Forum Member

Default Tactics in vehicle rescue rullover

Hello:

I need tactics for vehicle rescue upset on the ceiling with pictures.

Carlos Britez
    Asunción firefighter
    Paraguay

I'll start with stabilization. Below is a photo from Dupont, Washington. This picture illustrates a very good setup for a roof-resting vehicle. This is a repeatable procedure compatible with most passenger vehicles that is set up in a few minutes. The straps going from the base up to the restrained chain restrict sway in the rear of the vehicle. The straps going from chain to undercarriage prevent the chain from sliding off. The other straps prevent base movement. The telescopic stands at the fenders have integral jacks. Heads on jack stands are locking chain grabs. The rear stand is simply a telescopic strut acting as a redundant backup as well as "chocking" the car. Cribbing is paced in front of 'A' post. Ground slope, etc. may require that the vehicle be tied to a fixed object as well. This type of setup will allow entry from the rear or side. In addition, multiple options are available for extrication - side panel removal, roof removal, or both.
    www.res-q-jack.com

Forum Member

Default Tactics in rollover

Hello:
    Thanks for the image, I need if they have others imagenes of dismantling of this type of vehicle rescue.

Carlos Britez
    Asunción Firefighter
    Paraguay

Carlos, Once you have the vehicle adequately stabilized, you can perform many of the same extrication maneuvers as if the vehicle were upright.

Door removal should not be a problem.

Roof removal is quite simple as well and you may find it a little easier as gravity is now in your favor. It may take a minute or so to cut across the windshield. The jack stands in the picture allow you to raise the vehicle in a controlled fashion to relieve pressure on the 'A' posts prior to cutting to avoid any surprises. Although not absolutely necessary, I like redundant cribbing. The rear posts can be cut near the roof. Wood cribbing can be inserted in the space between the severed rear post and the ground. I like to lower the jacks slightly to insure the cribbing is tight.

Dash displacement requires clearance between the dash area and the ground to keep the front end from lifting.

I'll attach some additional pics showing some of the above.

www.res-q-jack.com

Here's a picture from Manhattan where the posts are being cut:

Here's a dash displacement in Houston:

Here's the Houston car following roof removal:

Forum Member

Default lateral rollover

Thanks my friend, you have tactics in lateral upset, I am doing a manual and I need opinions.

Carlos Britez
    Paraguay

Thread Information