Default Help a brother out...

No matter how I move my TV antennae, I still can't get TVNZ up here, and no channels up here show any rugby (expect for the occasional highlights shown on the international channel) It's been nearly six years since I've got to watch an All Black game...

Is there any webcasts of these matches? Does anyone know how I could obtain videotapes (in US format)?

Any help would be appreciated. I am sick of watching fat guys in helmets and tights play for two seconds at a time. American football isn't doing it for me, I need my ABs. Please help.

PS- yes, it is cold up here. yes, there is snow on the ground. Don't rub it in.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'll check with one of our die-hard footie lovers. I know he brings in tapes all the time, so he's got to be getting them somewhere. I'll know more in a few days.
    Michael "Mick" Mayers
    Acting Director, Urban Search and Rescue
    South Carolina Emergency Response Task Force
    www.sctf1.sc.gov

IACOJ BOD

Ferg,

Send me a PM, we can arrange something on getting tapes done, there are services here that can rerecord in your format.

Try checking out www.nzoom.co.nz, they sometimes run live cams.

And yes it is sunny down here, and there are snapper in the ocean.
    (Sorry mate, couldn't resist)
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ferg,

What is an All Black? I couldn't find any listing in the dictionary

I'll try searching google later.
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

MembersZone Subscriber

An All Black or more correctly The All Blacks are New Zealand's famous rugby football team. The name was origionally a misspelling of "All Backs" as the team was reputed to origionally look as if all the players were "Backs" rather than "forwards" in appearance.
    Obviously it was also not lost on people that there were a significant number of Maori people who developed their own identity after commming to New Zealand from Polynesia some 700 to 1000 years ago. Although best known in competition with British commonwealth countries (particularly Australia and South Africa) there is also a huge following for the team in France.
    For anyone who plays rubgy, regardless of their present place in world competition, the All Blacks are seen as THE Legends to beat.

(How did I do kiwi and ferg? Fair enough eh?)

MembersZone Subscriber

Jim, you did pretty good. I was only joking of course (hence the ) - my old man would kill me if I wasn't joking, seeing as how he is a Kiwi and only just missed out on being selected for the All Blacks himself in the late 50's.

Forum Member

I have a tape of the 1978 All Blacks vs Munster that I would be glad to send you.

Thanks for the input!

Hey Manofire- lets work something out. How 'bout I mail you a blank video tape, and some money to cover shipping and labour costs? I would love to see that tape. I have some world cup matches from about ten years ago (NZ vs England, and some other ones)in US/Canada format I can send you, if you want.

PSFB- My parents always told me that when someone moved from NZ to Oz, the average IQ in each country went up. Is this true?

I hope you miserable b@st@rds are enjoying the nice weather down there. It's snowing up here. Again. And it's really, really cold.

Forum Member

Sorry Fergus, I was just joking about the All Black vs Munster game, I always figured that was the one game no Kiwi would want to see. But I have a friend who does tape a lot of games, 3 Nations and 6 Nations. I'll see what I can do and get back to you.

IACOJ BOD

Ferg
    send two tapes, I will tape the beach and boat out fishing in the Hauraki Gulf. That should warm you up :-)

Jim, if you want a trip out for a fish sometime, send me a PM, good job on the description by the way.

StillPSFB, we knew there was a reason you could put a coherent sentence together.

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I am sick of watching fat guys in helmets and tights play for two seconds at a time.
    OMG laughing my A** off!! Well you do have something there, rugby players don't tend to be as fat as some of those football players. And rugby players don't look too shabby in their uniforms either hehehehe *wicked evil grin* (ooops I just put my chick's sexist opinion on this male dominated thread LOL)

I hope you miserable b@st@rds are enjoying the nice weather down there. It's snowing up here. Again. And it's really, really cold.
    OMG laughing my A** off some more!!! You can just hear the digust oozing from your voice

Hey I can relate, I was cold for a year when I come back to Jasper (Alberta, Canada, small tourist town in the middle of the Canadian Rocky Mountains) after working on the cruise ships out of Florida (1986-1989). And I came back in June LOL! Nobody could understand why I was hiding under the blanket all the time. And they were wearing shorts

I just wonder what "cold, really really cold" is to you? LOL Its -17C here today. And windy.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

IACOJ BOD

Ferg

Check your PM

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi
    Ferg
    send two tapes, I will tape the beach and boat out fishing in the Hauraki Gulf. That should warm you up :-)

Jim, if you want a trip out for a fish sometime, send me a PM
    Hmmm, Flying Kiwi maybe it's time you started organising the 1st Annual IACOJ (Oceania Division) Fishing Trip cum Convention cum... um... **** Up?

IACOJ BOD

Why not have a fishing contest.

PS. I thought IACOJ Down Under Division sounded a bit more fun, we can all be DUD's.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi
    Why not have a fishing contest.
    Sounds like a damn good idea - I remember fishing the Hauraki Gulf when I was 3 years old - is the fishing still as good? Yellow Tail King's biting?

PS. I thought IACOJ Down Under Division sounded a bit more fun, we can all be DUD's.
    Works for me - besides most Americans can't find either Australia or New Zealand on a World map, let alone have any idea where Oceania might be.

PS are the IACOJ meetings still on Monday mornings our time? (and if so what time with Daylight saving etc now?). Now that I've got a computer at home I might be able to join in.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm applying for honorary membership in the Down Under Division, seeing as I not only know where it is, but I actually have been there, which is more than I can say for most Americans. We even have the Australian colors hanging in our weight room at the station, right next to Old Glory and the flag of the Republic of Ireland. I realize that I don't have the NZ flag, but if one were sent, we'd hang it.
    Michael "Mick" Mayers
    Acting Director, Urban Search and Rescue
    South Carolina Emergency Response Task Force
    www.sctf1.sc.gov

Smile 1978 All Blacks V Munster

Quote Originally Posted by manofire2 View Post
    I have a tape of the 1978 All Blacks vs Munster that I would be glad to send you.
    Hi there,I am a member of a junior Rugby club in Ireland.Each year we host a "Legend in Rugby Awards".Next spring we are hosting the Munster team of 1978.As part of our research I note that you have video footage of the match.Would it be possible to get a copy of what you have.I would be happy to cover any cost that this may incur.Yours in Rugby,Niall Browne, niall@cjbrowne.ie www.newbridgerugby.com

Thread Information