Thread: World Of Fire Report: 12-22-02
12-26-2002, 07:15 AM #1
World Of Fire Report: 12-22-02
*** America's Fire Paging Notification Network ***
Local & National reports from pager notification networks around the U.S.
(All times are in Central Standard Time unless otherwise indicated)
Sunday, December 22, 2002
· 3rd Alarm – BOSTON, MA: Box 3133 at 95 Toplift St. Division 2 reports 3-story wood frame duplex extended to a block of stores. S/C 2 Ladders after 2nd Alarm. Heavy fire – DWH. *483.1875* [TAC9-C105]. 12:00a.m.
· Update – BOSTON, MA: 3rd Alarm Box 3133 at 95 Toplift St. Division 2 report fire in a 3-story wood frame duplex with slight extension to a block of stores. 5 lines stretched out – DWH. *483.1875* [TAC9-C105]. 12:02a.m.
· DERRY, NH: Working fire - Kingsbury Ave. House fire - well involved. Request for M/A to the scene and cover. *154.13?154.19* C520 [TAC9-C158]. 12:06a.m.
· FRANKLIN, MA: MVA at 846 Washington St. E4 reports single car with 1 occupant trapped. Jaws operating. Request for Lifeflight & Photo Recon to the scene. *472.700/800* C520 [TAC9-C158]. 12:19a.m.
· Update - FRANKLIN, MA: MVA at 846 Washington St. Lifeflight cancelled due extended ETA. 1 critical patient transported to RI Hospital Trauma Center. *472.700*800* [TAC9-C158]. 12:35a.m.
· STLFN: COTTLEVILLE (ST. CHARLES Co.), MO: has a 2nd Alarm for an industrial building at 820 Westwood Industrial Park Drive. No size-up given. 1st Company reported smoke from the eaves on arrival. [STL819]. 2:18a.m.
· STLFN: COTTLEVILLE (ST. CHARLES Co.), MO: Update on Cottleville FPD’s 2nd Alarm at 820 Westwood Industrial Park Drive. They have a 5" line laid and there is heavy smoke from the building. [STL819]. 2:47a.m.
· STLFN: COTTLEVILLE (ST. CHARLES Co.), MO: Update on Cottleville FPD’s 2nd Alarm at 820 Westwood Industrial Drive. Chesterfield Ladder 2212 is making a raise and there are several hand lines laid. An Air Cascade has been requested. [STL557/STL819]. 2:54a.m.
· STLFN: COTTLEVILLE (ST. CHARLES Co.), MO: Update on Cottleville FPD’s 2nd Alarm at 820 Westwood Industrial Park Drive. STL557 reports it is a 1-story prefab building. Command reports fire is out. [STL819]. 3:01a.m.
· STLFN: ST.LOUIS Co., MO: Black Jack FPD has a 1st Alarm structure fire 6480 Killbrock. They have at least 1 line off. Fire in a 1-story residential dwelling. An Ambulance has been requested for someone suffering smoke inhalation. [STL819]. 3:27a.m.
· WEST MILFORD (PASSAIC Co.), NJ: **2nd Alarm** 3 Lambert Rd. Fully involved unknown type building. 3 Companies M/A to the scene. DWH. [EAN]. 5:26a.m.
· HENRICO Co., VA: (0500hrs ET) *2nd Alarm* Apartment fire. 5805 Tivoli Cir. (HFD) (VFN137). 8:10a.m.
· STLFN: ST. CHARLES Co., MO: Central County FPD - 1st Alarm house fire in the area of 1090 Birdie Hills x Ohmes Rd. Heavy smoke and fire showing from a residence. [STL810]. 8:19a.m.
· STLFN: ST. PETERS (ST. CHARLES Co.), MO: **2nd Alarm** house fire in the area of 1090 Birdie Hills Rd x Ohmes Rd. Heavy smoke and fire showing from a residence. Move-ups being made. [STL810]. 8:23a.m.
