Thread: SCBA's how much

Default SCBA's how much

Help
    Need prices for SCBA's with the headsup display, spare bottle, intergrated pass, and face mounted regulator.

FEMA said we are still in the game but we underpriced our SCBA's. By the time we would be awarded and delivery date puts us out of the ball park. Have until monday morning to send update. Where are the sales staff when you need one.

If we are chosen we will be informed on Jan 1st or 15th.

Thanks to those who respond.

Terry:
    D
    Be Safe Out there.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

WE HAVE THE SCOTT 50'S = $3300 A POP.

GOOD LUCK

Forum Member

Survivair Panther 2216 2003 NFPA with HUD 2900 plus 300 for spare tank
    wellsfr
    We've been doing so much for so long with so little. We can do almost anything with nothing.

Lightbulb Get more for your $$$

I don't know if you've ever considered doing this in purchasing SCBAs, turnouts or even new apparatus, but one thing we always do is look around to other Departments to see who is buying what, especially larger cities.

Make contact with that Department's Quartermaster and see if you can "tail-coat" their bid. If they're buying 50 SCBA's, they're probably getting a sweet deal from the manufacturer. Even if you're only buying 10, you still benefit by getting it at a better price and maybe some "extras" thrown in the deal (extra face pieces, t-shirts, *anything*!)

For states (like someone mentioned in another thread about Alabama) that have state-wide cooperative buying programs, do it!! Who knows... this may be the only time the Federal Gov't helps firefighters like this... make the best use of this money you can!

Congrats to all of those awarded so far and good luck to those still waiting!

Keep it safe, Brothers and Sisters!

HotShot

Temporarily/No Longer Active

I believe thier priced between the 2 and 3000 dollar range brand new but we never bought "brand new" SCBAS since our company started...we bought all of our SCBA's,in brand new condition,for 150.00 apiece over on ebay and thats for the newly updated Scott 2.2's with PASS built in the facemasks and lighted LEDs in the facemasks signalling low pressure in cylinder, complete with Pos Pressure valve,bypass,alarms and composite cylinders/harnesses,some had current hydros and flow testing while a couple others that was all that was needed,but basically all can be brought up to NFPA standards if they havent been already.I seen a set of 10 over there on a "buy it now" option for 4995.00 but didnt include spare cylinders.I didnt bid on those because we had already won a bid on some.We bought 8 complete sets over there for 150.00 apiece and bought spare cylinders in a lot of 10 for 225.00.We buy MOST of our equipment over there(if its in useable condition or new condition) becuase of low budgeting and so far everything has went well.

Donna C
    Fire Chief/EMT-P
    Bridge Canyon VFD
    http://www.fire-ems.net/firedept/view/seligmanaz/

Forum Member

We just ordered 16 Scott AP 50's, with heads up display, aluminum bottles, RIT connection, Integrated PASS, and voice amplifiers for $2700 each,
    we are trading in 16 old Survivair XL-30's and getting 16 spare aluminum bottles for them.
    Scott lowered their bid when they learned that we had been quoted Survivair panthers for $2600 each equipped the same way.
    their first bid was about $3300 each.
    Tyler

Tyler,

Do you have an printed quote on this. I'd love to show our Scott salesman this price.

If you can scan and email it to afd@a5.com it would be great.

Roger

Tyler:

IF you do I'd like a copy also
    broadax@wilbur-wa.com

Terry
    Be Safe Out there.

Forum Member

I tried to post it on here but it told me the file was too big, so I am going to try and email it to you, if you can figure out how to put it on here , go for it.
    Thanks, Tyler

Default USFA/FEMA SAYS BUY LESS

Because the NFPA standard changed during the selection of grant recipients, the dollars we requested do not cover the cost of the new standard of SCBA. I called FEMA to obtain instructions on how to approach the problem.

Of course I inquired about getting the award increased (without success). The instruction was to buy fewer of the units and detail in the performance report the change in what was purchased and describe the reason (the product changed price).

You did know that you have to write a 6 month and final report on your grant, right?
    ...SVFD162

MembersZone Subscriber
    finally getting ready to start the new station

We under priced our SCBAs too. Our request was for only 5 packs to start with. Fortunately, our department voted last night to contribute the needed funds (we take in $3000 in donations from our annual dance) to offset the price difference. We were able to get our order in before Dec 31 to avoid having to purchase masks with heads up display. The extra funding from our dept also has to go on the status reports that get filed in six months in accordance with the grant.
    Every silver lining's got a touch of grey...I wiilll get by....

Proud to be IACOJ Flatlander Division

Thread Information