While I'm waiting to hear whether or not I will be accepted to a department, I've signed up for a first responder couse at my local college. This class is a pre-req for EMT-B, so I figured the sooner I get it out of the way, the better. Now, if I'm still not on a department by the time I'm ready to sign up for my EMT-B class, should I go ahead and sign up anyway? I know some of you have said that the department may pay for my training, but I guess I just want to get as far as I can to help increase my chances of getting hired. Any advice, or thoughts on this?
Thanks again everyone!