· QUINCY, MA: Working fire at 35 Nelson St. Companies off with fire showing from a house. C231. [TAC9-C51]. 8:40a.m.
· Update - QUINCY, MA: Working fire at 35 Nelson St. OIC reports bulk of the fire has been knocked down. Companies overhauling. PWH. C231/C20. [TAC9-C51]. 8:41p.m.
· 3rd Alarm - TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: 5 Farview Mall Dr. Large Shopping Mall, heavy smoke on 4th floor of attached Office Tower. 2 10-45's critical. Fire Crews having difficulty finding way out due to smoke. DWH. TFN409/TFN300 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 8:59a.m.
· Update – TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: 3rd Alarm Fairview Mall: Interior Crews report main body of fire knocked down. Still heavy smoke on fire floor but conditions improving. PWH at this time. TFN409/TFN300 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 9:19a.m.
· HANSON, MA: Working fire at 1035 West Washington St. Fire in the walls and ceiling of an unknown type structure. S/C additional Engine. M/A to work and to cover. *483.550* C231/C238. [TAC9-C51]. 9:49a.m.
· FAIRFAX Co., VA: **2nd Alarm** 6701 Franconia Rd. Heavy smoke showing from 1-story strip mall. MON 800 4E [DC2]. 9:50a.m.
· EAST GREENWICH (GLOUCESTER Co.), NJ: Working structure fire @ 9 West Cohoken St. Companies have fire in a dwelling. All Companies working. M/A to the scene. Truck Co. to the roof. 3621 [EAN3305]. 10:11a.m.
· EAST GREENWICH TWP. (GLOUCESTER Co.), NJ: **3rd Alarm** 9 West Cohoken Rd. Co.'s have heavy fire in a dwelling. No size up at this time. Co.'s trying to open roof up at this time. Fire is DWH. Extensive M/A to scene. [EAN3621 3305]. 10:27a.m.
· HANOVER Co., VA: HazMat – 449 Arbor Oak Dr. @ Sedgefield Mobile Home Park. (Co. 1 Ashland). Engine-1 with a large amount of Petroleum product in a culvert behind trailer park. FM 1 & 4 en-route, Haz-Mat 1 paged. [VFN102]. 10:35a.m.
· Update – HANOVER Co., VA: Haz-Mat at the Sedgefield Mobile Home Park, 449 Arbor Oak Dr. Product appears stationary. Engine-1 crew advised not to boom or dike until Hazmat 1 arrives & makes product identification. [VFN102]. 10:48a.m.
· EAST GREENWICH TWP. (GLOUCESTER Co.), NJ: Update **3rd Alarm** 9 W. Cohoken Rd. Command reports still have fire in attic area. Truck Co. is venting the roof. House is a 3-story frame. Fire is DWH at this time. Extensive M/A to cover & scene. [EAN3621]. 10:50a.m.
· EAST GREENWICH (GLOUCESTER Co.), NJ: Update **3rd Alarm** 9 W. Cohoken Rd. 2 doors down from Firehouse 191. This is a 2.5-story cinderblock frame. "Adams Family" type home. All fire is knocked down. All smoke is gone. Just chasing some hot spots. Fire is PWH per EAN3308 on scene. Should be under control soon. [EANSTAFF 3305]. 11:21a.m.
· MATTAPOISETT, MA: Working fire at Pearl at Hammond Streets. Building fire. M/A from Fairhaven *453.025/46.18* [TAC9-C158]. 11:26a.m.
· ST AUGUSTINE, FL: I-95 near I-16. Multiple injury MVA involving 2 travel buses & an 18-wheeler. I-95 gridlocked for approx 25 miles. NFI ATT (FNNM 300*). 11:27a.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: 75-1524 *All Hands* @ W. 128 St. & Douglas Blvd. BATT12 reports fire in a 1-story 20x40 taxpayer, 2 lines run. DWH. [MNS-2]. 12:31p.m.
