAUGHS LAST THINKS THE SLOWEST!****

Check out the NAFI or IAAI websites. you will eventually need their training and certifications in addition to any state certifications.

http://www.nafi.org

http://www.firearson.com
    IACOJ Military Division
    NM Office
    ------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of men: The ones who learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest of them who have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."

Forum Member

Another good place to look would be the Fire Marshall's office that serves your area.. They would let you know exactly what you needed.. Some areas the state police handle the investigations and other have a Fire Marshall's divisions.. Check your area for the qualifications and good luck...

Thread Information