Default air supply/ rehab trailer ???

hey do any of you guys have any thing remotly close to what we have here on my post, its an air rehab trailer. its purpose is to refil the scba bottles on site at the fire scene and to also provide rehab to the fire fighters.

here is the url http://users.rcn.com/nfd.ma.ultranet.../index_air.htm

thanks for the info i was just curious
    FF. EMT-B M. Hesek
    Northborough Fire Dept
    Northborough MA

NEVER FORGET DECEMBER 3rd '99

Temporarily/No Longer Active

we have a cascade system on r rescue truck so we can refill bottles from the truck

Temporarily/No Longer Active

MembersZone Subscriber

yeah, we have a cascade system on our rescue truck as well. Its more convenient that having to bring or tow a dedicated unit to the scene, when you need to refill SCBA bottles.

we too have a cascade system on our rescue. we also have a mini fridge stocked with nice cool water bottles.

Default The Dough Boy

We have somthing simmalair to what you have. We have an old Tasty Cake delivery truck, hence its name "the dough boy". It has a/c and heating, coffee maker, refigerated bottled water, some food (energy bars, doughnuts ect.) and a moble rechage for SCBA's inside one huge compartment on the side. Its really cool.
    Last edited by FyrFighterMook; 12-14-2002 at 03:16 PM.
    "DISTRICT 63 FOR LIFE!!" ~Me

"There is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer" ~Thomas Jefferson

When I die, burry me deep. Place the stereo by my feet. Put the speakers by my head, and play for me, some greatful dead.

On the back of our rescue, we have a cascade system with an air compressor. This way you can fill the bottles back up that you drain when you fill you SCBA bottles. We have unlimited air on the scenes which is nice. We get called out a lot for that truck at other depts fires. It is a nice system but it was kinda expenssive. I like your refridgerator ideas. We just settle for warm water.
    Visit us at http://www.randolphfire.org

MembersZone Subscriber

If that trailer of yours is also for firefighter rehab, where do the firefighters fit inside it to get out of bad weather?
    "What makes a person run into a building others are running out of?...Character."- Dennis Smith

www.elmirafire.org

We have a seperate mobile air truck with a cascade system and a Bauer 28 cfm air compressor for our department. There are also some other random supplies and a fridge. We also get called out to a lot of surrounding departments.

Hey this was actaully one of the more interesting topics! What happend???

Forum Member
    Waynesboro, VA, possibly relocating to Virginia Beach in the near future!

Nice rig Eone!

Our cascade system is on our salvage/rescue truck. The rescue squad also has a cascade system on thier heavy rescue, to assist us during major incidents.
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

We dont have any rehab trailers or anything, since most of the time a ladder truck respondes to a call, so we just use them, because we have 3 personal assigned to each truck and almost all of out trucks have 8-10 man cabs, so they work perfectly. As for drinks, we carry the big orange igloo coolers and they have gatorade powder mix in them and we just turn a hose to them and fresh gatorade. Also as for cascade systems, each truck carries about 8-14 extra bottles, and the officers trucks (ford F-550's) about 5 of them have built on cascade systems so we use them.

Forum Member

Well, the closest thing that my department has to a rehab trailer is the refrigerator on the RESCUE truck. There are some ambulance corps. that have rehab vehicles, however.
    Any statements I have made are my statements, and my statements alone.

Thread Information