· MANHATTAN, NY: All Hands – Box 1524 at 301 W. 128th St. near St. Nicholas Ave & 130th St. Fire in a 1-story taxpayer, main body of fire is extinguished. Trucks opening up. [EAN100]. 12:39p.m.
· Update – MANHATTAN, NY: 75-1524 @ W. 128th St. & Douglas Blvd. 1-story 20x40 taxpayer. DIV6 reports PWH. [MNS-2/IAP]. 12:42p.m.
· JEFFERSON, ME: Working fire on Munsey Rd. Structure fire. M/A from Somerville, Whitefield & Nobleboro FD's. *155.985* [TAC9-C31]. 1:16p.m.
· WARREN TWP., IN: Working fire at 1130 Aqua Vista. 2-story Apartment complex with heavy fire showing on arrival. [INDY-12]. 2:42p.m.
· EARLE (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: W/F 2nd Alarm Equiv. at the Navel Weapons Station *Main side of base* on Rt.34 opposite the main gate. Chief advising a very heavy smoke condition from the scale house. Requesting M/A to the scene from Colts Neck & recall of all off-duty members. [EAN100]. 2:48p.m.
· Update - EARLE (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm Equiv. at the Naval Weapons Station *Main side of base on Rt. 34 opposite main gate. Command reports heavy fire conditions on the interior & possibly in the attic. Truck Co. opening the roof & reporting it is sponging & soft. Fire building is reported as the "scale house" unknown type of structure. DWH. [EAN100]. 2:57p.m.
· Update - EARLE (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm Equiv. at the Naval Weapons Station *Main side of base on Rt. 34 opposite main gate. Command requesting a full response from Colts Neck. M/A from Middletown & Ft. Monmouth for cover, also requesting incoming Units to expedite. DWH. [EAN52/633/ EAN100]. 3:02p.m.
· Update - EARLE (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm Equiv. at the Naval Weapons Station *Main side of base on Rt. 34 opposite main gate. Command reports the main body of fire is knocked down at this time. All Co.'s still working. [EAN52/633/ EAN100]. 3:04p.m.
· EASTHAMPTON, MA: Working fire at 2 Pomoroy Court. Building fire - now knocked down. M/A Station coverage. CT123 [TAC9-C158]. 3:09p.m.
· Update - NWS - EARLE (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm Equiv. Rt.34 opposite the main gate. Fire building is a 1.5-story brick 20x30 scale house at the weigh station. All visible fire extinguished & the fire is under control. *FINAL* [NJ375 O/S EAN633/52/ EAN100]. 3:11p.m.
· MFN: BALTIMORE, MD: Dwelling **2nd Alarm** 3600 block Park Heights Ave. (Box 29-1). E-52 reporting 2-story middle of group with heavy fire conditions - extension. Reported children in attic. CAR 414 is en-route. [MFN-4]. 4:39p.m.
· TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: 2nd Alarm 15A Gwynn Ave. P426 requests 2-2 Alarm on arrival. Flames visible. 2 lines stretched working. Primary search underway. TFN328/TFN409 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 4:44p.m.
· ROCHESTER, NH: Working fire on Milton Rd (Rt.108) near Victory Lane 1.5-story house fire. First Units with heavy smoke & fire showing *154.980* [TAC9-C31]. 4:50p.m.
· JOHNSTON, RI: Working fire at 33 Shun Pike. Large pile of pallets. Full 1st Alarm assignment working. *154.175* [TAC9-C51]. 4:55p.m.
· TORONTO (ONTARIO), CANADA: 2nd Alarm at Milner and Morningside. Tire store – fully involved on arrival. TFN300 [TORONTO FIRENET-TAC9]. 5:08p.m.
· BROOKLINE, MA: Working fire at 64 Amory Street. C-2 reports fire in the basement of a 2.5-story wood frame occupied dwelling. All Companies working – DWH. *483.4375* [TAC9-C20]. 5:17p.m.
