Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy RIP- Robert Walmsley

I received an email today from ResQmed notifying me that Robert Walmsley has passed away. For those that had the chance to meet him whilst on his travels around the world training thousands in rescue, on behalf of I.C.E.T. , would know that he was incredibly devoted to improving techniques and performance of the rescuers whilst increasing the chance of survival for the victim.

The email is below...

Hi Everyone,

I am sorry to be the bearer of sad tidings but for those of you who knew Rob Walmsley, he passed away on Friday last with a massive CVA (stroke).

Rob was a tireless worker for Rescue and shared his special gift across the world. While working for Holmatro his presence was magnified by being able to share his vast knowledge in many countries and all of you who had the privilege of meeting him, working with and learning from him will, I am sure, agree that he was an exceptional guru and one of the true cornerstones of rescue.

Being a new frontier, Rescue is one of those areas that has no established academia and no honours list and has had to develop by word of mouth. Being experienced led, Rescue has had to rely steadfastly on its vocational few, who through proven performance have established the techniques and evolutions commonly practised today. Robert was one of those tireless few who always searched for a better, more efficient way to perform rescue. With a strong voice he proclaimed the interaction between medical and technical rescue and gave real meaning to the question - What is advanced rescue?' - To deliver someone to a critical care facility in a similar or more stable condition than when the rescue began.

Robert shared his poweress and gave me great support and advice when writing my first book. We shared a growth and the same passion to mature interaction in rescue, firmly believing that the casualty should dictate rescue strategy. It was my privilege to know and work alongside Robert and I am sure that all that knew him professionally will join with me in acknowledging the legacy he unselfishly gave to Rescue that will continue to benefit the many sufferers, perpetrated by your hands. When next you perform a rescue or teach, spare a though for Robert and speak well of his achievements.

Rest In Peace Robert

Forever your friend and colleague

Len Watson

Robert is being cremated on Wednesday 11th December at

The Late R M Walmsley
    Maaslanden
    Abt Van Englilenlaan
    NL

If any of you wish to send a condolence message, you can do so via my personal e-mail address - lenwatson@onetel.net.uk and I will ensure that they are passed onto Belinda, and his two children Robbie and Chantel.

Len M Watson
    Director resQmed
    resqmed@enterprise.net
    Tel: +44 (0)1787 479605
    Fax: +44 (0)1787 479606/478204
    Mob: +44 (0)7957259199

ADDRESS:
    resQmed Limited,
    Unit 1, Fifth Avenue
    Bluebridge
    Halstead
    Essex
    CO9 2SZ
    ENGLAND
    Luke

Unhappy This came from ICET

In Memoriam Robert Walmsley

Dear ICET friend,

We are very sorry to inform you that Robert Walmsley has passed away. Robert has worked with ICET from 1996 to 1998. He was the father of the systematic approach to rescue and introduced his method as such in the Netherlands and many other countries in the world. Len Watson, his early colleague in extrication innovation, has taken upon him to inform all rescue colleagues and collect messages of condolences.
    Luke

Thread Information