MembersZone Subscriber

Default comparison shopping

Does anyone know of a Web site or publication that compares specs and pricing of TIC's?
    Career/Volunteer, We are all professionals!

Protective Economist

I haven't heard of one. Pricing is very difficult. In an open market, distributors can establish their own prices based on a variety of considerations.

Some of the manufacturers' web sites will do comparisons of the engines inside, though many do so as a tool to push FD's in one direction or another. Realize that ALL the TI's on the market are made with technology available from essentially 3 sources. For the most part, it is all a matter of packaging once you decide which engine you want inside.

There are advantages and disadvantages to EVERY engine on the market...don't let a sales person convince you otherwise. You just need to determine which engine has the best features and flexibility for your FD.

Email if you would like more info.

He is correct. There is no website that does that, mostly because distributors and dealers are all pricing cameras a little differently than the manufacturer. All cameras do have a website, and you can find out what you need from those sites, although you will probably have to find your local distributor and give them a call. I'd just say call them and tell them what you are looking for. And as I have said before, bringing them into a Class A burn is the best way to decide what cameras will take the heat and work in heavy smoke conditions.
    <0><0>

Thread Information