· Update – BROOKLINE, MA: Working fire on Box-253 at 64 Amory Street. C-2 reports fire has been knocked down. Co.'s overhauling and checking for extension – PWH. *483.4375* [TAC9-C20]. 5:35p.m.
· GREENSBORO, NC **2nd Alarm** 3019 Cottage Pl. 2-story Apartment building with fire in multiple units. Co.’s in offensive mode making good progress. Truck Co. on roof for vent. Salvage operations underway. EMS on scene for rehab. [CFP*599]. 5:42p.m.
· EVERETT, MA: Working fire on Box 373 at 21 Rogler Street. Fire on the roof of a 3-story commercial building. *154.310* C20/C519/C158 [TAC9-C108]. 6:45p.m.
· HOLYOKE, MA: Working fire at 261 Elm Street. Fire on floor #1 of an unknown type building. C158/ CT123. [TAC9-C108]. 6:58p.m.
· STLFN: EAST ST.LOUIS (ST.CLAIR Co.), IL: ESTLFD is on scene of a house fire the 700 block of N. 70th St. Co 422 off with an 1.75" line. Co. 424 assisting. (STL 835). 7:27p.m.
· PEPPERELL, MA: MVA at 125 River Rd (Rte 111). Request for the Jaws to the scene. Request for Lifeflight. L/Z Deaconess Nashoba Hospital. ETA 14 minutes. *33.52/453.55* [TAC9-C108]. 7:28p.m.
· STLFN: FENTON (ST.LOUIS Co.), MO: Fenton FPD *1st Alarm* @ Blue Chip Exterminator, 1623 Headland. Fire in a 100x100 building - 50% involved w/Hazmat inside. [STL899]. 7:31p.m.
· STLFN: FENTON (ST.LOUIS Co.), MO: Fenton FPD *2nd Alarm* @ Blue Chip Exterminator, 1623 Headland. 1-story Commercial building 100x100 - 50% involved w/Hazmat inside. Fire is thru the roof. [STL899]. 7:33p.m.
· ALLENTOWN (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: 2nd Alarm Equiv. Main St & Waker St. Building fire. Possibly secondary to an explosion. M/A from Mercer & Ocean Counties to scene & for cover. [EAN90/100]. 7:34p.m.
· READING, PA: 2nd Alarm at 221 Franklin St. Vacant 3-story dwelling - well involved. Also a working dwelling fire at 40 North 3rd St. [PA33/EAN10]. 7:44p.m.
· Update - PEPPERELL MA: MVA at 125 River Rd (Rte 111). Request for a 2nd & 3rd Helicopter to the L/Z @ Deaconess Nashoba Hospital for (3) 10-45 Code 2's. *33.520/453.550* [TAC9-C108]. 7:47p.m.
· CRANSTON, RI: Working fire at 2550 Plainfield Pike, RI Resource Recovery. Co.'s report a large pile of junk & refuge afire. Co.'s laying lines. All Companies working. *154.010* C51 [TAC9-C20]. 7:51p.m.
· DOVER, NH: MVA on Spaulding Turnpike (Rt.16) Northbound, south of Exit 7. Vehicle into the median guardrail with entrapment. Jaws in use. *154.295* C31/C101 [TAC9-C33]. 7:55p.m.
· STLFN: MADISON Co., IL: Rosewood Heights FD is on scene of a house fire @ 111 E. Airline Dr. East Alton FD responded M/A. (STL 835). 7:59p.m.
· 3rd Alarm Equiv. - ALLENTOWN (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: Working fire at Waker Ave & Main St. Additional M/A Co.'s to the scene. Co.'s from Monmouth, Ocean, Mercer & Burlington Counties either operating or for cover. DWH [EAN695/90/ EAN100]. 8:05p.m.
· Update - ALLENTOWN (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: 3rd Alarm at Waker St & Main St. Fire building is a large 3.5 story brick commercial building - well involved. Drafting & Tanker operations in place. Fire is DWH. [EAN STAFF/ EAN100]. 8:09p.m.
