Thread: how many calls?

Default how many calls?

hello ct i was just wondering how many calls your dept does in a year?
    FIREFIGHTING IS ALL ABOUT ***, BUSTING OURS TO SAVE YOURS!!

Approx. Annual Calls:

"Fire" side:
    80 Fire Calls, including mutual aid runs
    (6 +/- working structures among the above 2 fire catergories)
    50 MVAs, including mutual aid
    6 Haz-Mat Trailer responses, almost always mutual aid
    25 Service Calls
    250 First Responder

"Ambulance" side:
    850 Ambulance Calls, with about 950 Ambulance Runs (two ambulances to the same call)

When you work out all the math, we probably respond to just about 1000 "unique" incidents a year, plus or minus a few.

We reached the point about 2 years ago that we hardly ever have a day without a call, although EMS/Ambulance accounts for 90% of the run volume.

Our "district / 1st due area" is about 25 sq. miles and 5,000 population. Our ambulance "PSA" covers 70 sq. miles and 10,000 people. Our 1st Alarm response area we go on automatic mutual aid to includes all of the Town of Brooklyn, and portions of Pomfret, Hampton, Canterbury, and Plainfield.

Forum Member

Our district - Approx 750-800 per year. Trumbull townwide - about 1400. Fire calls only, EMS is a different agency.
    "The hero is commonly the simplest and obscurest of men."
    -Henry David Thoreau

Visit my dept. at www.TCFD.com

yea jay your right-- in 2000 tcfd did 854 calls, in 2001 weeknd mutual aid was discontinued and we ran 709, this year we are back up to around 730 or 740 so we are increasing again. townwide we are at 1240 to date which is down from last year, but tcfd alone is going up.
    we are at about 9-10 working fires, about 14 extrications in the town.

looking at the ems side- last year ems did around 2540 calls, which was an all time high, this year as of 8:00 this morning they are at 2727 a new time high, so if you add the total it is 3967 so far fire/ems-- pretty busy for a smaller town.
    Last edited by TCFD4TRUCK; 12-24-2002 at 12:44 PM.

Dal thinks he should mention to these Trumbull-ites that he was a finalist for a job at 80 Merritt Boulevard...I saw the holy grail of data centers...but alas, way too long of a commute on roads way to skinny

Anyway, kinda thankful sometimes we don't have much commercial development = not many automatic fire alarms!

MembersZone Subscriber

As of my last tour of duty, we are at approx. 8700 calls, 40% or so EMS first responder, no tx. Ram, almost had a run to NFD for Mutual Aid, SFD. Co 3 was a little slow, so Co. 1 was toned out, but we were cancelled. Stratford took it. See ya around the way, kid. Merry Xmas!
    Leroy140 (yes, THAT Leroy)
    Fairfield, CT, Local 1426
    IACOJ Tillerman

MembersZone Subscriber

So far this year my company has run about 920 runs both fire and Ems town wide Im sure we are over 2000 so far.

steve 1240 is seperate incidents and ems did over 2500 i work for them too. and by the way--dont call co. 3 any more

MembersZone Subscriber

Ram, missed St. Lawrences, was at work......The boys caught a job today, Xmas, at work, my E-2 was first due, I got to come in and clean up and fill bottles....whaddya gonna do? Worked last night, square wheels, working tonight and tomorrow night, life goes on. Hey, you can appreciate this. I collect those Iconographix books, and Mrs. Leroy got me 3 of them for Xmas. One of them is on Hahn Fire app., and there is a picture of one of your rigs in it. E-305, a 1973 Hahn pumper. I thought it was cool. Well, dinner in the kitchen, gotta go, see ya at the gigantic one.
    IACOJ Tillerman

MembersZone Subscriber

Ram, drop me an E-mail, Leroy140 @ aol, and I'll fill you in or you can give me a call, when I get your mail addy, I'll give ya the number.
    IACOJ Tillerman

Default Unionville call #

Tunxis Hose / Unionville Fire Department ran 932 calls last year which includes fire and ems. --steve

MembersZone Subscriber

Default year 2002 call totals

Windsor Volunteer Fire Department total calls for 2002 were 1069 ( 357 EMS and 712 Fire ). These were spread out over all (4) companies.
    Last edited by SMCAPT7; 01-13-2003 at 07:42 PM.
    "Fire Prevention is our Intention"

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile

Last fiscal year (July 2001 - July 2002) Ledyard Fire Company ran a company record 658 runs (including R-1 response) this fiscal year (July 2002 - July 2003) as of Dec 2002 we have run just under 400 runs and we should finish with about 800 runs. Our sister company Gales Ferry runs about 550 calls a year.

Thread Information