Lakeland Ledger

WINTER HAVEN
Apartment Fire Blamed on Wiring

Faulty electrical wiring is being blamed for a fire at the Sailwind Apartments Monday afternoon.

The fire was discovered in building one at the apartment complex at 360 24th St. N.W., just before 1 p.m. The fire started in electrical wiring inside a wall. The fire spread and burned a hole in the wall of an adjoining apartment.

Most of the damage was in the attic, said Bill Sigler, assistant fire chief and fire marshal at the Winter Haven Fire Department. Sigler said damage was estimated at $20,000.

No one was home at the time of the fire and there were no injuries. The Fire Department is continuing its investigation.