· LEE’S SUMMIT (JACKSON Co.), MO: *1st Alarm fire* @ 422 NW Timberbrooke x Ashurst. Smoke showing from a single-family dwelling. P1, P4, P5, T2, T3, T4, R6, BN6. [KCFN-02]. 8:13p.m.
· SAUGUS, MA: MVA at 151 Water St. Vehicle into pole and stonewall. Reported entrapment and unconscious & unresponsive inside. *159.645* [TAC9-C158]. 8:41p.m.
· NORTH BERWICK, ME: Working fire at 678 Morrills Mills Rd. 1.5-story wood frame house. Fire on floor 2. M/A from Sanford, S. Berwick, Berwick & Wells FD's. *154.190/460.550* [TAC9-C31]. 8:57p.m.
· Update - ALLENTOWN (MONMOUTH Co.), NJ: 3rd Alarm at 9 N. Main St. Building is a 2-story brick V-shaped commercial building 60x60. Fire appears to have started on 2nd floor & went thru the roof, which has now collapsed. 2 Ladder Pipes & 3 exterior hand lines operating. Still DWH. [EAN27 O/S, STAFF/ EAN100]. 9:05p.m.
· 2nd Alarm - HOLYOKE, MA: 300 Walnut St. Fire showing from the 5th floor of an Apartment building. CT123 [TAC9-C158]. 9:14p.m.
· STLFN: EDWARDSVILLE (MADISON Co.), IL: Edwardsville FD is on scene of a fully involved garage fire @ 5409 Buchta Rd. Holiday Shores FD responded M/A with a Tanker. Edwardsville FD is in an "All Call for Firefighters." (STL 835). 9:18p.m.
· Update - HOLYOKE, MA: 2nd Alarm at 300 Walnut St. Co.'s have water on the fire. Heavy smoke on upper floors. Several people trapped on balconies on the 5th floor. DWH. CT123 [TAC9-C158]. 9:41p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: *2nd Alarm* Box 267 @ Bushwick Ave & Meserole St. 4-story brick 80x40 mixed occupancy. DIV11 reports fire #1 floor store in the walls with extension to the ceiling in the public hall. * [MNS-342/2]. 10:08p.m.
· BROOKLYN, NY: *3rd Alarm* Box 267 @ Bushwick Ave & Meserole St. 4-story brick 80x40 mixed occupancy. Fire #1 floor store walls extending up. * [MNS-342/2]. 10:13p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: 33-267 *3rd Alarm* at 193 Meserole St x Bushwick Ave. 4-story 80x40 brick mixed occupancy. 5 Hand lines stretched. Trucks opening up. S/C for 2 extra Trucks (L110 & L132). Primary search 1st floor of fire building is negative. Still DWH. MNS2/342 [MNS085]. 10:37p.m.
· Update – BROOKLYN, NY: 33-267 *3rd Alarm* at 193 Meserole St. x Bushwick Ave. 4-story 80x40 brick mixed occupancy. Primary search fire bldg & exposures are negative. Fire is PWH. MNS2/342 [MNS085]. 10:42p.m.
· BOSTON, MA: Working fire on Box-2178 at 115 Howland Street. Reported fire showing from the 3rd floor of a 3-story wood frame structure. All Companies working – DWH. *483.1875* C519/C158 [TAC9-C20]. 11:48p.m.
· Update – BOSTON, MA: Working fire on Box-2178 at 115 Howland Street. C-7 reports fire on the top floor of a 3-story wood frame structure. 3-lines stretched & operating. L-29 is the FAST Co. Main body of fire has been knocked down – PWH. *483.1875* [TAC9-C20]. 11:59p.m.
*** FirePage Ohio Report for December 22, 2002 ***
FirePage Ohio® covers all of Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Northern Kentucky and we will soon add Eastern Indiana and the City of Indianapolis. We send all of our incident notifications via E-Mail. So, if you carry an alphanumeric pager, PDA or cell phone, and that device has an E-Mail address, we can get the information to you.
