Forum Member

Default Resolution: No More LODD's

Happy New Year's!
    Here is a resolution for us. We should try to have no more LODD. I'm not going to try to do it like the other people did, coming up with those acronyms, because I feel that things would be added on, or removed in order for it to make an acronym. So, here are some things that I've seen have caused LODD's, and are easy to solve.

Heart Attack
    -There is not much more we can do for the older guys, except try to prevent them from doing too much, however, we as juniors/explorers/... are still young. We have to start eating right, staying in shape, etc. The job is stressful enough, we should be in the best condition that we can to do that job.

Dehydration
    -Drink lots of water, stay cool.

Crashes
    -Buckle UP!!!! Fire Trucks can crash too!

Wow, I thought I had more and better ideas than that, but, well, at least I tried. I'll keep thinking.
    Any statements I have made are my statements, and my statements alone.

MembersZone Subscriber

Nice thought. Too bad the fire service is good at being reactive, and pretty bad at being proactive. Generally, bad things happen, before anybody thinks about chaging them. Unfortunately, as long as there are FF's there will be LODD's.

lets just keep training and be as safe as posible, i think our generation, if we use our heads right can change the non proacitve fire service in the years to come if we start now.
    never forget 343 FDNY
    in memory of 40 ENGINE/35 TRUCK
    normal people spend their life's avoiding intense situations.....a fireman's life is an intence situation.

Forum Member

Yeah, that's my point.
    Some of the older guys are too stuck-in-the-mud for any changes to be made now. We are all pretty young however, and we can start making changes. It may take a while to happen, but it will never happen if it never starts. We won't be able to stop everything, but a lot of things are prevetable, and such we should do our best to prevent them.
    Any statements I have made are my statements, and my statements alone.

Thread Information