Illinois Fire station burns to the ground
(Fillmore-AP) -- Volunteer firefighters in the town of Fillmore
could do little more than watch as their firehouse burned to the
The Fillmore Community Fire Protection District building burned
late Tuesday night, along with the equipment and fire engines
Firefighters from neighboring districts extinguished the blaze.
Fire investigators believe a smoldering cigarette butt may have
been unknowingly thrown in a trash can during cleanup after a
meeting earlier Tuesday.
Volunteer firefighter Mike McKinney says it was devastating to
watch his station burn to the ground.
Firefighters spent much of yesterday scrambling to borrow
equipment from other departments.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Firehouse Burns to ground
12-19-2002, 03:44 AM #1
Firehouse Burns to groundProudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones
*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
On the web at www.section2wildfire.com
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)