For additional information: E-Mail email@example.com or visit our web site at http://www.firepageohio.com.
If you'd like to report an incident, please call our hotline number: 1-888-342-0143, and leave a message. Please make sure you include your name and a call back number.
This report is complied by FirePage Ohio® Dispatcher Scott Berringer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Washington twp FD (Franklin): W/F 6071 Glenbar Pl. BN 91 reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. Fire Prevention S/C'd. FPO/D284 ©
Columbus FD: MVA/TRAUMA I-270 @ Morse Rd. 1 Car MVA from Pursuit. Cos: Eng 28, Med 28, Res16cuE, Res111cuE, Res133enG, EMS 12, BN 2. Car vs bridge abutment. Victim ejected. Med 28 with Level 1 Trauma. FPO/249/D260 ©
Cincinnati FD: W/F 1801 Vine St. 3 sty brk bldg. Cos: Eng 5, 29, Trk 29, 3, Dist 1. Eng 3 - RIT. Dist 2, Res 14 on the W/F. FPO/D1002 ©
Cincinnati FD: W/F 1801 Vine St. Dist 1 requesting Squad 52 to assist with forcible entry. FPO/D1002 ©
Hamilton Twp FD (Franklin): MVA/TRAUMA on Canal St South of SR 317. Victims ejected. Med 171, 172 enroute. FPO/249/D223 ©
Hamilton Twp FD (Franklin): MVA/TRAUMA on Canal St South of SR 317. 4x4 rollover, unknown when incident occured. Victims located by passerby. 2 Level 1 Traumas to Grant. FPO/249/D223 ©
Hamilton Twp FD (Franklin): MVA/TRAUMA on Canal St South of SR 317. Med 171 has 20s male, massive head trauma. FPO/249/D223 ©
Cincinnati FD: W/F 5419 Newfield. House fire. Cos: Eng 2, 9, Trk 2, 32, Dist 4. FPO/D1002 ©
Hamilton Twp FD (Franklin): MVA/TRAUMA on Canal St South of SR 317. Med 172 with 19 male, massive head trauma, multiple fractures. FPO/249/D223 ©
Cincinnati FD: W/F 5419 Newfield. Eng 8 - RIT. Res 46, Dist 3 on the W/F. FPO/D1002 ©
Cincinnati FD: W/F 5419 Newfield. Dist 4 requesting add'l Rescue. Res 38 enroute. FPO/D1002 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 7340 Cimmaron Station Rd. Cos: Eng 27, 11, 92, Lad 27, 101, Res11cuE, Res101enG, Med 11, BN 7, 2, 101. Chimney fire with extension in 2 sty MFD. FPO/D217 ©
Youngstown FD: W/F 514 West Judson. Cos: Eng 2, 15, 9, Lad 24, Squad 33, BN 1, 2. BN 2 requesting Dominion East Ohio on a rush. FPO/D323 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 7340 Cimmaron Station Rd. RIC: Eng 30, Med 92, EMS 17, SO 2. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus FD: W/F 7340 Cimmaron Station Rd. BN 7 reports fire K/D. Holding all companies. Red Cross & Utilities S/c'd. FPO/D217 ©
Columbus FD: MVA/TRAUMA I-71 & I-270 (North Side). Victim ejected, trapped under vehicle. Cos: Med 6, 111, Res16cuE, Res101enG, Res111cuE, Eng 6, EMS 12, BN 2. FPO/249/D223 ©
Columbus FD: MVA/TRAUMA I-71 & I-270 (North Side). Civilian passersby lifted vehicle off victim prior to FD arrival. Med 6 enroute to Childrens Hospital with Pediatric Level 1 Trauma. FPO/249/D223 ©
Columbus FD: MVA/TRAUMA I-71 & I-270 (North Side).Med 111 to Grant Medical Center with Adult Level 1 Trauma. FPO/249/D223 ©
Columbus FD: MVA/PIN Morse & Hamilton. 1 car MVA with person pinned, possibly also a pedistrian struck. Cos: Eng 29, Med 29, Res133enG, BN 131. FPO/276/284/D260 ©
Columbus FD: MVA/PIN Morse & Hamilton. Extrication completed. Command reports 1 victim. FPO/284/260/D276 ©
Cleveland FD: (Delayed) W/F 3027 Monroe. BN 4 reported fire on 2nd floor of a 2.5 sty house. Used 3 Engines, 2 Ladders, Squad 2, & BN 4. FPO/D700 ©
--- Pages Today: 21
--- Pages YTD: 4273
*** REPORT FROM THE LINE OF FIRE ***
Brooklyn, N.Y. 12/22/02 @ 10:00 hrs.
