Man catches on fire while pumping gas
12/14/2002 3:01 PM
By: Capital News 9 web staff
A Texan is recovering from injuries after he caught on fire while pumping gas.
A retired Air Force officer pulled into a gas station on Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio.
Fifty-eight-year-old Robert Clewes began filling up some containers in the back of his pick-up truck. Flames suddenly ignited, setting him on fire. People at the station hurried over to help.
Clewes said he is lucky to be alive. He said, "It is definitely a miracle to be able to sit here today and look at you all and thank the good Lord from above."
The man is listed in satisfactory condition, but suffered burns over 17 percent of his body.
Officials said a combination of static electricity and dry weather sparked the blaze.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
12-14-2002, 07:10 PM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2002
- Land of milk and honey.
Man burns while pumping gas - static electricity to blame, TX
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)