address: 1711 President Street
between: Utica Ave. & Rochester Ave.
1607 @ 09:45
Engs. 234, 227, 283
Lads. 123, 120
10 - 75 - 1607 @ 09:49
Ladder 174 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #2
Squad Co. #252
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 1607 @ 09:53
Batt. 38 reports, Box 1607, were going to use the All - Hands. Fire on the top floor of a 3 story multiple dwelling. 1 - line stretched and in operation. 2nd. line stretched as a precautionary. Searches are in progress. Fire's Doubtful.
3 Story Brick 20 x 50 M.D.
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a Similar Type attach
Exp. #3: Is a Rear Yard
Exp. #4: Is a Driveway
@ 09:58 Division 15:
Primary search of the fire floor is negative. Primary search of the fire Apt. is still underway. The reported occupant from the basement has been removed. Probably Will Hold
@ 10:01 Division 15:
Primary search of the fire Apt. is negative.
@ 10:07 Division 15:
Secondary search of the fire bldg. is negative. Fire is UnderControl.
Manhattan, N.Y. 12/22/02 @ 13:30 hrs.
address: 301 West 128th. Street
between: 8th. Ave. & St. Nickolas Ave.
1524 @ 13:20
Engs. 37, 59, 47
Lads. 40, 30
10 - 75 - 1524 @ 13:23
Ladder 26 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #3
Squad Co. #41
1 Story Brick 20 x 40 Taxpayer
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is Unknown
Exp. #3: Is Unknown
Exp. #4: Is a 2 Story Taxpayer
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 1524 @ 13:26
Batt. 12 reports, Will be using All - Hands, we have a fire in a TaxPayer. Further to follow "K"
@ 13:31 Batt. 12:
Using All - Hands. Fire in a 1 story Taxpayer. We have 2 - lines stretched. Primary search is negative.
@ 13:35 Division 6
We stretched 2 - lines. Main body of fire has been extinguished. Truck's are "Opening Up" Still Doubtful.
@ 13:41 Division 6:
Fire is UnderControl.
Division 6: Primary & secondary searches are completed thru out the fire building & are negative.
Brooklyn, N.Y. 12/22/02 @ 20:00 hrs.
address: 1680 McDonald Ave.
between: Ave. "O" & 24th. Ave.
2951 @ 19:56
Engs. 330, 250, 276
Lads. 172, 156
10 - 75 - 2951 @ 20:02
TowerLadder 153 is designated as the "FAST" Truck
Rescue Co. #2
Squad Co. #1
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 2951 @ 20:03
Batt. 33 reports, Using All - Hands for a fire in a 1 story commercial bldg. Heavy smoke pushing out. Truck's are "Opening Up" the roll downs. 1 - line stretched. A 2nd. line is being stretched. Doubtful.
1 Story Brick 15 x 80
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a 1 Story Commercial
Exp. #3: Is Unknown
Exp. #4: Is a 1 Story Commercial
@ 20:07 Batt. 33:
2 - lines stretched. Fire's in the rear of what looks like an auto body shop or mechanic's shop. Truck's "Opening Up" Primary search is in progress. Still Doubtful.
@ 20:08 Batt. 33:
Primary search is negative in the fire bldg. Fire is darkening down. You can return the Special Units We'll go with Probably Will Hold.
@ 20:13 Batt. 33:
Fire is UnderControl. Secondary searches are negative thru out.
Brooklyn, N.Y. 12/22/02 @ 22:45 hrs.
address: 190 Meserole Street
between: Bushwick Ave. & Humboldt St.
267 @ 22:35
Engs. 216, 237, 206
Lads. 108, 146
10 - 75 - 267 @ 22:40
Ladder 104 is designated as the "Fast" Truck
Rescue Co. #2
Squad Co. #252
All - Hands:
7 - 5 - 267 @ 22:49
Batt. 35 reports, Using All - Hands for a fire in a 1st. floor store. We just gained access, no flame showing. 1 - line is stretched. "K"
4 Story Brick 80 x 40
Exp. #1: Is a Street
Exp. #2: Is a 2 Story Frame 20 x 40
Exp. #3: Is Unknown
Exp. #4: Is a Street
Special Call an additional Engine & Truck Eng. 221 & Lad. 119 s/c
@ 22:59 Division 11:
Have fire in the walls in the public hallway leading from the store to the floors above. Also, have fire in the ceiling of the store. Transmit a 2nd. Alarm
2 - 2 - 267 @ 22:59
Engs. 211, 218, 230
Batt. 37 "Safety Cord."
Batt. 57 "Comm. Cord."
Special Operations Battalion
Eng. 207 / Satalite 6
Tac. Support Unit #1
3 - 3 - 267 @ 23:07
Engs. 212, 209, 217, 271
Lad. 120 acting 119
Batt. 4 s/c as Staging Chief*
Car 4 "Adam"
Mask Service Unit
*Staging area at Humboldt St. & Scholes St.
@ 23:32 Fieldcom 1:
From Asst. Chief Hadden: 5 - Handlines stretched & in operation. Have minor extensions to the 2nd. floor of Exp. #2. Have minor extensions to the cochloff of Exp. #2. All visible fire has been extinguished. Truck's are "Opening Up". Primary search of Exp. #2 is negative. Primary search of the 1st. floor of the fire bldg. is negative. Fire is Still Doubtful.
Special Call ( 2 ) additional Trucks to the staging area. Ladder 110 acting 108 & Ladder 132 acting 104 are s/c
@ 23:40 Fieldcom 1:
Primary search of the fire bldg. & exposures are negative. Fire is Probably Will Hold.
@ 23:51 Fieldcom 1:
All fire has been extinguished.
Fire is UnderControl.
*** ST. LOUIS COUNTY FIRE DEPT's WEB PAGE *** by Mike Land ****
Due to Mike's busy schedule at work he hasn't had time to update the web-site but appreciates all the updated info he receives. He'll use this info when he finally gets a chance to update the site.
*** FireNet Group Of The Day: ***
The Eastern Shore Fire Network
9512 Rum Ridge Rd.
Delmar Maryland 21875
Hot Line: 1-888-744-8088
ESFN covers all of the Eastern Shore Of Delmarva which is Maryland, Delaware & Virgina. We page up-to-the minute info on all working fire and ems alarms on the shore. We also offer ESNN, The Eastern Shore News Network which will report on local and national news stories.
ESFN Chief Administrator
Special Thanks to everyone who contributes fire news. ALSO a BIG THANKS to ALL FireNet pager groups who provide St. Louis FireNet with fire info. For a listing of these groups and how you can get a fire pager please e-mail me at:
World Of Fire E-Mail:
SUBSCRIBE TO World Of Fire Daily Report at:
Subscribe via e-mail to: WOF_Reportemail@example.com
View working fires reports & pictures at:
Content Copyright © 1998-2002 - World Of Fire Report. All Rights Reserved
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)